flggr Sookmond threatens to take their footy and leave home (warning for Easily Triggered Tiger Petals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway the Mighty Tigers prevail yet again

Tigers’ plan to tear down historic Punt Road stand gets thumbs up from council

The council voted unanimously to recommend Richmond’s proposed redevelopment to Wynne who has the final decision because the redevelopment requires a planning scheme amendment.

“This development really represents the future,” Lord Mayor Sally Capp told the meeting.
“Do we keep an empty grandstand as a monument to the history of the ground or do we allow it to be developed, so it can continue to serve the community as a vital, living sports ground?” he said.
“If the MCG had frozen development in 1913 it would not be the incredible sports stadium it is today,” he said. “In a similar way, Punt Road needs to be able to evolve, so it can continue to serve the Richmond Football Club and the broader community.”

Some sense at last.

Anyway the Mighty Tigers prevail yet again

Tigers’ plan to tear down historic Punt Road stand gets thumbs up from council

The council voted unanimously to recommend Richmond’s proposed redevelopment to Wynne who has the final decision because the redevelopment requires a planning scheme amendment.

“This development really represents the future,” Lord Mayor Sally Capp told the meeting.
“Do we keep an empty grandstand as a monument to the history of the ground or do we allow it to be developed, so it can continue to serve the community as a vital, living sports ground?” he said.
“If the MCG had frozen development in 1913 it would not be the incredible sports stadium it is today,” he said. “In a similar way, Punt Road needs to be able to evolve, so it can continue to serve the Richmond Football Club and the broader community.”

Some sense at last.

Disgusting and Jack Dyer will be turning in his grave.

Disgusting and Jack Dyer will be turning in his grave.
Jack Dyer would be all for it, it has only been known as that for 26 years.

We can always name another stand after him, maybe we can rename the drop punt "The Dyer" in honour of his greatness?

This will just make us bigger and better than we already are, scary for the rest of you.

This is what we are pulling down, what great historic value, current capacity owing to safety, or lack of, is 20 people :rolleyes:
c517b24018ebc03e918d3a69f9ed31c2

All we need to keep is this bit
images

We can send the rest across to Princes Park if your looking for a "slightly used" stand, no cost we know you guys are struggling a bit?

Cant help but feel most the flogs in here care more about what Richmond does than anything related to their own teams. Pathetic from the minnows, racists and cheats.

Jack Dyer would be all for it, it has only been known as that for 26 years.

We can always name another stand after him, maybe we can rename the drop punt "The Dyer" in honour of his greatness?

This will just make us bigger and better than we already are, scary for the rest of you.

This is what we are pulling down, what great historic value, current capacity owing to safety, or lack of, is 20 people :rolleyes:
c517b24018ebc03e918d3a69f9ed31c2

All we need to keep is this bit
images

We can send the rest across to Princes Park if your looking for a "slightly used" stand, no cost we know you guys are struggling a bit?

Pathetic. Disgraceful.

Pathetic. Disgraceful.
So are you, oh sorry I meant, no your are....a hypocrite that is.

In January 2006, Graham Smorgon, then-president of the Carlton Football Club, announced a A$67 million redevelopment proposal involving the demolition of most of the stands, returning much of the ground to parkland and the establishment of club training facilities and community centre

show_image.php

Poor Robert Heatley must be rolling in his grave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong need a new stand to stop that shite smelling wind putting Tomahawk off his kicking for goal and as they've played such a big part in our success maybe we could send the JDS over to them?
We are getting one .... on the taxpayers dime no less. Cheers for your contribution Postcodes

We are getting one .... on the taxpayers dime no less. Cheers for your contribution Postcodes
Hey Bivalves, I just thought that while your waiting to drag more money from the poor Vic tax payers maybe the old JDS would work for the Cats as a fill in, its limited to 20 people these days so will probably only be useful for Geelong after half time but waste not want not.

I did noticed Hawkins was totally mind f@cked by that s**t smelling wind blowing down through where the old Ford stand used to be, he was asking a teammate what that horrible smell was, I've heard the answer was "its just Geelong, mate."

Hey Bivalves, I just thought that while your waiting to drag more money from the poor Vic tax payers maybe the old JDS would work for the Cats as a fill in, its limited to 20 people these days so will probably only be useful for Geelong after half time but waste not want not.

I did noticed Hawkins was totally mind f@cked by that s**t smelling wind blowing down through where the old Ford stand used to be, he was asking a teammate what that horrible smell was, I've heard the answer was "its just Geelong, mate."
Only kidding Postcodes... I know you're not a taxpayer

PS: Bivalves... :thumbsu:

The bit where you pretend Richmond didn’t move to the MCG 35 years before Collingwood, duh
I just answered a question you asked about when we last played a VFL game at Punt Rd?
As for moving to the G, of course we moved before Collingwood, the biggest club needed the biggest ground for its future record membership numbers, as usual your club followed us, same as you do these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back