Stuart O'Grady Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

why is everybody attacking stu? he isn't the only aussie who an will be found out soon, rogers davis,lloyd an co ;).. he owned up to what he did like matt white has done,i think well done stu but please to say the team knew nothing is a little bit much.... i knew he doped but for the life of me i thought it was the past 5 years not back then.. lucky greenedge is around to paint cycling some good news storys ay ;)

He owned up after he retired. In other words, he cheated and (probably) continued to cheat and earn millions in salary. Now he's too old. Don't paint his admission as some form of noble sentiment. His 'owning up' was rather like being caught with the black mask and the bag marked 'Swag' and saying 'yeah, I done the bank job'.

not entirely surprised. not entirely disappointed either.

i follow cycling with the assumption that a rider has experimented with doping at some stage of their career. anyone who has jumped on a bike knows that cycling the amount a pro does is practically in the realms of freak-dom.

folks can jump up and down as much as they like. i have always and will continue to stand by my belief that many of the world's great athletes are doping in some form. australians included and if you believe otherwise, then you're tremendously naive. many are on the edge and looking for the advantage that will get them across the line first, ensure they last the distance to win the next point, get to the ball first, or just survive.

the suits and the armchair slobs who cheat their way through everyday life at uni or work can be as critical as they like. i say hypocritical. in my attempt to live a life of integrity and givng most folks the benefit of the doubt, I find everyone is happy to break the rules for their own benefit.

A sensible comment from the 'secret pro':

For you Australians, I see that Stuart O’Grady’s results from the 1998 Tour were labelled as suspicious and he promptly retired a year ahead of schedule. And now he’s admitted that he doped before that Tour. I don’t defend dopers, but I think you need to think about the times these guys were riding in before passing judgement. Is there any difference between him and Santambrogio? In a word, yes. Doing stuff like that nowadays is just not acceptable.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/07/the-secret-pro-post-tour-de-france-edition/

why is everybody attacking stu? he isn't the only aussie who an will be found out soon, rogers davis,lloyd an co ;).. he owned up to what he did like matt white has done,i think well done stu but please to say the team knew nothing is a little bit much.... i knew he doped but for the life of me i thought it was the past 5 years not back then.. lucky greenedge is around to paint cycling some good news storys ay ;)

gerry ryan knows what goes on. a vic rider, who died on beach rd about 24 months back who got the two non-negatives in Australian cycling (=positive sample) , was riding for Praties or Genesis then, Gerry Rings him up and said he will pay QC fees to defend himself in arbitration or whatver sport court in canberra.

they know.

this thing is an entire charade. you see matty lloyd in st kilda in the offseason, and i said, hope Gerry looks after Matt White now. he said he thought he would be taken care of.

Ryan has bought Evans a mustang for winning France.
he also gave Matt Wilson and Baden Cooke a half share in a horse. (remember, gerry owns sth melbourne Cup horse Americain)

i would not mind being Simon Gerrans this christmas. i think he will get something bling

actually, the dutch guy, he would have more credibility had he talked about his own time doping. and at Rabo espoirs, when he won the Two Up chrono with Dekker in about 2005. GP Eddy Merckx i think. would have been doping ten, 200%.

so i dont like that dude. he can get f'ed with his propaganda. how about talking about Froome and everyone else doping instead of your propaganda.

i actually have zero to hold against Stuey, and "dopers". I think the propaganda and lying is worse than the doping. doping is sport, and has always been cycling. i have reconciled, or resigned to this.

but i will call out BS when i am told. this is BS

He owned up after he retired. In other words, he cheated and (probably) continued to cheat and earn millions in salary. Now he's too old. Don't paint his admission as some form of noble sentiment. His 'owning up' was rather like being caught with the black mask and the bag marked 'Swag' and saying 'yeah, I done the bank job'.

dont paint this as an ethical, good bad, cheat v chararcter, value judgement. cos its not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back