Remove this Banner Ad

JeffreyCC

Debutant
Mar 2, 2023
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
ATL Braves - BAMA- SA Spurs- Celtic FC
Just wondering who has the strongest footy club, outside of Australia?

Just wondering who has the strongest footy club, outside of Australia?

Hard to tell between different continents as there isn't enough intercontinental club competition.

In Europe I'd say one of the AFL London clubs. Wandsworth Demons and West London have the most depth, each have three men's teams and two women's teams. West London have won a lot of AFL Europe Champions' Leagues. Or possibly one of the Irish teams.

In North America, it's probably the Austin Crows. They've won eight of the past ten men's division one titles.

In the Pacific, a team in Auckland AFL (the North Shore Tigers or University) or a Port Moresby team would probably be a contender.

So I'd say one of those.

Hard to tell between different continents as there isn't enough intercontinental club competition.

In Europe I'd say one of the AFL London clubs. Wandsworth Demons and West London have the most depth, each have three men's teams and two women's teams. West London have won a lot of AFL Europe Champions' Leagues. Or possibly one of the Irish teams.

In North America, it's probably the Austin Crows. They've won eight of the past ten men's division one titles.

In the Pacific, a team in Auckland AFL (the North Shore Tigers or University) or a Port Moresby team would probably be a contender.

So I'd say one of those.

Austin are a powerhouse alright, other clubs from coast to coast in the US hold them in high regard.

Koboni Demons from Port Moresby would (long term especially) be one of the stronger clubs too.

But for sure there are way too many variables and a lack of proper competition to get a solid objective measure.

Austin are a powerhouse alright, other clubs from coast to coast in the US hold them in high regard.

I wish AFL Ontario teams would come together to create a team for Nationals. An Ontario/Toronto team would give Austin a run for their money.

Koboni Demons from Port Moresby would (long term especially) be one of the stronger clubs too.

But for sure there are way too many variables and a lack of proper competition to get a solid objective measure.

Guess we'll need a club world championship to find out 😁.

I wish AFL Ontario teams would come together to create a team for Nationals. An Ontario/Toronto team would give Austin a run for their money.
Mmmm, that's not really the point of Nationals. Quebec and Calgary usually play USAFL clubs during the course of the season so having them involved is one thing. The Centrals Blues used to participate in the women's back in the day but they were playing Columbus and New York regularly. If individual clubs wanted to participate that would be one thing, but having an "All-Star" team that isn't a part of the USAFL league structure would be outside of the carnival's paradigm.