Sunraysia FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of chat locally about the Nick Mee tackle on Sam Brinsmead, the injury and subsequent suspension (2 weeks). Merbein challenged the automatic 2 weeks, seeking 8 weeks is my understanding. Saw the tackle, it was almost too perfect with Sam fracturing vertebrae when landing with Mee on top of him, along with a concussion. Brimma is a great kid, really feel for him and hope he recovers well. 2 weeks was the most likely outcome...
Absolutely cooked. How can you end a bloke's career and get two weeks?

Absolutely cooked. How can you end a bloke's career and get two weeks?
The intent to harm wasnt proven at the appeal to the suspension term. To challenge the initial penalty required something more than just video evidence, there needed to be insights presented that the act was intended to cause harm. The outcome does not always determine the punishment.

The more than colorful language of Souths U 18s coach caused three shearers to faint yesterday. Luckily they were revived and saw out the rest of the game. It wasn’t as if it was a tight game and a bit of a rev was going to make any difference.

Facebook Finals
If the work a club puts into their Facebook presence won flags we would see Mildura , Wenty ,Merbs and Imps making up the final four. I guess all clubs have a group but some go pretty quiet at times . A supporter should at least be able to see days and times of training , and practice matches even a report on who did well.

Again, today should have seen Mildura beat Irymple, on paper.... Kerridge, M. Rogerson, Martin, Matthews, Dean, Lando v Coghlan, Pezzaniti, Mee, Brownbridge, Wandin, Dimasi... Mildura have the talent hands down..they just need to learn how to win...

That was as surprise!!
How could a side that was so dominant all season out in what was woeful performance

Should not write in here so early on a Sunday.
What I meant was …. Can anyone account for what was a woeful performance by a side that was dominant all year.
To be fair, Robinvale were in it up until 3/4 time but were effectively overrun. For a side that probably won more contested ground ball during the season than Mildura and Irymple combined, they couldn't do that on the day that matters and were carved up on the outside of the packs. Their handball numbers would of been half that of Irymples, little to no run and carry which irymple owned. Their physicality was nullified because most of the time the ball had left the contest via Irymples runners...Robinvale didnt play their game because Irymple owned the ball and moved it when it mattered. Benji Neal aside, they were poor. They should have tagged Coghlan rather than Mee, but generally if one doesn't get you, the other does...

Early movements
I know it’s early and a lot of blokes probably haven’t unpacked there bags. Some clubs haven’t washed the jumpers and a few guys are probably just getting home.
But are there any local movements of players between clubs? Any blokes going to give it away and the most interesting, any out of town recruits in the pipeline.

I know it’s early and a lot of blokes probably haven’t unpacked there bags. Some clubs haven’t washed the jumpers and a few guys are probably just getting home.
But are there any local movements of players between clubs? Any blokes going to give it away and the most interesting, any out of town recruits in the pipeline.
I know Imps have picked up two guns from Noosa being current skipper Aaron Laskey snd champion key defender Riley Buntain.Both prominent in Queenslands State league this year and many years before that.Will be great additions and even more important terrific blokes.Not what what the connection is to Mildura or Imps but they will impress!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that’s the case then I’m very surprised . Will be interesting to get the details. Do we know anything at all about the guy.

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti to Imperials. Not just a great signing for the club, but a great inclusion into the league

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any ideas on which sides will improve next season? Everyone seems to have recruited a few players .
anyone expecting any surprises for 2024?

Reports that Derek Eggmolesse-Smith has signed at Sale in Gippsland league despite articles saying he's signed with Merebin - anyone heard anything about why?

Yesterday I tried to look at the Irymple sides that won the 2019 premiership,I couldnt the sportingpulse/ My Game sites seems to have been removed.
I did find a photograph of the 2022 side by my reckoning there was a ten player change over to 2023 that’s a big changeover of players in one season. From all reports the 2024 side will not have such a big turnover but will they have the cattle to repeat last years success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back