Rumour Thomo selling house.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure he's just moving to a nicer one (in Adelaide), however it does make me wonder...

he wouldnt be selling now if he was planning on going to another club... although with time on the market + 120 days settlement.... hmmmm

What cammo said.
If he was going to go to another state, he'd buy the new house once he had decided where he'd go, and sell his current house in October, when he doesn't need it anymore.
He's probably going to somewhere bigger to raise a family :)

In other news, Tex bought a puppy.
In other words. He hates the Adelaide lifestyle, and is buying pets for company, for when he moves to Sydney

Tommos house was the feature in the Sunday Mail real estate section last weekend. Half page spread advertising the thing. I think it was just built for an investment to be sold. It was something like 4 bedrooms + study so I don't think he will be moving into a bigger house. Something he isn't trying to keep secret so I don't think it was really thread worthy. So its not really a rumour but a fact.

Tommos house was the feature in the Sunday Mail real estate section last weekend. Half page spread advertising the thing. I think it was just built for an investment to be sold. It was something like 4 bedrooms + study so I don't think he will be moving into a bigger house. Something he isn't trying to keep secret so I don't think it was really thread worthy. So its not really a rumour but a fact.

Correct.

The display made a point of it being Thommo's house so there's no secret there.

Very nice house indeed - should bring a good dollar. :thumbsu:

Having said all that, it did make me wonder. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Thommo signed a new contract last year.
He did but from memory it was never announced how long it was for :cool: I don't think he's going anywhere, but I did wonder why you'd build some very nice digs which were completed sometime last year, move in with your young family, only to sell up early the following year. Perhaps after stitching up his new contract this joint is beneath him and he's moving up in the world.

He did but from memory it was never announced how long it was for :cool: I don't think he's going anywhere, but I did wonder why you'd build some very nice digs which were completed sometime last year, move in with your young family, only to sell up early the following year. Perhaps after stitching up his new contract this joint is beneath him and he's moving up in the world.

If it was a Build->Sell for profit, living in it for x amount of time avoids CGT.

Not a salary cap dodge cough cough I didnt just say that did. I wonder which Crows supporter will buy..........

Nah that went out in the 90s didnt it??? Now its about buying pubs and having club sponsors mentor the guys in how to invest their money.

Pretty sure Thommo signed on for 3 years at the end of last year so he is well and truly out of GWS's reach without us agreeing to a trade.

He is not going anywhere.

I heard that too that Thommo "signed for llfe" ie he signed a three year deal (until the end of 2013). By the end of his contract he will be 31, turning 32 in March 2014, he's going nowhere.

According to all the media talk coming from GWS Thommo would be too old for them anyway. He will be 29 before the start of next season.

Also as previously stated, he wouldnt be selling at the start of the season if he is planning on moving interstate in October-7 months away.

House settlements are normally between 30 and 60 days.

Its an incredibly long bowstring to draw in linking his selling a house to have anything to do with GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back