Multiplat Street Fighter 6

Remove this Banner Ad

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think there’s a few of us playing so I thought I’d start a thread.

How’s everyone finding online so far? I’m finding it hard to get ranked matches and getting a poor connection most of the time

Aside from that I’m enjoying it, Theres a few characters that I struggle against. Manons throw move takes away a third of your health bar…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Only played a couple of times, focusing on single player arcade mode atm (need to git gud before I try online). It's very obvious they're going with a changing of the guard though; Ryu's story ends up being about Luke.

Hoping they do bring in a proper story mode for those who are fans of the series in a future update, though.

Only played a couple of times, focusing on single player arcade mode atm (need to git gud before I try online). It's very obvious they're going with a changing of the guard though; Ryu's story ends up being about Luke.

Hoping they do bring in a proper story mode for those who are fans of the series in a future update, though.

Yeah that’s what I did, theres also a “how to play” extended tutorial for each character show you strategies etc.

They really have made it accessible for new players.

Had a mini ranked winning streak going last night. Unofficially continued it tonight with 3 more wins before I went on a 5 match losing streak lol.

I’m getting smashed in the ranked matches, lucky to win one haha. I stopped playing today after getting frustrated. Played a few matches in a row where they kinda cheesed me.

Matchmaking hasn’t been great for me, takes a while to find a game and I’ve actually been playing the same people over again in the space of a couple of days.

I’m getting smashed in the ranked matches, lucky to win one haha. I stopped playing today after getting frustrated. Played a few matches in a row where they kinda cheesed me.

Matchmaking hasn’t been great for me, takes a while to find a game and I’ve actually been playing the same people over again in the space of a couple of days.

I cringe when I face Cammy users, instant defeats (and usually double perfect's at that :( lol). I rarely get any hits in!

It just takes a bit of practice, I'm only starting to learn proper combos and things now (as Ken mostly, he's the character I've been the strongest at from Street Fighter 2 to SF IV/V etc haha).

Just takes a few lucky goes at it, I should have lost a few of the fights I won, just got a lucky last hit in after the matches had gone down to the wire. Majority of my fights are either I get flattened without barely touching the other person, or they are decided in 3 rounds. Although in a few casual games I've cleaned up some people with easy 2 round wins.

I cringe when I face Cammy users, instant defeats (and usually double perfect's at that :( lol). I rarely get any hits in!

It just takes a bit of practice, I'm only starting to learn proper combos and things now (as Ken mostly, he's the character I've been the strongest at from Street Fighter 2 to SF IV/V etc haha).

Just takes a few lucky goes at it, I should have lost a few of the fights I won, just got a lucky last hit in after the matches had gone down to the wire. Majority of my fights are either I get flattened without barely touching the other person, or they are decided in 3 rounds. Although in a few casual games I've cleaned up some people with easy 2 round wins.

Cammy and Jamie are a nightmare, the range on those long low kicks is wild!

I ended up going with Ken as his kick gives you good range but he’s pretty good up close.

Patience is key, learning move patterns so you know when to release block and counter makes a big difference.

Cammy and Jamie are a nightmare, the range on those long low kicks is wild!

I ended up going with Ken as his kick gives you good range but he’s pretty good up close.

Patience is key, learning move patterns so you know when to release block and counter makes a big difference.

I've studied some of the SF 6 combo videos and tested a few in game in the practice area. They're doable, but I'm like WHEN is the right time to try them ? I tend to do smaller combos that lead into the usual special moves. And of course my game play is not so much lead with attacks, I try to read the opponent then react to what they do. I have a mish-mash of styles that suit various ways others play. Of course if they just block everything I get frustrated!

Having a great time, languishing in the rookie pool. No perf issues or latency, just an inability to play well 😂 once placement battles were done im reasonably happy with the matchmaking. Seems to be plenty of aussies about in the 6pm-8pm. Currently ranked about 300,000th in the world! 😂

Having a great time, languishing in the rookie pool. No perf issues or latency, just an inability to play well 😂 once placement battles were done im reasonably happy with the matchmaking. Seems to be plenty of aussies about in the 6pm-8pm. Currently ranked about 300,000th in the world! 😂

Oh I need to check my ranking I'm probably around the same mark

Had a shocker tonight, won one match, got close in a few others, but was otherwise blitzed away. Chun Li did me in a few times :(

Ive been getting beaten by a reasonably varied assortment, but a lot of cammy and ryu.

Yeah, I heard they nerfed Cammy in 5, due to her being overpowered; will likely have an adjustment in this one at some point. Ryu is obviously the character everyone knows how to play, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic all the way baby!

Also finally going through the World tour mode, it's ok I guess.... mostly doing it to try and unlock a few things.

I meant the Zangief. Some characters are broken and easy to use on modern controls. You can play Gief on Modern controls and not have to do full circle inputs at all.

Yeah is it worth bothering with, what do you unlock? Extra outfits for real characters?

I've unlocked nothing of value yet, supposedly you can unlock extra colours for characters and such when you meet them along the journey (hence why I'm bothering lol). Of course you need to engage in micro transactions to get proper content. I will probably end up buying the Champion Edition/ Super SF 6 or whatever in 3-4 years to get EVERY bit of content instead :p

Jesus that fighting pass looks like garbage. I was expecting character colors / skins but at first glance it seems to be littered with avatar stuff.

Not looking forward to any Season 1 characters either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back