Souvlakis

Remove this Banner Ad

PortMelbFan

Draftee
Apr 17, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Souvlakis.

Just brilliant making your way home on a Friday night with a ripper Lamb Souva. Last night was Stalactites. Some of the best **** money can buy. Double Lamb with extra garlic sauce, $9. Sensational.

What are the best places in Melbourne for a good lamb souva?

My local Fish and Chip shop does a nice number for $6, but no patch on Stalactites.

Discuss!

Haci's Kebab Van.... the adrenaline rush of not knowing whether or not you'll wake up the next day is the selling point, for mine.

Going back a few years, Zorba's on Sydney Rd, Coburg was fantastic. I lived out that way 1993-94 and it was a staple for me and my mates. One souv was never enough, two was too many!

Is it still around?

The local Greek Orthodox church (Nanuet, New York) had a Greek Fest a few weeks ago that served up some great Soulvakis, Gyros, and other Greek stuff that tasted so great. I know there are plenty of Greek take aways (take outs to the Americans) in Melbun. Anybody have a copy of Acropolypse Now on DVD?

The Charcoal Chicken in Huntingdale make the best souvlakis I have ever tasted in my life. All other souvlakis I try are rigorously compared to these, but inevitably they come up short in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back