1 Day Saturday - ONE DAYER - West Coast warriors v Allies (round 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by TheMase
Im not too worried.

I came in here hoping for a win, but when you play the defending premiers in an AWAY game it was always going to be hard.

The main problem for us is many of our batsman (beside myself) did not stand up, just an issue we have to work on.

Great Effort by Hoggy with the bat though down the order, helping us to at least a competitive score.

This was my first hitout as coach of a one-day lineup and many of the players have not played one-day cricket before, so we are certainly looking towards the future, and definetely have something to build on.

We will be up there by seasons end ....

Well we certainly learnt a few things didn't we, and figuring that I prolly have a rest game coming up with our middle order rotation policy, I would like to say:

I've seen monkey **** fights at the zoo more organised than we are at the moment.

Hoggy had one over left and WCE2000 had six. Did you plan for WCE2000 to bowl the last six overs consecutively?

And I have never seen a bowling attack give up a 250 run unbeaten opening partnership and somehow the main problem is our batting.

Never mind ALLIES, we will get them in the next round.

At least this hopefully puts an end to our long hop theory.

Originally posted by Player

Well we certainly learnt a few things didn't we, and figuring that I prolly have a rest game coming up with our middle order rotation policy, I would like to say:

I've seen monkey **** fights at the zoo more organised than we are at the moment.

Hoggy had one over left and WCE2000 had six. Did you plan for WCE2000 to bowl the last six overs consecutively?

And I have never seen a bowling attack give up a 250 run unbeaten opening partnership and somehow the main problem is our batting.

Never mind ALLIES, we will get them in the next round.

At least this hopefully puts an end to our long hop theory.

Of course it is the batting when your team can't take a wicket;) Masey, do u know what your doing? Looks like there is still some probs over at the allies;)

Wow that was unexpected. Definately makes that 2 run loss to the Big V easier to take.

Well done too WA and Iceman on both carrying the bat.

and can I once again say that my name contains an 'n' in it. :)

Well done to our openers for an easy win.....

we'll make it 2 in 2002!!

I'm reasonably pleased with my bowling figures of 0 for 41 off 10 overs considering it was my first one-day match. Cery respectable figures those I reckon.

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

Originally posted by eagleskickass

Of course it is the batting when your team can't take a wicket;) Masey, do u know what your doing? Looks like there is still some probs over at the allies;)
Well I won last year, so I would think I know what I am doing :rolleyes:

Maybe the fact that it was an away match, may have had a little to do with it hay EKA?

We will come along, you will see...

1 day jokers

Well credit where it's due they outplyaed us thoroughly & we're big enough to recognise that.

But I'm not overly bothered everyone knows that the WC recruiting policy is constructed with the 1 day game in mind, as I've said before they're the kings of pajama cricket, but get them in the Test arena over 5 days & it's a different story they're just the India of this competition.

Although we go out to win every game I thinks it's fair to say that our squad is built with real cricket in mind, personally I'm looking forward to getting into them when we meet in the Championship let's see how mouthy Jod is then when I've got a leg gulley a leg slip a forward short leg & i'm bowling at 95mph from around the wicket pitching everything in my half of the pitch.

It's important that we all pull together for the good of the team & the biggest positive we can pull out of the game (& it is a big one believe me) is that our inspirational leader is back in form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back