SFL Webshow

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again SFL=NFI. They thought that they could do a really good radio broadcast by getting rid of last years team and slashing the budget!! How wrong they were! They now know that they were wrong (they have failed to go to air 5 times). Interesting that they removed the news item from the SFL website about having to change last weeks broadcast because they couldn't guarentee the weather conditions. Seems they weren't meant to admit this in public. The SFL are trying to to do the radio on the cheap, hence crap media coverage. They have to though 'cos they are struggling to get sponsor $$. Therefore the only games they cover are at places with appropriate covered venues, therefore only a small amount of clubs (the same ones) are covered. Skye therefore MADMAN will never have a game covered.

What are they going to do during the finals????

Once again SFL=NFI. They thought that they could do a really good radio broadcast by getting rid of last years team and slashing the budget!! How wrong they were! They now know that they were wrong (they have failed to go to air 5 times). Interesting that they removed the news item from the SFL website about having to change last weeks broadcast because they couldn't guarentee the weather conditions. Seems they weren't meant to admit this in public. The SFL are trying to to do the radio on the cheap, hence crap media coverage. They have to though 'cos they are struggling to get sponsor $$. Therefore the only games they cover are at places with appropriate covered venues, therefore only a small amount of clubs (the same ones) are covered. Skye therefore MADMAN will never have a game covered.

What are they going to do during the finals????

MIO - The news item was removed (on Monday 29th in the morning) because the news was old (ie last week) and therefore no longer current! Understand??? Nothing secretative about that...if you have any suggestions or feedback, how about you call the office and have a chat with one of us. We are more than willing to have a chat with anyone regarding improvements, so why don't you try that honest approach as opposed to a cowardly bagging effort on bigfooty :thumbsu:

Thanks

HQ

Jesus guys, I wasnt intending this to be a bagging of the league, there coverage may not be as extensive as last year, or even as good

But there still trying, i spose it was just seeing alternatives, maybe they couldnt afford last years coverage (Which was great), this years is a trial period i would assume, it will get better, i was just comparing it to the only div 3 game i know of this year which was hampton and Sandown??

Hampton and Skye wouldve been a better game to show off div 3 in retrospect

No big deal though, i say let the SFL go through the trials they need to, give em time, it will become high class in the end

Man In orange, you seem to have some sought of invested interest in this specific topic??? It couldnt be helping the guys from last year reps i wouldve thought, automatically from your comments everyone would assume you are daz or benny, which i am assuming you are not???

OldFlanker, the purpose of the show is to showcase the league and the clubs that make up the league. Last time I checked, those clubs have the same right as all the others.

I agree that it's purpose is to showcase the league. However having a Match of the Round that contains Moorabbin is laughable. I know they are going through some tough times at the moment but watching them get smashed by 50 goals is doing nothing for showcasing the league.

The majority of games should be Division 1 as this is the best division. In Division 2 and 3 it seems there are a top 3 or 4 sides and then it drops off. I would much rather watch a City vs St Pauls game than a Lyndale vs Moorabbin.

On a difference topic, I watched the latest footy show and the Beena coach stated he doesn't believe in training in the rain. Does anyone else find this strange? I can understand not training in a huge downpour but surely if they are good enough to play in they are good enough to train in.

Jesus guys, I wasnt intending this to be a bagging of the league, there coverage may not be as extensive as last year, or even as good

But there still trying, i spose it was just seeing alternatives, maybe they couldnt afford last years coverage (Which was great), this years is a trial period i would assume, it will get better, i was just comparing it to the only div 3 game i know of this year which was hampton and Sandown??

No big deal though, i say let the SFL go through the trials they need to, give em time, it will become high class in the end

Man In orange, you seem to have some sought of invested interest in this specific topic??? It couldnt be helping the guys from last year reps i wouldve thought, automatically from your comments everyone would assume you are daz or benny, which i am assuming you are not???

Nothing to do with us, we have moved on and so have the league. Make sure you watch this week's draw between Noble Park and Blackburn, a beauty!!!

yeah I didnt mean to put you guys in it, it just seems like a crusade from the man in orange

He clearly absolutley loved your show for the sfl last year!!!!

Pretty sure MIO isn't Daryl or Benny, MadMan.......

Must be hitting close to home SFL HQ to get you sucked in to making a comment. When I came to the league this year I was told this would happen and that would happen but it's been a lot of bull tish. In a lot of areas this comp has failed to deliver and yet go on about how great they are. Believe me the comps I have been involved with in the last 5 years or so are about 20 years ahead of the regressive SFL (=NFI)

I can assure you MadMan that MIO is not Dags or myself. Our third panel member has already refuted his involvement on this forum

The decision to have new voices on the 88.3 FM gave us the chance to take The Local Footy Show on the road to other metro and country comps which we are thoroughly enjoying. So it is onwards and upwards for us

It has been a great experience meeting some terrific people and calling some fantastic footy.

Due to the wider appeal, our audience has increase dramatically which is great for our sponsors. The football clubs love the fact that they are being promoted on free to air TV so it's a win win situation.

MadMan, I must clarify one point "maybe they couldnt afford last years coverage" . We called and covered the SFL matches on 88.3 as volunteers so the inference that it was too expensive is rubbish and those that believe that are ill informed need to open their eyes.

PS One of the hardest jobs in the media is to satify everyone regarding broadcasting the game of the round. Being seen to be fair and to cover as many clubs as possible is the trick. Only at the end of the season can one be judged.

Benny

Fair enough benny, love the newer show

I was unaware of the cost of the old show

Back to my point, i dont think its anyones place on the forum to bag the sfl, with our support they will get better, i reckon anyways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has Rohan Schreier speaking to Cheltenham Senior coach Brett Shalders and Mordialloc Senior coach Aaron Martello in lead up to their Broadcast Match of the Round this weekend (Round 16).

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 10.

Also Round 14 and 15 match of the round video highlights can now be seen by clicking on 'Match Footage'.

Enjoy.

SFL HQ

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has Rohan Schreier speaking to Cheltenham Senior coach Brett Shalders and Mordialloc Senior coach Aaron Martello in lead up to their Broadcast Match of the Round this weekend (Round 16).

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 10.

Also Round 14 and 15 match of the round video highlights can now be seen by clicking on 'Match Footage'.

Enjoy.

SFL HQ

wheres part 2... its got part 1 twice?

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has Rohan Schreier speaking to Chelsea Heights Senior coach Ryan Flack and St Kilda City Senior coach Richard Houston in lead up to their Broadcast Match of the Round this weekend (Round 17).

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 11.

Enjoy.

SFL HQ

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has Rohan Schreier speaking to Hampton Senior coach Tony Pucella and Doveton Eagles Full Forward Ricky Ramsdale in lead up to their Broadcast Match of the Round this weekend (Round 18).

See also the new edition where Wayne Holdsworth speaks to Joel 'Sharpie' Sharp from Holmesglen Tafe.

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 12.

Enjoy.

SFL HQ

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has Rohan Schreier speaking to the Div 2 Qualifying Clubs South Yarra Senior co-coaches Adam Neville and Simon Keating and Oakleigh District Senior coach Andrew Morwood in lead up to their Broadcast Qualifying Final this weekend (Saturday 29 August).

See also the new edition where Wayne Holdsworth speaks to Joel 'Sharpie' Sharp from Holmesglen Tafe.

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 13.

Enjoy.

SFL HQ

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has Rohan Schreier speaking to the Div 2 Qualifying Clubs South Yarra Senior co-coaches Adam Neville and Simon Keating and Oakleigh District Senior coach Andrew Morwood in lead up to their Broadcast Qualifying Final this weekend (Saturday 29 August).

You sure?????

How fascinating!!!!!

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 13.

Enjoy.

SFL HQ

Can't wait!!!

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has the Div 2 2nd Semi Final Clubs - Heatherton Senior Coach John Bennett and South Yarra Assistant Senior Coach Mick Allen. We also have the Div 1 1st Semi Final - Chelsea Heights Senior Coach Ryan Flack and Mordialloc Assistant Senior Coach Mick Deaton.

See also Wayne Holdsorth speak to 'Sharpie' about his predictions for SFL Finals Week 2 and AFL Finals Week 1.

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 14.

Enjoy the massive show.

SFL HQ

Hi all,

This week's episode of the SFL WEB SHOW has the Div 2 2nd Semi Final Clubs - Heatherton Senior Coach John Bennett and South Yarra Assistant Senior Coach Mick Allen. We also have the Div 1 1st Semi Final - Chelsea Heights Senior Coach Ryan Flack and Mordialloc Assistant Senior Coach Mick Deaton.

See also Wayne Holdsorth speak to 'Sharpie' about his predictions for SFL Finals Week 2 and AFL Finals Week 1.

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 14.

Enjoy the massive show.

SFL HQ

Mick Allen ha ha ha ha what a joke

Hi all,

Another massive webshow with people from each club of the two 88.3 SOUTHERN FM broadcast games this weekend. This week we are broadcasting South Yarra v Oakleigh District on Saturday and St Pauls East Bentleigh v Chelsea Heights on Sunday.

On the webshow we have Rohan speaking to Div 2 Preliminary Clubs - South Yarra Player Dave Cannizzo and Oakleigh District Captain Mark Nussbaum and Div 1 Preliminary Clubs - St Pauls East Bentleigh Senior Coach Paul Howroyd and Chelsea Heights Senior Coach Ryan Flack.

See also Dave Cannizzo speak to 'Sharpie' about his predictions for SFL Finals Week 3 and AFL Finals Week 2.

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au and navigate to "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 15.

Enjoy the massive show.

SFL HQ

Hi all,

SFL Grand Final Sunday Radio Show - The AFL's very own Pre-Match entertainment hosting...well kind off! The Grand Final Sunday radio Show is to be broadcast live from the Springvale Ground commencing usual time of 11am. Throughout the hour the hosts will be the AFL's Grand Final Pre-Match entertainers duplicated with 'Mark Seymour' & 'Barnesy' (Stephen Barnes) interviewing SFL dignitaries & personalities, representing all aspects of the competition.

Then at 2.00pm enjoy the call of the 1st Division Grand Final between St Kilda City FC & Chelsea Heights FC from Rohan Schreier & Dave Hampton.

So tune in on Southern FM 88.3.

SFL Grand Final Webshow/Broadcast matches - MASSIVE!

The Grand Final massive web show has all coaches from each club competing in this week's Senior Grand Finals. This week we are broadcasting Heatherton v South Yarra on Saturday and St Kilda City v Chelsea Heights on Sunday.

On the webshow we have Rohan Schreier speaking to:

Div 3 Grand Final Clubs - Skye Senior Coach Corey Stephens and Mt Waverley Senior Coach Brad Collins.
Div 2 Grand Final Clubs - Heatherton Senior Coach John Bennett and South Yarra Senior Co-Coach Adam Neville.
Div 1 Grand Final Clubs - St Kilda City Senior Coach Richard Houston and Chelsea Heights Senior Coach Ryan Flack.

See also Dave Cannizzo and Rohan Schreier summarise the fantastic year and Wayne Holdsworth speak to 'Sharpie' about his predictions for SFL Grand Finals and AFL Preliminary Finals.

Enjoy the massive show.

To view the show go to www.sfl.com.au "Media" (up the top) then SFL Show - Episode 16.

Live Streaming of 88.3 Southern FM

Broadcast matches begin from 2:00pm Saturday and Sunday live on 88.3 Southern FM. Visit the SFL website Saturday and Sunday for streaming of our broadcast match of the day and SFL Sunday show. If you have friends or relatives out of the broadcast area of Radio 88.3 Southern FM, interstate, overseas or even just sitting at home on the computer, people can tune in Saturday and Sunday. Visit www.sfl.com.au and click on the link on the right 'Listen Live to 88.3 Southern FM'.

Also 2nd Division - Second Semi Final Heatherton v South Yarra highlights video can now be seen by going to www.sfl.com.au and navigating to 'Media' tab and clicking 'Match Footage'.

Cheers and enjoy.

SFL HQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back