Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely they’re not keeping the current roster and having byes when they play Hobart? With eight senior teams now, it’s the perfect chance to have no byes at all.

Claremont Player Signings
Claremont confirm they've signed Dylan Huxley, Kobey Phillips and Jye County.

It's good to see Jye back in the SFL though, always liked him.

Heard Hobart have suddenly got enough for almost two sides on the track. Good luck keeping those that miss out on a game early interested enough to hang around.

Obviously there’s some there that are attracted to being big fish in the little reserves pond, who weren’t interested in playing senior football when the club put out the SOS. Apparently Perry’s appointment has attracted quite a number of players to the club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously there’s some there that are attracted to being big fish in the little reserves pond, who weren’t interested in plying senior football when the club put out the SOS. Apparently Perry’s appointment has attracted quite a number of players to the club.
Yerp same sorts that were attracted to play in an under 19s comp as top age 19s that was largely against 16 year olds.

Obviously there’s some there that are attracted to being big fish in the little reserves pond, who weren’t interested in playing senior football when the club put out the SOS. Apparently Perry’s appointment has attracted quite a number of players to the club.
Yes some of the players that have come to the club are way too good to play reserves football. I’m getting a bit suspicious about this as it appears Hobart are loading up to dominate the reserve’s competition. I am aware they only need a few more numbers and would be able to field 2 sides. It’s not a great thing to have guys missing out each week as they walk away from the game potentially. The appointment of Perry as coach has been a good one and the response compared to when Huxley was appointed has been significantly different. Perhaps they should look at appointing Perry and reconsidering the situation which has improved markedly after the resignation of Gilmour and mass walk out.

Well I can see why suddenly there’s more positivity among players at the TCA - if you’re keen to win football games, playing against New Norfolk and Claremont reserves would be a a darn sight more appealing than playing against Thor Boscott, Josh Green and the like.

It’s actually turned farcical. You can’t tel me Hobart would be worse then Claremont we’re a couple years ago or Richmond+st Virgils have been in the OS or even potentially New Norfolk this year.

Yes some of the players that have come to the club are way too good to play reserves football. I’m getting a bit suspicious about this as it appears Hobart are loading up to dominate the reserve’s competition. I am aware they only need a few more numbers and would be able to field 2 sides. It’s not a great thing to have guys missing out each week as they walk away from the game potentially. The appointment of Perry as coach has been a good one and the response compared to when Huxley was appointed has been significantly different. Perhaps they should look at appointing Perry and reconsidering the situation which has improved markedly after the resignation of Gilmour and mass walk out.
I remember Perry being popular around the club when he was coaching the colts, so I am not at all surprised that the response was a lot different. Shame for Hux though, guys a pretty good bloke thought he would've been a popular choice to get some people back in and amongst it.

I remember Perry being popular around the club when he was coaching the colts, so I am not at all surprised that the response was a lot different. Shame for Hux though, guys a pretty good bloke thought he would've been a popular choice to get some people back in and amongst it.
He made the mistake of asking people to come back to play seniors.

It’s actually turned farcical. You can’t tel me Hobart would be worse then Claremont we’re a couple years ago or Richmond+st Virgils have been in the OS or even potentially New Norfolk this year.

I think this fb post by a young fella who was playing for Claremont during this time summed it up, pretty much knew they where going to get mauled each week but did it for the love of the club and to keep the club going. Would be good to see Hobart do the same if possible, I’m hearing NN are playing there colts side as there reserves side this season so they get two sides on the park each week

IMG_7178.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jackson is very well spoken, I've seen many of his posts even after someone who I know fat shamed the poor guy. He handled himself very well in the situation as well, His posts during the rough times of Claremont the last couple of years were very good and always humble and respectful. I've got a lot of time for the guy.

41 players pictured at the Hobart jumper presentation last night. What’s the deal they’re planning to leave 15-20 blokes out each week. What an absolute disgrace. SFL should step in and make em field a senior side.
The laughing stock of the SFL

41 players pictured at the Hobart jumper presentation last night. What’s the deal they’re planning to leave 15-20 blokes out each week. What an absolute disgrace. SFL should step in and make em field a senior side.
The laughing stock of the SFL
Perhaps they should have played all 41 😮

Heard they also left out a young fella that had been there since day one of pre season in favor of others that rocked up in the last few weeks

Culture 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back