Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

In his presser Fly was very “not gunna talk about the future” about Pendlebury.

Dunno why, but it gave me “No certainty to be at Collingwood next year” vibes.
I didn’t get that at all. Pretty consistent with how Fly always responds to those questions

I would think that's just giving Pendles the respect he deserves by allowing him to speak about his own future when he chooses to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Provided the younger players around him continue to improve and win the contested ball, he can play to his strengths by scooping on a loose ball and getting a handball receive to create

Other clubs are already calling.
Not for him to play, but for him to do an apprenticeship with a view to becoming head coach.
StKilda might be one.

you can't do what he did yesterday at 36 years of age, you just can't.

with due respect to Buckley, Daicos Snr, Thommo, the Coventry's & the Colliers, Pendles is clearly the greatest player to ever pull on a Collinwood jumper.

I can't wait for him to run out for the 400th time, it will be a great day.

you can't do what he did yesterday at 36 years of age, you just can't.

with due respect to Buckley, Daicos Snr, Thommo, the Coventry's & the Colliers, Pendles is clearly the greatest player to ever pull on a Collinwood jumper.

I can't wait for him to run out for the 400th time, it will be a great day.
Guarantee that I will cry when he runs out for his 400th (hope it is at MCG) and again the day he retires.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't retire a bloke after round 2.

View attachment 1993275

View attachment 1993276

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Even at the time it was a stupid thing to say. We were getting pumped, but Pendles has been good for 18-25 disposals almost every week.

Over our first month he averaged 21 touches a game in a team that was mostly struggling. Over the last month, he's averaged 26 disposals and kicked 3 goals in a team going well. He's definitely in better form recently, but to suggest he was "done" at the start of the year was pure engagement farming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back