Multiplat Sniper Elite V2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd warn to stay well away.

Rebellion haven't made a good game for years and years now and 505 Games are the same in terms of publishing.

Rebellion's track record this gen is Rogue Warrior (considered one of the worst games ever), Shellshock 2 (considered to be terrible), Aliens Vs Predators (considered 'ok' but not a blip compared to the originals) and NeverDead (also considered disgraceful).

I'd say you should at least wait for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, at least that thing is being built on a super gorgeous engine.

Rebellion haven't made a good game for years and years now and 505 Games are the same in terms of publishing.

Rebellion's track record this gen is Rogue Warrior (considered one of the worst games ever), Shellshock 2 (considered to be terrible), Aliens Vs Predators (considered 'ok' but not a blip compared to the originals) and NeverDead (also considered disgraceful).

I'd say you should at least wait for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, at least that thing is being built on a super gorgeous engine.

yeah I heard that...but all developers have breakout games and by all reports this game looks promising...if not the good old EB 7 day return policy will come into effect ;)

I've watched gameplay of the demo and from what I've seen, it looks just like the 1st one but better. I'm not expecting an Uncharted experience but it looks good so far.

If it's like the 1st one but with better graphics, this game should be good enough to buy. Especially if it has co-op.

Sniper Elite on the PS2 is probably the best co-op experience I've ever had.

I don't know what you guys want out of the game, but phew, that demo is a stinking hot mess!

Graphically awful, the draw distance is terrible and anything beyond about 20 metres jitters like a bitch, making it incredibly hard to pick out what an enemy is and isn't.

The AI is beyond dumb, running out into the open constantly, knowing your location instantly from you stepping on an ant...although at one point in the demo I accidentally walked right up to a guy sitting in a chair looking right at me...and he didn't notice me or at least try and shoot me despite me holding a pistol to his head from 2 metres away.

Sound is weird, the guns sound OK. But then you have footsteps that sound way over the top despite just jogging on regular surface.

The gameplay also feels far too actiony, I don't know what Sniper Elite was like, but there's too many enemies to take down with your sniper rifle and often you're resorting to the SMG or Pistol (there's too much close up combat for sure). Seems to be against the 'SNIPER' part of the title. I was expecting situationals, similar to a Hitman game where you have several ways of attacking a target, but it's just kind of linear lame progression. Almost a COD-lite type of thing but with a sniper more than that game.

The follow the bullet sniper shots and x-ray vision thing is decent, but it's been done before.

I didn't go in expecting much, as I said, Rebellion do not have a good track record of late. And I got basically what I expected tbh.

The biggest qualm I had was with the AI, as you said, very stupid. was in a pistol fight with one guy, and he just turned his back to me and stood there. Managed to throw a rock at him which got his attention.

edit: gonna give it another shot tomorrow as I think it has some potential. I didn't really do it properly. i might hide a mine under a dead body or something and see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't like the vital organ kill cam's after every shot, hopefully you can turn that crap off.

It's not after every kill thankfully, but yeah I hope you would be able to turn it off. It looks ok though, they put some detail into it, i even saw testicles at one stage.

Downloaded the demo the other day and wasn't impressed, might give this one a miss.

i don't like the vital organ kill cam's after every shot, hopefully you can turn that crap off.
As Gimpy said it's not every shot, but it doesn't get old fast.

It's cool the first few times, but then it's just like, 'yeah, get it over with'.

I don't know what you guys want out of the game, but phew, that demo is a stinking hot mess!

Graphically awful, the draw distance is terrible and anything beyond about 20 metres jitters like a bitch, making it incredibly hard to pick out what an enemy is and isn't.

The AI is beyond dumb, running out into the open constantly, knowing your location instantly from you stepping on an ant...although at one point in the demo I accidentally walked right up to a guy sitting in a chair looking right at me...and he didn't notice me or at least try and shoot me despite me holding a pistol to his head from 2 metres away.

Sound is weird, the guns sound OK. But then you have footsteps that sound way over the top despite just jogging on regular surface.

The gameplay also feels far too actiony, I don't know what Sniper Elite was like, but there's too many enemies to take down with your sniper rifle and often you're resorting to the SMG or Pistol (there's too much close up combat for sure). Seems to be against the 'SNIPER' part of the title. I was expecting situationals, similar to a Hitman game where you have several ways of attacking a target, but it's just kind of linear lame progression. Almost a COD-lite type of thing but with a sniper more than that game.

The follow the bullet sniper shots and x-ray vision thing is decent, but it's been done before.

I didn't go in expecting much, as I said, Rebellion do not have a good track record of late. And I got basically what I expected tbh.

Mmm...doesnt sound good. Sounds like i will be using eb's 7 day return policy and placing it on ghost recon future soldier.

I will still give it a crap...but my excitement is starting to wane

Maybe those issues in demo are from an early build? If they're fixed in the full game I'll still get it, might wait for reviews.
The likely things that could be fixed from an early build aren't things that made the demo poor. The AI is specifically the big sticking point and if AI is bad pre-release, it's generally gonna be the same post-release.
HBK talking a lot of sense in this thread... :thumbsu:
Like every thread.;)

the bullet time of the sniper shots in that clip turned me off it big time after seeing it happen 3 or so times in quick succession. once or twice every mission just for the perfect shots for effect is cool but seems way ott how it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back