GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep there is a meeting this week. Hopefully all goes well and we can announce that signing too In the coming weeks.

Wow what a massive coup that would be for corio, sure to turn the league upside down and in turn give bph some more motivation to stay on top. Major slap in the face it would look like to me but jovanovic would be able to command some big coin. Any followers leaving with coy and is Murphy confirmed to Anglesea?

two flags for the club and watching a third on the sidelines was always gonna be tough to compete against.

good to see you blokes trying though, some good signs from a few of the clubs that have struggled recently.

two flags for the club and watching a third on the sidelines was always gonna be tough to compete against.

good to see you blokes trying though, some good signs from a few of the clubs that have struggled recently.

Definately hard too compete against that bizza, oh well one door shuts others will open. who's the other signings you have.

hey Muttonchops - nice try but your "Hawks suffer in ya jocks" line gives you up mate

Well you said that we berated every other team when we lost. It was just Hawthorn, most Geelong supporters dislike the Hawks and took great pleasure in seeing them lose the Grand Final as i did.

please you two,get a room.......

Glad to hear that Jovanovic will be returning next year. Any chance at all that Matt Firman may end up back at Myers Reserve in 2013?

Have Banno got a coach? Are they the only team in the geelong area looking for a coach?

Saw they had an ad in the paper on Saturday for a coach, so i guess that would mean no coach yet. Leaving it a little late arent they. Sounds like they may have had someone but it fell through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cain Hayes, Chris Parker and scott verner signed at Corio, to go with billy, hutchy and Bourke brothers it's a good start to the recruiting for next season . It's good to pick up some more exsperinced players to assist the young talent we have.
Ric lazzerich signed at the devils tonight another great devil and player to have back at the club. Good luck to Lazer this year as he will be playing his 300th gdfl senior game and will get a well deserved league life membership at the end off 2013. Well done Lazer. Obviously fingers crossed no major injuries to him so this can be achieved.

Wow sounds like an exodus of players at Anakie. With Scott McDonald quitting as coach and Phil Gavin taking the reigns they could be up for a whole new team next season?

Anakie going down the right path, weeding out the old (Lazzarich and Hayes) and bringing in a batch of youngsters from GFL reserves to build the club around.

In my opinion, Lazer is well past it anyway. In Anakie matches I watched last year, he seemed to be content in playing a kick behind the play and struggled to keep up. Hayes still has a bit to offer, however he seems to only run one way and the defensive side of his game will be exposed against the elite midfields for East & BPH.

Ric lazzerich signed at the devils tonight another great devil and player to have back at the club. Good luck to Lazer this year as he will be playing his 300th gdfl senior game and will get a well deserved league life membership at the end off 2013. Well done Lazer. Obviously fingers crossed no major injuries to him so this can be achieved.

Corio is certainly recruiting well from outside Devils, but whats happening with existing players?

Rumours that Jason Huhn, Brad Huhn & Shane Manning may not be playing next year amongst others,
any news on this?

Corio is certainly recruiting well from outside Devils, but whats happening with existing players?

Rumours that Jason Huhn, Brad Huhn & Shane Manning may not be playing next year amongst others,
any news on this?
Jase and Manno are staying brad is playing in Canberra with mccload. His our only loss except for retirements. Anyone that has played against or with Lazer wouldn't make those kinda comments his a quality player and great bloke. Very very very hard competitor and hates to lose which is a attribute alot off people would love to have.

I agree on Lazer. I dunno what games you were watching PeeeWeee but he seemed to be one of the hardest on the ball and also has one of the biggest engines I have seen for a player of his age.

I agree on Lazer. I dunno what games you were watching PeeeWeee but he seemed to be one of the hardest on the ball and also has one of the biggest engines I have seen for a player of his age.

You can't doubt lazers attack on the footy-second to none. But I dare say this would be his final season coming up because his fitness level is not near where it needs to be to compete with the good sides. He may slot in to a back pocket to ensure he sees out the season. Still in most teams best 22, but his best is well passed him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back