International Club Rugby The "Other" Nations thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Dedicated to games involving teams other than the Aussies.

Normal transmission resumed with the AB's impressive win over Ireland.

Savea stars in All Black romp against Ireland

The Irish can't say they weren't warned. At the start of this week Julian Savea was dubbed a "triple threat" by a team-mate who predicted big things for the new All Black wing. He was right on both fronts.

Savea had a dream debut on the left for the All Blacks as they launched the Steve Hansen era in about as much style as could be expected for a first test match of the new season on the back of six days' preparation

All Blacks looked absolutely deadly against Ireland. Didn't matter where they were on the field, they looked like they could score at will.

Savea scoring a hattrick on debut was a pretty nice way to top it off for the AB's.

Could be a veeeeeeeeeery long tour for Ireland at this rate. But I think they will be improved in the next Test.

South Africa beat England.

Close game.

South Africa handed new coach Heyneke Meyer a winning start with a 22-17 victory over England in the first test on Saturday.

The Springboks turned in a dominant second-half performance with flyhalf Morne Steyn and new captain Jean de Villiers crossing for tries after Steyn and opposite number Owen Farrell had traded penalties to make the score 6-6 after 40 minutes.

Good start for the Southern Hemisphere nations. Wales and England looked good at times and could trouble Australia and SA if they get the game on their terms. I think Ireland will be better next week. They can't be worse and I don't think they will be as bad.

Love the 3 Test series with strong Northern Hemisphere teams. Makes for some great rugby to watch.

Argentina (essentially their B side packed with emerging players) had a 37-22 win against a full strength Italy. Good result for them, shows they have some depth and also that they're looking to play a more attacking game. Now they play 2 tests against France.

And how good would it be to go and watch the Wallabies in a test match over in Argentina! It's definitely been added to my to do list.

I think they'll be competitive at home from the get go and that they'll get their first win this year. Away from home will probably be damage limitation to begin with but I think they'll really add something overall. Some latin passion.

Good match by the springboks yesterday- Aprt from the last minute, seriously that try should have been averted- but good way to go. and seriously only one thread for each other team? should be more.

Heartbreaking loss for Ireland there. They should have won it too. Was 19 all with 8 or 9 minutes left and the All Blacks with a player in the bin (until the end of the match). Just couldn't do it. Gave away a penalty, the All Blacks kicked for touch downfield and then managed the ball well to kick a last minute drop goal. Shattering!! Ireland have still never beaten the All Blacks in a test match.

shame , but Wales blew it. Don't give away penalties after full time. shame but they played great and should have really won it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clean sweep for The Rugby Championship over the 6 nations with South Africa beating England and Argentina beating France. Argentina even kept up the late winner theme with a 77th minute try to do it. Great signs for them too, as they're sitting out a group of 24 players in June to prepare for TRC and played a very young side. France left a few guys at home as well, but not to the same extent...and you'd expect France to have better depth than Argentina.

Yeah that was a pretty clear dominance of the southern Hemisphere. Great match by the springboks vs England. Our English guest we had invited for a bbq weren't so happy about the match. Also the Babyboks match vs Argentina was not too bad as they utterly thrashed them(but then the Argentinian youth arent professionals like in most cases of the babyboks.

It was certainly close between Wales and Aus. shame about the penalty after full time..

goodness me now that last Match of the Bokke was a bit of a downer. meh.
I wonder what with the form of Steyn he has had a s**t form all tour. no good just kicking 50% success especially giving away vital conversions...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back