Thirds 2021 after a big year off we are back

Remove this Banner Ad

News breaker...

Can you explain to me how sandown are premiership favs?

-they haven’t scored over 100 since round 7
-they’ve only scored 100+ 3 times
-they’re two games behind top spot
-they haven’t put the bottom sides away when playing them
-their second half of the year hasn’t been as convincing as the first

Just an observation here & looking at results.

Cheltenham are flag favourites.

Not sure how much research needs to get into it at thirds level. Teams with seconds who are out of finals contention in DIV 1 are generally the team who should win.

Considering dingoes are chasing a flag at senior, reserve and under 19 level, I would presume come finals their 3rds May have 4-5 better players in the unders or seconds. C

Cheltenhams 19s won’t make the finals and reserves won’t make the finals, so if they are switched on they would roll a couple back to the 3rds.

Sandown, would be the team in the 5 who could be the only team to knock of those 2.

How do you roll blokes back with two games to go?
Is there a minimum of thirds games they would need to play or is it club games?

Players may have played 3-4 game during the season, you roll them back to ensure they are qualified.

They also would have identified not playing finals multiple weeks ago so I would assume they would have started stacking their thirds team with players who are no chance of cracking it in the 1s.

You have to realise division 1 clubs are so well run, they have many people across these things! If you look at the history of this competition.

Cerberus have won a few times (only team nominated in the league)
South Yarra once.

The rest are by a division 1 clubs thirds.
Cheltenham, dingley, Chelsea heights.

Cheltenham are flag favourites.

Not sure how much research needs to get into it at thirds level. Teams with seconds who are out of finals contention in DIV 1 are generally the team who should win.

Considering dingoes are chasing a flag at senior, reserve and under 19 level, I would presume come finals their 3rds May have 4-5 better players in the unders or seconds. C

Cheltenhams 19s won’t make the finals and reserves won’t make the finals, so if they are switched on they would roll a couple back to the 3rds.

Sandown, would be the team in the 5 who could be the only team to knock of those 2.

The opposite is generally true. It sounds stupid but you are generally better off having the higher teams in the finals. Reason being once you play ten games in a higher grade you cant play thirds UNLESS all teams are in finals then you have full selection. Come finals players are recovered from injuries, dont go on holidays or pull out with a sniffle... Meaning club depth grows and 3rds benefit.

By that logic Dingley are a show. Still think Chelt are the team to beat. Sandown to challenge pending how many dodgy players they got qualified throughout the year

How do you roll blokes back with two games to go?
Is there a minimum of thirds games they would need to play or is it club games?

You need to play six in the thirds. If you have played ten in a higher grade you cant play thirds unless all teams are still alive.
The ideal scenario is all senior teams in finals with 19s out and the guns qualfied to play thirds.

Basically the comp is s**t and it has been since Cerberus came in and clubs had to pull dodgys to compete. Almost the worst thing that can happen is your team is awesome at the half way point and you rest on your laurels... meanwhile the other teams are finding ways to bridge the gap

yes not a lot to talk about this weekend apart from the big game at chelt tomorrow morning
ill take sandown in a tight one weather will help the slow mids from chelt but i still think sandown will be to good
sandown by 5 points what do you boys think

36421203_1_T.jpg

Cheltenham
vs
Sandown
36426264_1_T.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey news breaker, you wanna give up the goat yet pal??
Two in two weeks now you’ve gone against the fat slow mids & they’ve came out on top.. Give credit where credits due there!!

Early retirement for you with that pic of Barrett, one flog to another

yes not a lot to talk about this weekend apart from the big game at chelt tomorrow morning
ill take sandown in a tight one weather will help the slow mids from chelt but i still think sandown will be to good

36421203_1_T.jpg

Cheltenham
vs
Sandown
36426264_1_T.jpg
So u say Cheltenham are premiership favourites last week but u still pick sandown today I don’t get you

36421203_1_T.jpg

Cheltenham
vs
Sandown
36426264_1_T.jpg

Big win for chelt today, however #42 from chelt needs to pull his head in. Cant be running around throwing cheap shots all day. Piss poor effort

I think keysborough are going to be hard to beat but going to have to it the hard way but Chelt will be worried about them in the finals for sure, they shamed the mids off chelt last time they played, ran all over them one way runners ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon chelt might rest a few players this weekend, so perfect chance for keysy to get them again.
However the move of #15 forward by chelt on the weekend was a masterstroke. Really provided a target just a shame he cant kick or he could've had 5-6 at end of day.

Skye very much the dark horse in the race, storming home due to soft draw but look to be getting all players back at right time of year.

First time poster long time reader.

I’ve been following dingley the last few years, they’ve always shown good heart but this year they’ve turned soft, I really can’t see them winning the flag this year

I think if keys’y can beat chelt this weekend theyll go all the way.

First time poster long time reader.

I’ve been following dingley the last few years, they’ve always shown good heart but this year they’ve turned soft, I really can’t see them winning the flag this year

I think if keys’y can beat chelt this weekend theyll go all the way.
Now we know why you’re a first time poster oldmate fyfey..

The chelt vs keysey is a nothing game!! Absolutely nothing can be taken away from it whatsoever 🤦🏽‍♂️

Keep to reading pal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back