SE QLD 3 day lockdown - 4pm today

Remove this Banner Ad

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just announced, SE QLD, inc Gold Coast will enter a 3 day lockdown from 4pm today.
”trust me I’m a doctor” health minister confirmed NO sport after that time.

3 games scheduled in Bris & GC, plus Brisbane still due to fly out for Tassie (zero chance they will now be let in).
Melb Demons literally just landed in GC as this was announced.

Absolute choose of the AFL today!

Only a three day lockdown, just got to sit it out and pray the cluster doesn't grow. Dees need to stay on the plane, refuel and fly straight back.

Now everyone on their knees and pray

I dare say lockdown will be extended. Courier Mail saying 14 days but I think they might just go with 7 day extension and reassess

Right call to go early.

Agreed, if they hadn't they would be in real trouble. I agree with the SA Police Commissioner who said the key is to lockdown quickly but also it is just as important to come out as quick as you can. If you take too long coming out you lose community confidence for the next one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully it motivates people to get vaxed. Qld has one if the lower rates of uptake. 36% 1st dose as against 43% in vic/NSW and both those states are adding .9 a day of 1st doses to their total, nearly 5% a week as against .25 in qld and .15 in WA.

Get vaxed. Protect yourself, your family and the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back