Mystery Titanic Tourist Submarine Lost * Found as Debris

Remove this Banner Ad

* A debris field has been found near the Titanic and is being analyzed. If it's the Titan, it will appear there was an implosion.

Carrying four billionaires and Stockton Rush OceanGate CEO, the submarine lost all communications shortly in to the dive to the wreck of the Titanic. The name of the operating company OceanGate is well primed for conspiracies as a start.

What happened?

Of course, we hope they're found bobbing about on top somewhere soon.

UPDATE:

candle.gif

Last edited:

This is shockingly sad! Imagine being down there knowing you have less than 40 hours of oxygen left and no help in hell of being rescued! What must they be thinking? (if they are still alive).

Less than 30 hours I think now which is still a bit over one day on the up side and sounds a bit better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This journalist who's been in the Titan on invite to do a story, he says he was impressed that there's six or seven ways to get back to the surface. The sub can release ballast, propellors that push up, an airbag .. many ways if he didn't list all of them, even if the power goes out.

So there may have been a sudden, catastrophic incident such as an implosion or it caved in and fell apart. I'll assume that if that was the case, then in a small mercy, death would be fast and without much warning it was coming.

Another scientist in this interview retells of going down in the submersible and being caught up in a sudden strong current which pushed their sub in to one of the giant propellors where they were wedged and at risk of a hard wedge they couldn't get out of. He thought they were going to die.

It's so dangerous.

This sub is being controlled by a Logitech game controller and parts from a local camping store. How can a sub be allowed for such depths with this type of equipment? Yet these rich dudes payed $250,000 for a seat?

I can't speak for the quality of the whole sub, but using game controllers for these sorts of things is common practice and not at all unusual.

Interesting topic, probably belongs in GD unless there's a possibility of foul play. My guess is they went below the crush depth. A whistleblower said one of the windows was a weak point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back