Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
A player not talked about much on here.

Had a stand-out year last year, however started slowly this year.

Last 2 weeks has had some big games for the Cats, but this is not reflecting in his S.C scores.

Clangers have a bit to do with this, but seems to get around 20 disposals, 5 marks and a couple of goals ... yet still scores less than 100. :confused:

Other players can have 8 touches, 3 goals and still get the same score :eek:

Any thoughts from those who have him. Is he a keeper?

I'm sticking with him.

At least for a few more weeks. He is starting to build and played very well in small portions of the game against the Swans. If he can do that for an entire game he'll be racking up huge points so enough.

Last year he had a point to prove and I thought he was excellent. If you had him at the start of the year he's worth holding onto but if I was looking to upgrade a forward there are probably at least 7 forwards I would choose before him.
If I had to have a Geelong forward I would much prefer Chapman as he can play further upfield and doesn't rely on goals for his score.

Ryan O'Keefe went through a similar thing last year.

Got plenty of the ball, was playing pretty good footy on the field but it just wasn't translating into SC scores.

I think the reasons for his drop are two-fold:
1. Less impact than last year equals less of a multiplication effect on his scores.
2. More clangers / less efficiency.

He was very highly priced at start of year.

i looked at him but went for mooney instead to replicate last seasons form.

BTW mooney is out for bradshaw a few weeks ago.;)

I've said it before, but Steve Johnson is a mercurial player, and by their nature mercurial players can be more inconsistent than other players. This is not a comment on ability, but I see him more along the lines of a Didak / Medhurst type and even though I think they're all great - I personally wouldn't want to rely on any of them to give me 100 points every game.

He will have some big scores, but is also likely to have a few low ones as well. It's just a matter of if you're ok with that.

Having said that, it's probably worth adding two bits of info. The first is that by average points a game he is only the 13th best Geelong player this season. You would expect that to pick up, which obviously would mean some better scores. However, he has only fallen $70k and is still worth $460k, so could potentially allow you to upgrade to a more consistent gun if that is what you are interested in...

Dont have him, but was looking at him this week.

With the Cats playing the way they are, will he at least be a consistent scorer? Even if he's not scoring over 100 most games.

My only planned premium i traded (pre round 3) for chapman.

Don't regret it, but shouldn't have got him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back