NCAA Southeastern Conference [SEC]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this goes in the SEC thread or the Coaching carousel thread.

Report: Arkansas Razorbacks make offer to LSU Coach Les Miles

http://espn.go.com/college-football...r-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-according-report

Arkansas has made a head-coaching offer to LSU's Les Miles, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports, citing a source. The Razorbacks offered five years, $27.5 million, according to the paper.
"They made a serious offer," a source told the newspaper. "(Athletic director) Joe (Alleva) is meeting with (Miles') agent and the discussion is ongoing."

I don't see the Mad-Hatter leaving Baton Rouge, as he's building quite a legacy down there. Arkansas is a great program as well, but it's probably much easier to bring recruits to LSU than it is to Arkansas. I do know that Jerry Jones is a big Arkansas financial booster, and if it comes down to money, then Miles might hop one state north. But I'd be surprised if it winds up happening. He turned down his dream job at Michigan in 2007, so I don't see why he would go to Fayetteville unless the $$$ amount is ridiculous.

Could go either thread, I guess- I started the coaching thread ebcause right now we only have two dedicated conference discussion threads- SEC and PAC 12.

LSU has apparently given Miles an extension and a raise, so sayonara to the possibility of him becoming a Hog.Hey, I don't think i'd elave LSU, either- he has a built in recruiting edge in Louisiana right off the bat, and with the programme as it has been the last few eyars, he'll keep getting the top guys.

SEC title game news fairly quiet today- Aaron murray is refusing to talk to the press this week. Could be because of his woeful record against ranked opponents.

Well, a fantastic championship game, for which there can be very little controversy. Both teams had their opportunities and so many plays could have gone one way or the other, which could have shifted the balance in the game.

Full marks to Alabama on a fine win, fully deserving of going to miami to take on the Irish. If their O-line blows holes in the Irish like they did on Georgia, Mr. kelly will have along night on the sidelines. Also some credit to Saban for his remarks after the game. He gave full credit to Georgia for their play and repeated his earlier comment that the loser really deserved to be in a BCS Bowl.

So we now wait for the bowl breakdowns, and fans will be looking to book airline tickets.

Let's not forget that this is also a big time for recruiting. Signing day is about two months away, and there are still a number of top recuits that have either not committed or are wavering on their verbal commitments. The teams without coaches really need to get them lined up ASAP so that they can be talking to these kids.

Let's not forget that this is also a big time for recruiting. Signing day is about two months away, and there are still a number of top recuits that have either not committed or are wavering on their verbal commitments. The teams without coaches really need to get them lined up ASAP so that they can be talking to these kids.

some of the top recruits announce their decisions at the allstar games, last year Noor Davis and Barry Sanders Jr announced they are going to stanford at the all star games. and ESPN always brag they have about 10 announcements for the Under Armor All American game

This is the time of year when juniors declare for the draft or decide to stay for their final year. I think they have another week to decide.

LSU has had around ten guys declare for the draft, Georgia has lost a couple of starters on defence, florida a couple of their big guys on D- I'll go looking for names.

On the other hand, Aaron Murray has decided to come back for a fourth year at UGA- should set most of the georgia passing records.

Not sure if this is the best thread for it but did anyone see the ESPN SEC docu on Hershel Walker?

The bloke was a college legend helping Georgia to a national title in his freshman year then 2 near misses following this. Won a Heisman, would have won another but turned pro early going to the USFL and dominating early on in his career, then when ithe USFL folded, he went to Dallas, then got involved in the biggest trade ever to Minnesota and then his career peated out...

When you include his pro stats from the USFL and NFL together they are pretty remarkable yet he doesn't have the same aura as many other RB's...you wonder if had stayed at Georgia for his senior year he would have won another Heisman (barring injury), went to the NFL instead, he may have been remembered slightly differently.

In fact Hershel could have won 4 Heismans as he believes his freshman year was his best year but they didn't like giving Heismans to freshman in those days! He has been voted the 2nd or 3rd best player to ever play college footy. - watching his highlights you could see why, in his first ever college game against Tennessee he ran straight over the top of 2 defenders and scored a TD!

BGp__5kCYAAtq3w.jpg

Love it from Coach Petersen's protege :thumbsu: :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Colorado, Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, West Virginia and Wisconsin, the #1 rated Quarterback in the next recruiting class, Kyle Allen has committed to Texas A&M.

Nice replacement if Manziel declares at years end.

BGp__5kCYAAtq3w.jpg

Love it from Coach Petersen's protege :thumbsu: :)
Jeff Driskell was drafted by the Red Sox in the 29th round and apparently hasn't played baseball since high school. I think he said he'll return to play football this season (and maybe get beaten bu Georgia :D)

With offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Colorado, Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, West Virginia and Wisconsin, the #1 rated Quarterback in the next recruiting class, Kyle Allen has committed to Texas A&M.

Nice replacement if Manziel declares at years end.

He will

His protection is in the NFL now.
I expect him to be running around in that backfield like a headless chook.
I foresee a shithouse season for him and A&M, meaning going pro will be stupid.

His protection is in the NFL now.
I expect him to be running around in that backfield like a headless chook.
I foresee a shithouse season for him and A&M, meaning going pro will be stupid.
Jake Matthews can play

What do we reckon the chances are that Clowney wins the Heisman.

I'm tempted to throw a little down.

If AJ throws more and they win again his achievements will be hard to look past. Bridgewater is also a gun.

Can't see Johnny dumbass doing it again

Clowney would be the early favourite, but there will generally be 1 or 2 players who play great out of no where (eg. RGIII) who steals the award.

You need to find the players who are there abouts, have the tools and might dominate opponents and hope like hell they do and become that great player.

Someone like Tajh Boyd or Jay Ajayi. It's these types who will come out of no where and win the Heisman.

Clowney would be the early favourite, but there will generally be 1 or 2 players who play great out of no where (eg. RGIII) who steals the award.

You need to find the players who are there abouts, have the tools and might dominate opponents and hope like hell they do and become that great player.

Someone like Tajh Boyd or Jay Ajayi. It's these types who will come out of no where and win the Heisman.
I was thinking Boyd.

Clowney is @15 though

As of right now, Clowney would look logical. By far and away the best player currently.
But players generally win this award out of no where.

Manziel - Outside of Texas who even knew of this kid going into 2012?
Scam Newton - Who could envision anything big before his winning season in 2010?
RGIII - Came off a good but not great season but before this season Kellen Moore was deemed a greater threat than RGIII!

Also, if N'Damukong Suh couldn't win the Heisman, I doubt a defensive player could again unless they were a KR/PR.
There have only ever been 4 defensive winners. 3 were before even my dad was born.
The other one was Charles Woodson who decimated the opposition in the kick return game.

Clowney is a great player, but unfortunately for him, he's not flashy enough to win the Heisman. Marqise Lee would be a better chance of winning it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back