XBX Starfield

Remove this Banner Ad

No DLSS is not a good sign

Not uncommon with AMD sponsored games unfortunately and they've been really coy on why. Some believe that it's in the terms for AMD endorsement that you can't advertise rival tech, while NVIDIA's terms are only you have to advertise their logo if using their tech but they don't mind if you include rival tech (look at NVIDIA sponsored games like Baldur's Gate 3, Diablo 4 and Cyberpunk for example). Meaning these terms aren't compatible with AMD sponsorship but they are for NVIDIA. This sucks because it not only excludes DLSS but also stuff like DLAA and the full suite of NVIDIA features. Not much about what tech being used is known at all but I did come across the Steamdeck recommended settings and it mentioned FSR 2.2 and TAA. I don't think I've tried anything with FSR 2.2 so hopefully it's better than previous versions, and I'd rather no AA than having only TAA as an option.

This can be trivial and might sound like nitpicking though if the game runs well but I think PC players are right to be cautious given the track record of recent AMD sponsored games. It's just a shame that it looks like review codes have only gone out for Xbox. I don't see why these sorts of things have to be shrouded in mystery until launch unless we're facing another Callisto Protocol, Jedi Survivor et al instance.

I read a news article yesterday saying that the current version of Starfield that's being preloaded is v1.6. So it is past 1.0 and getting patched up. The article wrote like this was amazing and how polished Starfield is going to be at launch. All I could think of was how bad must the current state of gaming be that a complete and functional game at launch is considered news lol.

Not uncommon with AMD sponsored games unfortunately and they've been really coy on why. Some believe that it's in the terms for AMD endorsement that you can't advertise rival tech, while NVIDIA's terms are only you have to advertise their logo if using their tech but they don't mind if you include rival tech (look at NVIDIA sponsored games like Baldur's Gate 3, Diablo 4 and Cyberpunk for example). Meaning these terms aren't compatible with AMD sponsorship but they are for NVIDIA. This sucks because it not only excludes DLSS but also stuff like DLAA and the full suite of NVIDIA features. Not much about what tech being used is known at all but I did come across the Steamdeck recommended settings and it mentioned FSR 2.2 and TAA. I don't think I've tried anything with FSR 2.2 so hopefully it's better than previous versions, and I'd rather no AA than having only TAA as an option.

This can be trivial and might sound like nitpicking though if the game runs well but I think PC players are right to be cautious given the track record of recent AMD sponsored games. It's just a shame that it looks like review codes have only gone out for Xbox. I don't see why these sorts of things have to be shrouded in mystery until launch unless we're facing another Callisto Protocol, Jedi Survivor et al instance.

I read a news article yesterday saying that the current version of Starfield that's being preloaded is v1.6. So it is past 1.0 and getting patched up. The article wrote like this was amazing and how polished Starfield is going to be at launch. All I could think of was how bad must the current state of gaming be that a complete and functional game at launch is considered news lol.

There's a quote attributed to Shigeru Miyamoto, "a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad", or words to that effect. I'm guessing he said it during the NES/SNES era, where once the cart was released, that's it. The shift to digital delivery (which I like due to saving on physical storage) seems to have encouraged a mindset of allowing the punters to find the issues and have the matter dealt with reactively, rather than proactively.

Apparently leaks are out en mass so stay offline if you wanna play

I just want the classic Bethesda bugs, if I don't get the bugs I got playing Fallout 4 then it wouldn't be as fun

Without spoilers (as I am avoiding leaks) is what you've seen positive?

it's hard to tell what it's like from the leak coz some guy blazed out of his mind that appears to have never touched a videogame before is the one leaking it

it does look reasonably smooth (as smooth as you can get for shitty 30fps on console) not too many bugs and load times are fairly quick. nice animations for bethesda. I skipped over story/dialogue parts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave spoilers out of this thread, just search it on YouTube if you want to see it.

All I can find is a bunch of bullshit reaction videos and can't find the actual leaks themself.

be warned it's him playing it on xbox filming the TV in portrait from a phone and hes terrible at playing
there's no actual spoilers in this spoiler btw just links lol

Here is where you will want to go if you want to check out any gaming leaks

This post has videos that still work (not the youtube one)

50 bucks to play 5 days earlier pfft. I've waited this long I can wait an extra few days.

Yeah I was the same but it comes out on a Friday which means a whole weekend worth of playing early.

I know someone will just be like "meh it's only $50" or "I spend that much on 3 pints at the pub, so why not on a video game" but $50 to play it 5 days early just seems like an insane rip when you can not pay that and just wait a bit more and still play the game anyway.

Also means you pocket the $50 that can go to another game, or just you know, keep it.

I've got enough stuff to go through to get me through those 5 days that I don't need to be spending anything for early access.

I know someone will just be like "meh it's only $50" or "I spend that much on 3 pints at the pub, so why not on a video game" but $50 to play it 5 days early just seems like an insane rip when you can not pay that and just wait a bit more and still play the game anyway.

Also means you pocket the $50 that can go to another game, or just you know, keep it.

I've got enough stuff to go through to get me through those 5 days that I don't need to be spending anything for early access.
Can you lend me $50?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back