Sunderland AFC: League 1

Remove this Banner Ad

To think certain fans thought Cattermole was better than Cambiasso.

I didn't. I had all my money on Hendo being better than Cambiasso though.

Glad to see this topic become the North East Football thread, lol.

It actually isn't too bad. We're actually more civilised than the London supporting lot.

When discussions get heated...

London 'plastic' fans: 'Our club is better than yours. We won more trophies than you. We will finish higher than you. Player XYZ is world class'
NE diehard fans: 'our club is less poop than yours, we only lost 0-4 to them, you guys lost 0-5' :p

London 'plastic' fans: 'Our club is better than yours. We won more trophies than you. We will finish higher than you. Player XYZ is world class'
NE diehard fans: 'our club is less poop than yours, we only lost 0-4 to them, you guys lost 0-5' :p
Sad but true :D

I think we're all realists here.

I didn't. I had all my money on Hendo being better than Cambiasso though.

It actually isn't too bad. We're actually more civilised than the London supporting lot.

Believe or not, certain Leicester fans thought of Cattermole > Cambiasso. Now if it was Inler, different story (so disappointed with Inler).

Sad but true :D

I think we're all realists here.

You lot sicken me, lol.

I don't want any East Midland clubs here in the PL, and I would be quite keen in getting rid of West Brom and Stoke (and Swansea).

At least tell me your opinions on Yorkshire clubs? Accepted into the club, or too South for your tastes?

You lot sicken me, lol.

I don't want any East Midland clubs here in the PL, and I would be quite keen in getting rid of West Brom and Stoke (and Swansea).

I don't care if the club from Peeside are in League 2 but personally like the idea of Mackems and the Toon in the Prem. Tyne-Wear Derby has something to it not a lot of other derbies in England do nowadays with most stadiums being like libraries.

At least tell me your opinions on Yorkshire clubs? Accepted into the club, or too South for your tastes?

Leeds I'm fine with but anyone else can get ****ed

Believe or not, certain Leicester fans thought of Cattermole > Cambiasso. Now if it was Inler, different story (so disappointed with Inler).

You lot sicken me, lol.

I honestly don't mind any of the Yorkshire teams - I have a soft spot for Rotherham through my FM saves over the years. Wednesday and United (of the Blades variety) I would love to both see back in the PL as would I on Leeds. I can't hate on Hull as they are the Tigers and SM's enthusiasm. Huddersfield with Mooy I can't wish poorly of either.

Heck, I've seen some say Boro are technically a Yorkshire team...though they probably like to join the NE club so they can stand out a bit more...we've even seen those teenage dirtbags of Burnley trying to lay claim to being the biggest and best club in the NE* - how ridiculous. :$

*I don't think anyone from Burnley or their fan base has ever said this but as they are our closest 'local' PL rival this season, I will hope they go down in glorious claret flames! :p

I honestly don't mind any of the Yorkshire teams - I have a soft spot for Rotherham through my FM saves over the years. Wednesday and United (of the Blades variety) I would love to both see back in the PL as would I on Leeds. I can't hate on Hull as they are the Tigers and SM's enthusiasm. Huddersfield with Mooy I can't wish poorly of either.

Heck, I've seen some say Boro are technically a Yorkshire team...though they probably like to join the NE club so they can stand out a bit more...we've even seen those teenage dirtbags of Burnley trying to lay claim to being the biggest and best club in the NE* - how ridiculous. :$

*I don't think anyone from Burnley or their fan base has ever said this but as they are our closest 'local' PL rival this season, I will hope they go down in glorious claret flames! :p
Yeah we can be a Yorkshire team when it suits :D Probably only when we play Leeds or a Lancashire side to be honest.

It's pretty sad that Burnley is going to be the nearest thing to a derby game for you guys this year. I mean sure, it's easy to hate Burnley with Dyche in charge - even easier the last few years with Joey Barton.

Championship season kicks off this week for you guys - pretty exciting to get back to the serious stuff again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah looking forward to seeing our new boys in action. Hoping to see a few goals this year.

Think I read a championship preview and you boys were among the favourites to win the league. Seems you have a bit more striking power now with your recruiting too.

Think I read a championship preview and you boys were among the favourites to win the league. Seems you have a bit more striking power now with your recruiting too.
Yeah if they can stay fit and the mids can provide then we could be in for an entertaining season.

Dolly Doctor thoughts on our start to the season?

Disappointing result last night but all in all not too bad given the tough start to the season. Badly need further additions though, squad is too thin to last a championship season. Hoping we get McCormack in and squad will be boosted when Oviedo, McNair & Watmore return.

Haven't seen any of our games yet but from what I've read fitness appears an issue so surprised Grayson didn't make any changes last night.

Disappointing result last night but all in all not too bad given the tough start to the season. Badly need further additions though, squad is too thin to last a championship season. Hoping we get McCormack in and squad will be boosted when Oviedo, McNair & Watmore return.

Watmore and McNair should boss it in the Championship but I only see Oviedo as depth with Brendan's form. Getting McCormack means he could play as a #10 and we can play in a 4-2-3-1 meaning Vaughan can come on as an impact sub. Even though he hasn't put a foot wrong so far this season, I still think an upgrade on Billy Jones needs to happen. It is not inspiring to see him in the side.

Watmore and McNair should boss it in the Championship but I only see Oviedo as depth with Brendan's form. Getting McCormack means he could play as a #10 and we can play in a 4-2-3-1 meaning Vaughan can come on as an impact sub. Even though he hasn't put a foot wrong so far this season, I still think an upgrade on Billy Jones needs to happen. It is not inspiring to see him in the side.

Can't wait to see Watmore back.

Oviedo should be one of the best LB's in the Championship with his top flight experience, think you're understating his importance given it seems Galloway is clearly the weak link.

Can't wait to see Watmore back.

Oviedo should be one of the best LB's in the Championship with his top flight experience, think you're understating his importance given it seems Galloway is clearly the weak link.

It's not that I don't rate Oviedo but with his injury record is it plausible that he stays on the park enough? Galloway hasn't been great but he is young and was promising when Everton signed him. I'd give him a bit more of a go. I'm not really excited by what we have in the FB positions in general though.

It's not that I don't rate Oviedo but with his injury record is it plausible that he stays on the park enough? Galloway hasn't been great but he is young and was promising when Everton signed him. I'd give him a bit more of a go. I'm not really excited by what we have in the FB positions in general though.

Fair call.

Good to see Goochy having a good game this morning by all reports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back