Spotless v Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba21

Team Captain
Suspended
Feb 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just wondering what is better? For the people who have had the chance to watch games at both grounds. Both look the same on TV is there any differences?

I would also say Metricon. The designs are very similar with one of the goal ends being completely open and a big screen directly behind the goals. The problem IMO is that an open design is better suited to a warmer climate and west Sydney can get very cold in Winter. I've been to games at Etihad in the middle of Winter where I'm directly in the line of a wind tunnel and it's unbearable. Similarly, the weather can be very unforgiving at Spotless over the Winter months. It virtually never gets to a point where it's too cold on the Gold Coast so the open design is better suited to their climate. The seating at Spotless is also further away from the action because it was originally a baseball stadium, which also means the ground has an abnormal shape. Metricon is a perfect oval shape.

The outside activities at Metricon are better. There is a public oval (with posts) right next to the stadium that can be used by the public at any time during a match so that is particularly appealing. However, Spotless does have its own Subway so that has to count for something... I still give it to Metricon.

I have been to both, both are modern with great facilities. Would say they are about equal, although spotless has a gigantic screen.

I've been to both.

The sun at both is annoying. In terms of viewing they're pretty similar. Would recommend going to both if you have the opportunity. Pretty much able to sit anywhere.
That is a great point, the sun was extremely annoying pre match when i went to Metricon. It was a 4:40 match though, so by the time the game started it was alright. I had no such problem at Spotless, although it would obviously depend on the day

The close to the action "small" stadiums are great. Both are awesome to watch the game.
Love Spotless, but yes there is a massive problem with there only being one pub nearby and the bloody thing closes at Sundown.

That's awful. Where do people go after a match?

Both have no post match pub within stumbling distance.
Personally would have preferred they developed Blacktown rather than the sydney showground. Sydney Olympic park is a soul less concrete jungle...unless its full to the brim!

Both have no post match pub within stumbling distance.
Personally would have preferred they developed Blacktown rather than the sydney showground. Sydney Olympic park is a soul less concrete jungle...unless its full to the brim!
Spotless as a ground is fine. Great even. Just need those pubs restraunts etc that have been promised since 98 to come about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back