Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I'm an Australian in North America and my method of watching footy live just bit the dust. I've seen Setanta's online package before but the last time I checked it didn't include the AFL.

So with my other method dying I checked it out again and now it appears they do offer AFL online to North America. Check it out. Was just wanting to ask if anyone has this service and if they can recommend it. How many games a week are on live, and does the video load easily without any buffering issues? (I'm on a fast connection so this shouldnt be an issue)

Thanks in advance.

Oh yes they gave me a free trial when i signed up to Setanta TV, the version i used was quite good on a fairly good t'internet connection. I didn't watch Aussie Rules though as it is not on the UK version, i watched some football (Soccer) and the viewing was pretty good, the main issue with these things is seeing the ball but no problems there.

I watch it and it is fairly good. The TV quality is around 1992 if you lived in the Dandenong rangers! If you love your footy though it is definitely worth it. One thing to note is so far we have been able to use it on two computers, different IP address ranges at the same time so you might be able to split it with a mate.

I would recommend it. Friday night football, even if it is at midnight is a bloody wonderful thing. Usually they show 3 games a week, 2 live and 1 delayed as well as highlights. It has been great being a Cats supporter as we seem to be on a lot lately because we are up and running well.

Also check out acrossthetasman.com and fr333dom.com for torrents of games.

Where in the states are you?

Thanks for the replies guys. I signed up and am enjoying it for sure. Seems to be reliable and two-three games a week is better than nothing. The quality is also better than the last service I used.

I'm actually in Canada, in the arctic circle. But it still works up here. I think I signed up to the Canadian version but they seem to be the same.

And yes, I have also been using fr333dom but there's nothing like a live game ;)

Did anyone else with this service notice the games that were advertised as being on on the weekend weren't on and it seems there's none this weekend. What's up with that?

Did anyone else with this service notice the games that were advertised as being on on the weekend weren't on and it seems there's none this weekend. What's up with that?

Hey, might have been an issue in Aust mate. I'm in London and I use a Telstra Pigpond site called Aussie Sports
http://www.aussiesport.tv/page/Home/0,,12614,00.html

and they have no game replays at all this weekend, just highlights stuff, as well as the local pub that shows the games has issues getting games as well...

Thanks for the support all but it seems they have ditched the AFL. An angry email later and I'm no longer subscribed.

Boy I'm not going to take the coverage in Australia for granted ever again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back