Ticket inspectors

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is going beautifully.

Glad to see our resident king and queen of civil disobedience maintaining the rage.

If only she had bought a ticket, huh.

why do you guys care so much about money?

if people wanna steal a $3 fine is it really that bad? just let life be. it's not that important.

The girl and the inspector seems like a pretty cut and dry case of excessive and unnecessary force, from what i understand she had tried to bite him as well, still doesn't warrant a body slam.

A few months back my MyKi just straight up stopped working with $30 credit on it, the girl at my local station said "yeh thats been happening send it off to the head office and they will issue you a new one but the $30 will probably be lost" i was pretty shocked but thought oh i'll deal with that when the time comes, anyway then i said "okay so how do i get to work today when i have no MyKi" deadpan she goes "you can either fare evade and risk a fine and hope you can talk your way out of it or you can buy a new MyKi, load it up and ride" again shocked i decided just to buy a new MyKi in case (the wife needed one anyway) so i say "i'll buy one now then" girl (again deadpan) goes "i'm all out you will have to find a 7-11"...

F**************K YOU MyKi.

why do you guys care so much about money?

if people wanna steal a $3 fine is it really that bad? just let life be. it's not that important.

Who is talking about money here? The issue isn't that she fare evaded, but that she assaulted the ticket inspector.

But on the fare issue alone, if everyone thought the way you do, there wouldn't be a public transport system.

How about all us fare paying passengers steal all your s**t, $3 at a time.

I got fined for not touching on even though I had already paid for the whole day, was going back and forth between stations because I forgot something, and must've got mixed up between all the touches on and touches off, I get off in the city and was genuinely surprised to see I'd not touched on. I hoped the inspectors would just be bros about it but oh no.

I got fined for not touching on even though I had already paid for the whole day, was going back and forth between stations because I forgot something, and must've got mixed up between all the touches on and touches off, I get off in the city and was genuinely surprised to see I'd not touched on. I hoped the inspectors would just be bros about it but oh no.

That has happened to me multiple times and I have only actually been fined once. I sent a letter into the head office explaining the situation and they dropped the fine straight off. Most ticket inspectors though will let you off in that circumstance (unless you became rude, assume you didn't).

The girl and the inspector seems like a pretty cut and dry case of excessive and unnecessary force, from what i understand she had tried to bite him as well, still doesn't warrant a body slam.

A few months back my MyKi just straight up stopped working with $30 credit on it, the girl at my local station said "yeh thats been happening send it off to the head office and they will issue you a new one but the $30 will probably be lost" i was pretty shocked but thought oh i'll deal with that when the time comes, anyway then i said "okay so how do i get to work today when i have no MyKi" deadpan she goes "you can either fare evade and risk a fine and hope you can talk your way out of it or you can buy a new MyKi, load it up and ride" again shocked i decided just to buy a new MyKi in case (the wife needed one anyway) so i say "i'll buy one now then" girl (again deadpan) goes "i'm all out you will have to find a 7-11"...

Back in the change over period of the ticketing systems that was how things where done. As the cracks in the system became apparent (and fixed) they changed the procedures for situations such as this. If you go to a premium station they will now fix that up for you. At least they did with me. I topped up but the money did not go on the card. Went to a ticket window and it was a faulty card. Got a new card with all the money left on the card and the money I topped up with.

Like seriously what the ****.... As i said earlier in this thread, the "powers" the ticket inspectors have is creating a volatile situation which is precarious. The people that choose this job are pretty much unqualified for any other job, it's the lowest of the low jobs yet they have been given powers to "arrest" people and physically detain them.... riiiiight, we'll see where this ends. :rolleyes:

An absolute ludicrous situation. Those inspectors should go back on the dole.

Maybe he should try his hand at being completely depressed in a shitty IT job instead.

This kind of situation is why the Libs should never have got rid of the disposable short-term mykis. Baffling decision

4113274839_db113ef4b1.jpg

Weren't the short term tickets and machines supposed to be more problematic than Myki? I don't remember all the details though, so please feel free to correct me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those short term tickets make good bookmarks. I have a stack in my bedside table in case I lose the one i'm using :p

Didn't realise you were a train ride away from KFC.

Anyone thinks that inspector was justified in spear tackling/body slamming that girl is completely missing the point. Obviously she was in the wrong with her punching and biting, but you cannot say that that bloke couldn't have restrained that girl in any other manner. It was absolutely disgraceful and it probably came from this preconceived notion that they have where they view fare evaders as "criminals". I say this due to that pathetic spiel they give you when issuing a fine as though you've been arrested by a cop. Doesn't mean people should be fare evading, but flog inspectors coupled with a s**t system that exists to catch commuters out shouldn't miss out on copping some, if not much of the blame.

You got some terrible advice sending it to head office.

I had this problem and took it to the window at Parliament Station, they gave me a new myki, did some work and said the balance would be transferred in about 5 working days, which it was. Ok had to put money on it there and then but no problem getting a new card.

When it actually failed I actually got pulled up by the ticket inspectors, told them what happened and 2 of them tried to read the card and failed. They asked me where I was getting off told them Parliament and they said what to do, no fine and good advice, I might of got lucky on the second part but they were fine with it, obviously something that is happening a bit now.

You got some terrible advice sending it to head office.

I had this problem and took it to the window at Parliament Station, they gave me a new myki, did some work and said the balance would be transferred in about 5 working days, which it was. Ok had to put money on it there and then but no problem getting a new card.

When it actually failed I actually got pulled up by the ticket inspectors, told them what happened and 2 of them tried to read the card and failed. They asked me where I was getting off told them Parliament and they said what to do, no fine and good advice, I might of got lucky on the second part but they were fine with it, obviously something that is happening a bit now.

Yeh i think mine was one of the first of a bunch that failed and they obviously sorted out a way to deal with it. Inspectors etc really are a case by case proposition.

Been living in Melbourne for three days now. Myki system so far has been fairly straightforward (have been catching the train from Jordanville to the city). Got a couple of trams in the city and didn't bother touching on or off as a lot of people weren't. Only thing that stumped me was that the two hour cap counts for the whole day, not just each trip.

Been living in Melbourne for three days now. Myki system so far has been fairly straightforward (have been catching the train from Jordanville to the city). Got a couple of trams in the city and didn't bother touching on or off as a lot of people weren't. Only thing that stumped me was that the two hour cap counts for the whole day, not just each trip.
It takes out of towners to actually stick up for Myki. The system isn't that bad. It's like when the other week, the city loop wasn't running because some mental case was walking around on the tracks. People were going off at Parliament Station, saying how inept the Metro is. How is it their fault? How do you get someone off the tracks? You can't send workers down there to get him because, no matter the precautions, the risk of someone being killed is still there. And of course the heat is going to strew the arrival times a bit late. People expect a pretty complicated set of systems to be flawless. It's a bit like how Melburnians hate Etihad but everyone outside of it loves everything about it.

And tram inspectors are mostly power tripping w***ers. And train inspectors are wannabe cops in their Target jeans and Saucony shoes. They're twats but how many figures of "power" like that aren't total twats? Just be realistic and expect w***ery.

Anyone know what the fine for not having a concession card for a concession myki is? Have been waiting to sort my concesh out but due to difficulties haven't been able to, and didn't want to buy two different cards so just got concession from the start. And, how long does it take for forms to be processed and a card sent to you?

Sent from *james *hird's IPhone. Better go, Dank is calling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back