thomas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2000
melbourne (saints)
i know it easy to forget that thomas is a first time coach and he has a lot to learn over the next couple of years but i must admit i am getting sick of him spurting out all his business jargon, the term 'going forward' absolutely drives me nuts. when is he going to talk about how the the players are going to learn how to take the correct option instead of constantly turn over the ball.

i applaud him for his efforts to bring the team together and create an atmosphere of comeradery that has been lacking over the years but he mustn't lose sight of the fact that a lot of these players need to work on their skills.

this weeks game will be a true test for the coach and our side. we are playing a side with similar credentials to ourselves so a good performance is an absolute must. i shudder to think what will happen if we get thrashed at kardinia park.

dal santo must play and clarke showed enough last week to start the game on the ground and not the bench. a much more vigorous approach is needed from everyone in the team. the inclusion of steven lawrance is a plus but you have to question his tolerance to injury when he is only out one week due to tendonitis, i'm sure if it was burkey he would have played.

begley has been in good form in the 2nds and he has to show something soon or else it's curtains for him. i would also like to see montagna get a game ahead of voss and oliver should be in to replace knobel. i can take a loss if i see constant improvement in our youngsters. i am also a little concerned that kossi looked extremely proppy last week, the club has to ease him into football this year and should not do anything that may cause any long term harm.

i want the same attack on the footy that we showed against carlton and the first 1/2 against the shockers, anything less will be unacceptable.

go saints. :D :D

After some of the animated jargon Malcolm Blight would pull on us Grant Thomas's psychological approach is now starting to sh1t me! Ok so you have to get the off field morale (culture :rolleyes: ) happening and i appreciate him being so personal with all the fans but u can not afford to do this when u don't have results especially at a club like StKilda!

Am also upset at what i heard on 'The Couch' this morning that Grant Thomas played Justin Kositzke (* how to spell it) with a very bad back. He is 18 years old had an epidural to get out there, can barely move and ends up with 2 possesions. Stupid stupid stupid move especially when every other 'big name' is out with an injury. No doubt the players association will get on to that as Justins parents already have. I agree with Robert Walls for saying that as fans we should be questioning that instead of the margin of the loss. Not to mention playing players out of their best positions eg/Max Hudgton in the forward line when he is a back :rolleyes: and several other Tim Watson like catastrophies :mad:

Walls also made the point that when he called for the big 3 to be traded Harvey Bourke and Loewe that he was scoffed at yet now the club wouldn't get a cent for them. Think i agree with Mike Sheehan though who said that if we aren't winning games then at least there are still heroes there for the fans to look up to. hmm just HURRY BACK SPIDER i say :(

Face facts, Saints fans - you've employed a novice with business world spin doctor jargon. Having the runner out five minutes after half time with a sheet of notes is something out of amateur league.

Mission statements and buddy systems aren't going to eradicate basic football errors.

Thomas the Tank is really the Fat Controller and if Rod Butterss is really running the show.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back