Flat Track Bully

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2005
Nowhere near you
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Well done to the South Barwon footy club on winning their 2nd GFL premiership, with a 21 point win over Newtown & Chilwell.

Also great to the see the Eagles back in the hunt after so much misery in the last 14 years...

I never knew that South Barwon were a merged entity! Who are the merger partners that make up South Barwon?

crudbucket said:
Barwon & Belmont

Footy at the old Highton Reserve back in those days for the Barwon Bulldogs in the GFL, home of the Nankervis brothers'...

Belmont were the Blues and played in the GDFL at McDonald Reserve...

Was actaully the second local merger in two years following the alliance of Geelong West and St.Peter's....

Now why did St.Leonards' convince Portarlington to make it a long standing arrangement?

Flat Track Bully said:
Footy at the old Highton Reserve back in those days for the Barwon Bulldogs in the GFL, home of the Nankervis brothers'...
As it happens i was actually sitting next to Bruce Nankervis for the game, and he was very happy that South Barwon had won, good to see old Barwon players supporting South.

i was at the Barwon Club last night and the SB boys were there still off their nuts.

The South Barwon netballers must have won too because they were there with medals round their necks and i must say they are the hottest looking netball team iv'e ever seen!

Speaking of West Saints i played for St Peters and then West Saints and iv'e heard a rumour they might be trying to merge with Blue West.

Not sure what this would do for West Saints though in improving their list.

I doubt West Saints would merge with Blue West, there is nothing to be gained really especially by Red West. Blue West are going ok i think they would stay as is.

tayls said:
I doubt West Saints would merge with Blue West, there is nothing to be gained really especially by Red West. Blue West are going ok i think they would stay as is.

I would have thought it was more of a trying to get traditional geelong west support behind the suburb by having the 2 teams combine.

Kevin Hannan alluded to some big changes down there when he take over as president so i guess time will tell what his plans are.

AndSmithMustScore said:
I would have thought it was more of a trying to get traditional geelong west support behind the suburb by having the 2 teams combine.

Kevin Hannan alluded to some big changes down there when he take over as president so i guess time will tell what his plans are.

Great to here the terms red west and blue west being used again...

Now if only we could get Joe Radojevic back in the goal square for the Roosters...

ben.carbonaro said:
One of our players at Werribee was over the moon to see his original club win the GFL premiership, still has a lot of mates that play done there.
That better not be Rauy. His brother played for sth barwon, his original club is geelong amateurs not sth barwon. Top fella young rauy.

AndSmithMustScore said:
i was at the Barwon Club last night and the SB boys were there still off their nuts.

The South Barwon netballers must have won too because they were there with medals round their necks and i must say they are the hottest looking netball team iv'e ever seen!

Speaking of West Saints i played for St Peters and then West Saints and iv'e heard a rumour they might be trying to merge with Blue West.

Not sure what this would do for West Saints though in improving their list.

Is that you Johnny Pickering or "Jock" Evans?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back