South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out from last weeks Senior side was coach Jaron Quinlivan with a broken hand , full forward Chris Baksh and half forward John Lyness , in was assistant coach Rowan Clark , Shannon Curran and Adam Spencer.

In fairness Coleraine would seem to have a few missing and were below their normal best.

Tyrendarra still missing Brady Meek , Andrew Morton , John Faure , Mick Sutton , Graham Duffy and Tim Bryant , all regular senior players from previous seasons. It still is early so we will wait and see how season 2011 evolves.

Looking forward to this weekends clasy between Dartmoor and Westerns.

Very very easy win for Darty on the weekend. Where 10 goals in front before Sandford scored.

Second quarter was a little more interesting as Sandford kicked 4 goals to 2 to at least make the first half a contest and give some thoughts to a competitive game.

However the second half was all one way traffic. With Dartmoor kicking 17.9 to just 5 points after the main break. Jason McCrae bagged a lazy 14, and has 22 in the first 2 weeks.

First 2 games where fairl easy, will really see where Dartmoor are at against Westerns this week.

All very good games this week, besides Sandford-Branxholme...
anyone surprised as I was with the results?

-A few lead changes at Cavendish with the darra's coming back to win
-Pretty close game all day between Darty and the Westerns
-And an upset (?) with Meres over Coleraine?

All clubs have full strength teams??

hey gys can anyone tell me what andrew cameron is doing these days?????? who are the best ruckman these days in the league

There is no interleague again this year as no agreement could be made with the Mid South East League , so we have a week off for the June long weekend. The South West League travelled to Heatherleigh in 2009 but we have not played interleague since.

so there is a week off in June, what about the 28th of May? I don't think there is a game then unless I misread the draw.

Great game today at Dartmoor where the Darty swans raised the bar for 2011 comfortably beating Tyrendarra in the annual Owen Outtram Shield game. I actually thought Tyrendarra played quite well but Dartmoor were bigger , stronger and quicker all over the ground and outnumbered the Darras at most contests. The game was played in great spirits with a good relationship between both clubs continuing. Full credit to Darty as it wasn,t that long ago that a lack of players and success was a concern but they are now the team to beat in the senior grade. We look forward to the rematch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game today at Dartmoor where the Darty swans raised the bar for 2011 comfortably beating Tyrendarra in the annual Owen Outtram Shield game. I actually thought Tyrendarra played quite well but Dartmoor were bigger , stronger and quicker all over the ground and outnumbered the Darras at most contests. The game was played in great spirits with a good relationship between both clubs continuing. Full credit to Darty as it wasn,t that long ago that a lack of players and success was a concern but they are now the team to beat in the senior grade. We look forward to the rematch

Was a pretty good game. However it was all over by halftime with the Swans 46 points up. Was also pleasing to see Dartmoors goals being well shared around and not depending on one or two players to get the job done.

Was sad to see Kane Templeton go down to what appeared a serious knee injury. If it is serious ill be interesting to see how Dartmoor overcome his loss as he is a very important player in the middle of the ground.

It was a fantastic win by the Meres over the Darty Swans on the weekend. Tyrendarra are looking forward to playing Westerns at Alexandra Park on Saturday. The match up between Ben Foster and Dean Mitchell is worth the $7 admission price alone. Hoping the weather is fine and the expected huge crowd witness a fast paced game of attacking football , the re-match of the nail biting preliminary final. Reserves game will be exiting too.

It was a fantastic win by the Meres over the Darty Swans on the weekend. Tyrendarra are looking forward to playing Westerns at Alexandra Park on Saturday. The match up between Ben Foster and Dean Mitchell is worth the $7 admission price alone. Hoping the weather is fine and the expected huge crowd witness a fast paced game of attacking football , the re-match of the nail biting preliminary final. Reserves game will be exiting too.

I agree. Saturday's match has all the ingredients to be a blockbuster! Hope it's a great day weather wise and it's life member and sponsors day for Westerns so there should be plenty of home ground support!

new to this, great to see, saturdays game will be cracker.. darras would have to be favourites going in..

foster and mitchell will be great, foster obviously a much improved player taking the big step this year. Mitchell is a freak and has been in great form..

An absolute brilliant game at Westerns today. Yes , the Dean Mitchell V Ben Foster battle was fantastic. Dean kicked 8 out of Westerns 12 goals and was in fantastic form yet Big Ben played his heart out and was so solid for the Darras. In all my time in the South West since 1987 this game today sits most likely as the best , fastest , skillful and attacking game of SW football yet. A huge crowd as expected beatiful weather and a good venue. Great to see both clubs honour the dedication of the bar to Percy Compton after the senior game , to see the Tyrendarra players wait for the Westerns players and have captains Tim Frost and Dan Andrew walk their teams together to the ceremony is what community team sport is all about and shows the respect both clubs have for each other. Coleraine boys beating Dartmoor and Sandford getting it,s first win all making 2011 exciting. Now that we have all played each other gives us an idea of how we are all travelling. Coleraine V Tyrendarra next week wiil be another blockbuster. Will watch the interleague junior carnival tommorrow at Hamilton to see the next batch of South West players. I honestly believe that our league is in great shape and will be interested to see if any changes are to be considered with the review following the vcfl CEO departure.

wondering with the talk about heywood coming down to the south west wondering what peoples views of combining the portland junior comp into the south west league. a similliar set up to what is run in the warrnambool district league. have under 12's, 14's and under 17's? colraine, heathmere and heywood already have aligned junior comps, tyrendarra has strong ties to north portland and central and westerns share facilities with west portland?? thoughts and would it work?

No question that it would take heaps of work to get a junior SW comp included, but it would defiantly be worth it. Other leagues make it work and although there would be negatives from it for the WB I'm sure the positives would outweigh...

Seeing as there's no interleague this year, how does everyone reckon a North-South challenge game would go down? (hypothetically), Cavendish, Coleraine, Sandford and Banx-Wall VS Dartmoor, Heathmere, Westerns and Tyrendarra.
South looks the stronger team immediately but does anyone think it could work, or go one step further and throw a team together??

An absolute brilliant game at Westerns today. Yes , the Dean Mitchell V Ben Foster battle was fantastic. Dean kicked 8 out of Westerns 12 goals and was in fantastic form yet Big Ben played his heart out and was so solid for the Darras. In all my time in the South West since 1987 this game today sits most likely as the best , fastest , skillful and attacking game of SW football yet. A huge crowd as expected beatiful weather and a good venue. Great to see both clubs honour the dedication of the bar to Percy Compton after the senior game , to see the Tyrendarra players wait for the Westerns players and have captains Tim Frost and Dan Andrew walk their teams together to the ceremony is what community team sport is all about and shows the respect both clubs have for each other. Coleraine boys beating Dartmoor and Sandford getting it,s first win all making 2011 exciting. Now that we have all played each other gives us an idea of how we are all travelling. Coleraine V Tyrendarra next week wiil be another blockbuster. Will watch the interleague junior carnival tommorrow at Hamilton to see the next batch of South West players. I honestly believe that our league is in great shape and will be interested to see if any changes are to be considered with the review following the vcfl CEO departure.

Agreed great game to be involved in, the 2 full fowards really put on a great show for the crowd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back