SFL - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I just read on another site that all new rules except the 6.6.6 rule will be in place in local footy.

I see South Mildura have signed 3 blokes from Darwin

Corrie- Overweight, lazy half back
Baird- Hasn't played a Senior game for 8 years
Wangurra- Hasn't played footy since 18's which is 5 years ago

Reading the news article about these 3 players as star recruits made me spit out my coffee LOL
Do Clubs actually check up on possible recruits history or they just chuck money at anyone willing to come down?

Round 1 thoughts? South competitive early then fell away, Ouyen looked good early before being swamped by Irymple in the last quarter, Robinvale very good, red cliffs look like the sliders this year....

Irymple had a changeover of ten players from last years GF side.
Ouyen probably much the same.
Wenty will rise but I can’t fit them into the four at the end of the season
I’d go Imps Robinvale ouyen and Irymple (not in any order)

Irymple had a changeover of ten players from last years GF side.
Ouyen probably much the same.
Wenty will rise but I can’t fit them into the four at the end of the season
I’d go Imps Robinvale ouyen and Irymple (not in any order)
I’d go Irymple, Robinvale, Ouyen, Imps/Red Cliffs

Surely Brad Hards won’t pick himself in the rep side for this weekend. Clearly past that level now.

Is it safe to assume that the league is of pretty high standard in comparison with other vic/nsw country leagues? And that all senior players would be getting paid at all clubs?

If South Mildura end up at the new oval does that imply that either Imps or Mildura end up at number three? It would solve over use problems and could provide a second oval for junior footy. Would both clubs be willing to make the move.

No love lost between Imps and Irymple... both clubs asking investigators to look at off the ball hits from their clash last weekend... should make for interesting viewing come finals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the investigation would not be concluded until the 9th and 10th of August then the results have to go to the tribunal for whatever they get or don’t get. That tribunal would not sit until the last week of the home and away games. The investigations could of ended early but there has been no mention of the results in the Sunraysia Daily.

I thought the investigation would not be concluded until the 9th and 10th of August then the results have to go to the tribunal for whatever they get or don’t get. That tribunal would not sit until the last week of the home and away games. The investigations could of ended early but there has been no mention of the results in the Sunraysia Daily.

I have heard today that Coghlan had no case to answer therefore nothing will happen with him, but this is where it get weird. The other 3, Hards, Sicker and Mee have all been offered 2 weeks without having to go to the tribunal. I don't understand how this can be possible, if it has been found that there is a case to answer by the investigator I would expect all 3 should have to front the tribunal, especially considering 2 of the already have form with previous suspensions. I expect there will be plenty more to come of this.

I have heard today that Coghlan had no case to answer therefore nothing will happen with him, but this is where it get weird. The other 3, Hards, Sicker and Mee have all been offered 2 weeks without having to go to the tribunal. I don't understand how this can be possible, if it has been found that there is a case to answer by the investigator I would expect all 3 should have to front the tribunal, especially considering 2 of the already have form with previous suspensions. I expect there will be plenty more to come of this.
More news, Mee accepted his 2 weeks. Sicker and Hards both accepted their 2 weeks but Irymple objected, both must now front the tribunal tonight.

If irymple objected to the suspensions of Hards and Sicker to move to tribunal, there must be footage of the incidents or other means of highlighting their position, otherwise it's just rehashing the investigators notes...
Very interesting indeed....

Any footage would have been viewed during the investigation. I reckon that Irymple were not impressed with a two match suspension for an “incident “ that put one of there stars out for a week.

Added context....
Any footage would have been viewed during the investigation. I reckon that Irymple were not impressed with a two match suspension for an “incident “ that put one of there stars out for a week.
Footage was viewed during the investigation, hence the rejection by Irymple of the penalties handed out to both the Imperials players. The Irymple player accepted his penalty, as did Imps. Ultimately, Hards got 3 (after tribunal), Sicker and Mee 2 each....
It's going to make any meeting during Finals (Irymple currently 1st, Imps 2nd) a potential powderkeg, fair to say these 2 clubs hate each other. It's probably surpassed the traditional Red Cliffs/Imperials rivalry created during the early '90s....

I've seen the footage. The first forearm thrown by Imps player should be around the 6 week mark.
All the strikes and subsequent suspensions would have resulted in 4 weeks or greater penalties at AFL/VFL level. Keep in mind the player hit with the forearm I understand is still having issues with the damage as a result of the hit.

Any predictions for the first round of the finals? I reckon Robinvale may be out week 1, Wenty haven't really put a foot wrong even in their loss to the Swallows last week. The heavyweight match will certainly be Irymple v Imperials, will be a lot of heat and feeling in this one.. Imps goal kicking power may get them over the line..

Any predictions for the first round of the finals? I reckon Robinvale may be out week 1, Wenty haven't really put a foot wrong even in their loss to the Swallows last week. The heavyweight match will certainly be Irymple v Imperials, will be a lot of heat and feeling in this one.. Imps goal kicking power may get them over the line..
Has the League Medal count been had yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back