Sport The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll probably still beat India on our home decks this summer. Played well in South Africa earlier in the year but their conditions are very similar to ours. I know we're not playing on the subcontinent but we are crap on these pitches.

Wayne Parnell's haircut... what was he thinking.

Finally getting to watch a game of cricket this summer. Damn uni.

Our death bowling was fantastic. 29 off the last 5. Good to see Faulkner getting some wickets. Feel sorry for Abbott.

Love seeing Finch making some runs. Looking forward for him to have a big World Cup

Batsmen throwing their wickets away, sheesh. Should have gotten those runs a lot easier.

Wayne Parnell top scored for Australia. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batsmen throwing their wickets away, sheesh. Should have gotten those runs a lot easier.

Wayne Parnell top scored for Australia. :D
Yep, made hard work of something that shouldn't have been. As for Parnell, if you're going to have such a w***er haircut, you'd want to be able to back it up with some talent. He can't.

I just thought Duminy could have brought himself on when the batsmen got on top of Parnell.

Speaking of talent, Maxwell definitely has it, just needs to work on his temperament.

Maxwell I think has the selectors in a somewhat of a Watson mentality. Gets in on decent domestic scores with a few big ones, then has a few average scores at international level and just before being dropped makes a big score and everyone declares "that's why he is in the side!" before going back to average and repeating that cycle over and over,

Maxwell I think has the selectors in a somewhat of a Watson mentality. Gets in on decent domestic scores with a few big ones, then has a few average scores at international level and just before being dropped makes a big score and everyone declares "that's why he is in the side!" before going back to average and repeating that cycle over and over,

Except he hasn't made any big scores at domestic level.
The 'mentality' of picking test players on T20 performances is always going to be a recipe for disaster.
Maxwell like Watson and the rest of the T20 brigade are glorified tonkers.

The 'mentality' of picking test players on T20 performances is always going to be a recipe for disaster.
Watson does well when he bowls and before everyone discovered his LBW weakness.

Maxwell was outstanding in the later part of last years Sheffield Shield, so I don't know what your talking about. The fixture is a big problem, putting all the 1 dayers at the start of the season, when the WC is at the end.

Maxwell was outstanding in the later part of last years Sheffield Shield, so I don't know what your talking about. The fixture is a big problem, putting all the 1 dayers at the start of the season, when the WC is at the end.

2 problems with Maxwell, temperament and technique. Not a test cricketer IMO. Khuwaja and Maddinson are much better batsmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back