Summer Tokyo 2021 Basketball Thread - August 7 When We Got Bronze

Will Australia win a medal in the mens and womens tournament?

• Men yes women yes

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • Men yes women no

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Men no women yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Men no women no

Votes: 11 13.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seven showing the last plays of Spain 2016 bronze medal game. That bail out call on Rudy Fernandez when Mills was standing with arms straight up was a joke, then Matty Neilsen throwing the ball away on the last possession. So frustrating!

Edit: Sergio Rodriguez, not Rudy F and might have been David Anderson, not Matty Nielsen? Smalll screen up on laptop while doing other work

Seven showing the last plays of Spain 2016 bronze medal game. That bail out call on Rudy Fernandez when Mills was standing with arms straight up was a joke, then Matty Neilsen throwing the ball away on the last possession. So frustrating!

Edit: Sergio Rodriguez, not Rudy F and might have been David Anderson, not Matty Nielsen? Smalll screen up on laptop while doing other work
Yep, Anderson

Shouldn't have been on the floor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most nervous I've been in quite some time. I just hope they give it everything and the basketball gods are with us today.

We’ll need Brooklyn star Mills and Spurs star Jock Landale to be at their best today
I don't make the rules but I believe if we knock them out today then Mills, Ingles, Thybulle, Landale, and whoever else makes an NBA roster form the Aussie team gets to take the spots in the All Star game/ All NBA team this year of any US player who plays today.

Everything would have to go right for Australia in such an important match, and as we know that rarely happens! They would want have a decent lead deep in the fourth to take the officiating out of it.

Everything would have to go right for Australia in such an important match, and as we know that rarely happens! They would want have a decent lead deep in the fourth to take the officiating out of it.

Can't help but think about how useful ben simmons could be in the paint right now.
I wonder what he's up to at the moment?

Stuffing his face with meat pies in the bahamas or something?

I think our lack of height and size is about to be brutally exploited.

Back