Remove this Banner Ad

BWST

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 28, 2007
In The Swamp
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was unfortunate enough to be involved in a motor bike accident a couple of months back.

Resulting in me hitting the deck shoulder first. When i got up, and dusted myself off, it was obviously apparent something was wrong with my left shoulder.

It was sitting down very low, with my collar bone poking right out. I hadn't broken any bones, but ripped the shoulder off the tendons altogether, that attach it to the clavicle.

I have since had an operation. My shoulder was brought back up and pinned ( screwed ) with a surgical screw to bring it back up. In the past couple of weeks, the screw has started to loosen and my collar bone on that side is very prominent. I have been told, once the tendons are ripped, they cant be fixed.

Anyone else had anything similar, with better results ? Can the tendons be reattached ? what does a shoulder reconstruction involve ?

Much appreciated if anyone can give me similar experiences, advice or better answers than what i've been told.

Shoulders are a bitch.

I was assaulted by a patient years ago, and tore my rotator cuff. Took years to get better.

Lots of nerve probs after. Had an excellent surgeon though.
greg Hoy, who is Warnies doc and Murili and Rafter. Is an upper limb guy.

• Banned
Shoulders are a bitch.

I was assaulted by a patient years ago, and tore my rotator cuff. Took years to get better.

Lots of nerve probs after. Had an excellent surgeon though.
greg Hoy, who is Warnies doc and Murili and Rafter. Is an upper limb guy.

Wish i just tore a rotator cuff, i heal very good. But i did some major damage to my whole shoulder, collar bone set up.

It's aching like fu*$ as i type, it's looking like a set of sagging old curtains. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back