Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

no wonder north are in trouble. if they are paying jarrah maksymow $450 per game as stated in today border they deserve to be broke.. Fringe players getting these dollars, what a joke.

heck me!! Serious!!!??? Who stated that and you say it was in the paper? The president? Surely not that sponsor bloke??

And yet they are currently EMAILLING EVERYONE asking good hearted sponsors to pay up early so they can then go and pay that clown money like that from last year. As you said - they deserve to be broke.

heck me!! Serious!!!??? Who stated that and you say it was in the paper? The president? Surely not that sponsor bloke??

And yet they are currently EMAILLING EVERYONE asking good hearted sponsors to pay up early so they can then go and pay that clown money like that from last year. As you said - they deserve to be broke.
Thought I would be the last bloke to defend North but take away any O&M clubs game day bar revenue not to mention functions and thats hard to recoup. As for recruiting players that was a big mistake but you have meet the market and Hume and Tallangatta clubs pay good money which makes it hard. Not all young blokes are willing to be tested and the higher level with out reward. I dont agree they are worth it but thats how it works. Player of good character are best to recruit, no one wants disruptive influnces at their clubs so sometimes they take a chance.

I do understand that he should be paid that much $460 is a lot for a guy who has done nothing, but these clubs north lavi maybe albury, I bet they do pay a bit more then they would like on these fringe players, but it's these rubbish bush clubs jindera thurgoona, etc which are so close and offer just that bit extra so they go, unfortunately these clubs really have to worry about their own backyards first

The bit I don't understand is that If North Albury know they don't receive income from bar sales or know the Sports Club is struggling why are they spending so much money on players? You would think that they would budget for what they can afford but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I do understand that he should be paid that much $460 is a lot for a guy who has done nothing, but these clubs north lavi maybe albury, I bet they do pay a bit more then they would like on these fringe players, but it's these rubbish bush clubs jindera thurgoona, etc which are so close and offer just that bit extra so they go, unfortunately these clubs really have to worry about their own backyards first

Mate we compete for the same pool of players every other club in the region does. Players leave for a variety of reasons. Yes money is one. Sometimes they're not getting an opportunity at senior level in the o and m for whatever reason . The other is some cant commit to the level you need to in the o and m. But to say bush clubs are the reason that players like maksymow get paid so much isnt entirely correct. I would guarantee you a club like mm where he came from would match or beat that. The bush clubs are paying this cash because mediocre players are demanding it.

I heard it in yarrawonga today, im not sure if he played this year but had a few strong seasons with strathmore.

So at this stage I will have a crack at my ladder,

Yarrawonga
Albury
Lavingtonw
Wodonga
Wang Rovers
Corowa
Wangaratta
Wodonga raiders
Myrtleford
North albury

Havent really heard a lot about the saints, as they are being very quiet, most other clubs have been fairly active whether its players going or coming

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I heard it in yarrawonga today, im not sure if he played this year but had a few strong seasons with strathmore.

So at this stage I will have a crack at my ladder,

Yarrawonga
Albury
Lavingtonw
Wodonga
Wang Rovers
Corowa
Wangaratta
Wodonga raiders
Myrtleford
North albury

Havent really heard a lot about the saints, as they are being very quiet, most other clubs have been fairly active whether its players going or coming

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think you're close. I would swap Wodonga and Wang personally.

Are we forgetting that this guy played some good games for the Hoppers last season.. He was noted as one of the best 6 players at home and away games quite a few times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know i am star gazing here but wouldn't you think if you were McDonald a seriously good player for Hoppers and one of their spiritual leaders along with Leslie, he would come out and say ok i a staying and we are going to put Nth back on the map i would think a lot of people around the place would sit up and say lets get into fixing this problem Adversity brings out strong leaders

I know i am star gazing here but wouldn't you think if you were McDonald a seriously good player for Hoppers and one of their spiritual leaders along with Leslie, he would come out and say ok i a staying and we are going to put Nth back on the map i would think a lot of people around the place would sit up and say lets get into fixing this problem Adversity brings out strong leaders

Good in theory but if ypu are pushing 30 with limited success and none on the horizon and a potential to not be paid for last let alone the year ahead. It makes sense. I see where your coming from but at the end of the day you need to look after yourself and your family.

Good in theory but if ypu are pushing 30 with limited success and none on the horizon and a potential to not be paid for last let alone the year ahead. It makes sense. I see where your coming from but at the end of the day you need to look after yourself and your family.

NOP Is this where country and metro footy is at in that players are making playing footy their second job if this is the case then footy is going to be in a bad state down the track.
When i was able to play i had two jobs and football was a passion and a joy,loved being with my mates and having a few froffies its a shame its got too this.

NOP Is this where country and metro footy is at in that players are making playing footy their second job if this is the case then footy is going to be in a bad state down the track.
When i was able to play i had two jobs and football was a passion and a joy,loved being with my mates and having a few froffies its a shame its got too this.
Mate,
correct.... the almighty dollar has been around for years, but now its the dominant factor in gaining top recruits.And I don't see it changing.....

These blokes still have footy as a passion and a joy, they love being with their mates and definitely love a few beers after a game (unless the showers are cold)... But they've also got footy clubs prepared to pay them good money to play. You're not going to find many players these days who are willing to just play, especially if they are going to a new club. If you do find some, PM there details! ;)

Where you offerred big $$$$ to play elsewhere?Only people I ever hear complain about $$players being paid is those that aint or never where good enough.Players risk injury and also lose wages (in some cases)to play footy.Btw I have played for bugger all money most seasons and good money couple seasons.Yes too many dud players get paid I agree but clubs should also be more accountable.

If North Albury really has no money because a major sponsor failed to pay and the Sports Club generated little income then it goes to show that the only reliable source of cashflow in the long term is the work of volunteers and when these people start to put their hand out (or decide not to give their time) country football will be well and truly stuffed.

I wanted to agree but then I thought to myself that if you really were worried about your job and family commitments then you'd (reluctantly) give it away.

I would love to know the full story behind the scenes at North Albury though, I think everyone would have heard a lot of different stories & rumours, im guessing whats in the papers are just a little part of the story.
It's strange that the guys have left have been at the club for a long time, & the guys rumoured to be leaving have also be at the club a long time.
Im guessing the North Albury AGM will be the biggest they have had for a while.

Would have thought that they could have at least had the AGM last year to give the new board a chance to get everything sorted ASAP rather than leave the club in no mans land with no money and no clear direction

Would have thought that they could have at least had the AGM last year to give the new board a chance to get everything sorted ASAP rather than leave the club in no mans land with no money and no clear direction
I see today there is a post on the GVFL big footy forum asking, any truth in the rumour that Dan Leslie is about to sign with Benalla? Loosing Leslie is the last thing the Hoppers need !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back