Thirds 2021 after a big year off we are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Called this two weeks ago - the bombers is the only team that will challenge Cheltenham this year and Dingley to get knocked out in straight sets. I may be an old fossil but have seen a lot of games that dates back to the black and white days. Yes kids, television use to be black and white.

Skye were on a mission yesterday and to give Keysborough some credit it was an arm wrestle for a period in the first half. Did not realise Skye was five goals up as they worked hard for their goals and there was a lot of strong contests and whilst the scoreboard suggests otherwise, Keysborough's defence was very competitive and they made a scrap of things - Bomber forwards nursing sore bodies in the rooms post game. Skye was just sensational out of defence with our run and switching proving hard to stop. Keysborough forwards was outplayed, outmuscled and outrun. Then came the third quarter whereby Skye flexed and Keysborough could not stop the bombardment.

Skye now move onto Dingley and Sandown take on Cheltenham - game review will be made available later in the week.

My early multi's are:
Skye to win by 10+ goals
Cheltenham by 8+ goals

Good luck to all teams!

Skye fan believes Skye can win. Amazing stuff.
Skye can however Cheltenham clear favourites to win this year. Only team that will challenge them is Skye. Sandown lack depth whereas Dingley panic when they are challenged, which leads to turnovers and poor decision making.

Week 2 is upon us..

Saturday’s game is a massive one, 1 vs 2.. After a strong performance last week Sandown should be up & about, full of confidence & ready for the challenge that awaits them in Cheltenham.
Then you have Chelt, they had the week off, assumed they watch the game last week between Sandown & Dingley so they will be fresh & know what they’re up against.
Conditions will suit both side tomorrow & I firmly believe chelt will have too much polish & fire power to win this game.

On Sunday, Wowee what a game this will be.. Skye in red hot form & destroying Keysey without getting outta 3rd gear & Dingley who quite easily should’ve won last week but due to bad kicking cost them..
Confidence is with Skye & I believe they will keep the train rolling on & take care of business against the dingoes who will still be licking their wounds from last week..

Good luck to all teams & let the games be crackers

Week 2 is upon us..

Saturday’s game is a massive one, 1 vs 2.. After a strong performance last week Sandown should be up & about, full of confidence & ready for the challenge that awaits them in Cheltenham.
Then you have Chelt, they had the week off, assumed they watch the game last week between Sandown & Dingley so they will be fresh & know what they’re up against.
Conditions will suit both side tomorrow & I firmly believe chelt will have too much polish & fire power to win this game.

On Sunday, Wowee what a game this will be.. Skye in red hot form & destroying Keysey without getting outta 3rd gear & Dingley who quite easily should’ve won last week but due to bad kicking cost them..
Confidence is with Skye & I believe they will keep the train rolling on & take care of business against the dingoes who will still be licking their wounds from last week..

Good luck to all teams & let the games be crackers
where was the polish and fire today? Few boys looked underdone have they not played much footy this year?

where was the polish and fire today? Few boys looked underdone have they not played much footy this year?
Hey Billy,

Yeah I’m not sure mate, unfortunately I had to work on Saturday so couldn’t get to JBO to watch the game between the top two. I however constantly checked the website for the scores.. Would’ve been some game & a tight battle. Well done to chelt for finding a way to get it done & credit to Sandown for having a red hot crack.

I did however see the impressive juggernaut that is Skye yesterday.. Really hitting their straps & making sides look silly..

I did say they were the team to watch out for a few weeks back & this week will be no different..

Hey Billy,

Yeah I’m not sure mate, unfortunately I had to work on Saturday so couldn’t get to JBO to watch the game between the top two. I however constantly checked the website for the scores.. Would’ve been some game & a tight battle. Well done to chelt for finding a way to get it done & credit to Sandown for having a red hot crack.

I did however see the impressive juggernaut that is Skye yesterday.. Really hitting their straps & making sides look silly..

I did say they were the team to watch out for a few weeks back & this week will be no different..
I managed to get down for a look great game of footy I did notice #13 from chelt come of very sore hopefully he can be up and about in to weeks very good player

I managed to get down for a look great game of footy I did notice #13 from chelt come of very sore hopefully he can be up and about in to weeks very good player
Oh right.. well fingers crossed for the bloke & I’m sure the week off will benefit not only him but the whole team cause I’m assuming Sandown did what Sandown does in a physical manner?

Oh right.. well fingers crossed for the bloke & I’m sure the week off will benefit not only him but the whole team cause I’m assuming Sandown did what Sandown does in a physical manner?
Nail on the head there! There brute makes up for there lack of skill...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prelim day & what a real winters day it is for the occasion.
Conditions don’t suit either side so this will be a tight struggle. Both sides go in with bigger bodied sides & if Skye can get their running game going & overcome Sandown’s physicality then they can get the job done.
By no means will they have it their own way like the last couple weeks as Sandown were quite good last week against Chelt so they will be wanting another crack at them.

Oh it’s happening my friend, they’re through for another crack at the title

Oh dear. Let me break it down for you Cobber.

A. I never said they couldn't win
B. My point was a supporter talking up his own club, under the guise of in depth analysis isn't worth a pinch of s**t.
C. I dont have horse in this race and couldnt care less who wins.
D. If you want to come on here talking up your clubs 3rds whilst your ones and twos sit on the sidelines. Then your priorities are all wrong.
E. Im sure South Yarra still celebrate their 3rds flag 12 months prior to begging the league for relegation.

But yeah GO SKYE!!!!!

Oh dear. Let me break it down for you Cobber.

A. I never said they couldn't win
B. My point was a supporter talking up his own club, under the guise of in depth analysis isn't worth a pinch of s**t.
C. I dont have horse in this race and couldnt care less who wins.
D. If you want to come on here talking up your clubs 3rds whilst your ones and twos sit on the sidelines. Then your priorities are all wrong.
E. Im sure South Yarra still celebrate their 3rds flag 12 months prior to begging the league for relegation.

But yeah GO SKYE!!!!!
Ok good chat 👍🏼

What's everyone thoughts? Clearly Skye has a form line to work over the reigning premier but the week off can only help those old bodies.

What's everyone thoughts? Clearly Skye has a form line to work over the reigning premier but the week off can only help those old bodies.
Will be a huge game & Skye aren’t that much different to Chelt in the old body department so depending on conditions it’s up for grabs.
Skye will be that much eager cause of the loss from last year but Chelt would love to go B2B & keep that winning winning feeling..

I couldn't agree more. This could be next year's masters grand final as well.
But even those old masters ussualy move better with the extra break. 15, 13 and the human keg 10 for chelt didn't do much against Sandown. Surely they stand up this week

So who wins it from here and who are the potential match winners from either side?

2 and 13 from Chelt and 47 and 50 from skye for me, all been a bit down can see a big game looming

My early tip is a tight one, first quarter will decide it. Skye by 2 points.

hello boys
long time no talk looks like i got it wrong after all with the dingos going out straight sets
and sandown looking tied after a long season

so it comes down to chelt vs skye yet again in the big dance
i must admit chelt have impressed me only dropping one game for the year and
look to have another gear to go too after a poor effort against sandown in their first final

skye on the other hand looked sore after their game on the weekend have done
really well to get to the big dance but might struggle if chelt come too play

for mine chelt to get out of second gear and win by 7 to 9 goals

So the big day is less than 24hrs away now & it’s come down to two, Chelt vs Skye..

A repeat of 12mth ago, can Skye turn the tables on this Chelt outfit?? Their form over the last few weeks suggests it is possible.. They will be full of confidence & pretty keen to not see a repeat of last year. Not sure how many new faces they have this year but I know it’ll be burning in the minds of the stalwarts Poore & Thorne with maybe a couple of others.

Chelt has been the yardstick all year, dropping just the one game. Although some say they were lucky in the semi against Sandown but good sides just do enough & find a way to win. I believe they have kept most of last years side & acquired a few handy players that have experience & will play their role for the team.

Could go either way here & depends on which team settles first on the big stage. I’m torn, so keen to hear what the rest of you think?

Cheers 👂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back