Chess The Official BigFooty Chess AFL League 2023 (GRAND FINAL: WEST COAST EAGLES def RICHMOND TIGERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 6 OVER

So the league table looks like this:
6 wins: Fremantle Dockers
5 wins: Richmond Tigers
3 wins, 2 draws: Gold Coast Suns
3 wins: Port Adelaide Power
1 win, 2 draws: West Coast Eagles, Adelaide Saints
2 draws: BRI/GEE/MEL, Essendon Bombers

Round 7 PMs being set up, matches to be complete by 23 July. Then let the knockout stage begin! Good luck!

pickler_mz CursingFijian RalfM Partridge Pickitt mattis117 samFFC bfff Jade Bjchan13 thewizardmelon SunsphereParker GremioPower Schulzenfest raman Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett evo daddy_4_eyes sey666 MWPP
(BF) Chess.PNG

REGULAR SEASON OVER

So the final league table looks like this:
1st - 7 wins: Fremantle Dockers
2nd - 5 wins, 1 draw: Richmond Tigers
3rd - 3 wins, 3 draws: Gold Coast Suns
4th - 3 wins, 1 draw: Port Adelaide Power
5th - 2 wins, 2 draws: West Coast Eagles
6th - 1 win, 3 draws: Adelaide Saints
7th - 2 draws: BRI/GEE/MEL (5-12 record)
8th - 2 draws: Essendon Bombers (3.5-10.5 record)

The knockout matches will be in the next post. Good luck!

pickler_mz CursingFijian RalfM Partridge Pickitt mattis117 samFFC bfff Jade Bjchan13 thewizardmelon SunsphereParker GremioPower Schulzenfest raman Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett evo daddy_4_eyes sey666 MWPP

QUARTER FINALS

QF1: Fremantle Dockers v Essendon Bombers
QF2: Port Adelaide Power v West Coast Eagles
QF3: Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Saints
QF4: Richmond Tigers v BRI/GEE/MEL

I’ll set up the PMs soon.

There is no end of round time (so I don’t decide the result of any game), I will start the semi finals when all the games are finished.

If there is a tie, both sides pick one player and they play 10 minute games until one player wins.

The semi final will be 4 players v 4 players. So, winners will need to recruit from those teams eliminated. You may want to scout/agree potential recruits now! The final will be 5 players v 5 players.

Good luck!

Just putting my hand up for next season or event :)

Welcome!

You might get in this season yet, when this round is complete the remaining teams need to recruit for the semis and they may want a 1650 rated player…

Yeah, not sure about a system where the team that finishes first gets knocked out so that easy. Beaten by the ring in.
I've never understood or liked having ring-ins at all. Just stick with the teams we started the competition with, otherwise the finals have no integrity.

If that means some good players miss out, so be it. If the Dogs don't make finals next week it doesn't mean somebody gets to recruit Bontempelli to play for them the week after.

The final playoff was finished so we’re now at…

SEMI FINALS

Essendon Bombers v West Coast Eagles
Richmond Tigers v Gold Coast Suns

I’ll set up the PMs. Good luck!​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Chipmunk for this wonderful initiative.

Thanks also to the Eagles and specifically MWPP for the invite. I'm sorry for letting the team down in the final. If I get an opportunity again to represent this wonderful team I promise to not time out again.

Thanks Richmond for the invite! It felt apt after Dimma moved to the Suns, albeit a drawn game for me in the final, I’m grateful to be apart of the runner up crew!

Congrats West Coast, you guys remain the standard around these parts and thanks again Chipmunk!

Congratulations to West Coast Eagles on winning the Grand Final!

Thanks to everyone for playing, and we'll go again next season. Have a good rest of year!

pickler_mz CursingFijian RalfM Partridge Pickitt mattis117 samFFC bfff Jade Bjchan13 thewizardmelon SunsphereParker GremioPower Schulzenfest raman Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett evo daddy_4_eyes sey666 MWPP Ocha905

Congrats on the win, thanks everyone who played and particularly who I played against, and huge thanks for putting in the hard work to make it happen Chipmunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back