Flogstradamus Tom Boyd Deal Haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans do with Buddy so will be interesting to see.
Bit different because Buddy was a FA signing I think. Mutual agreement that his 2019 salary will be reduced and his 2020 and 2021 salary not paid, according to the Bulldogs website.

Depression is a **** of a thing.

Retired.

Was he worth 9M? Do the bulldogs have to pay the whole contract out?
He signed for $6.2m, and he's just foregone part of this years' contract and the final two years.

Best of luck Tom and thank you for the flag.

He signed for $6.2m, and he's just foregone part of this years' contract and the final two years.

Even $6.2M is an expensive potato

Wish him well with his struggle with depression

Will boydshow change his name now? Maybe he can go back to Boydogs.

I didn't realise Tom was one of the umpires.

Even $6.2M is an expensive potato

Wish him well with his struggle with depression
Well he probably cost $4m over the journey and won us a flag.

I'd pay $4m for a flag any day of the week.

So, Tom is pretty young, obviously has enough cash to relax and hopefully get on top of his Demons

What if he feels like returning in say 2021? Do the Dogs automatically get a crack at him or can he move to a more successful club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a better Dog than he was a Felafel, good luck to him. I wouldnt have minded retiring at 23, looks like I'll have to wait until I'm 93.

I like how Bulldogs supporters carry on like Boyd won the flag himself, it was their other players and the umpires who did most of the heavy lifting that year.

Without them they wouldn't have even played finals let alone played in a GF.

How many MVPs, All Australians and B&Fs did Boyd win during his career? I think Riewoldt has him comfortably covered there.

I like how Bulldogs supporters carry on like Boyd won the flag himself, it was their other players and the umpires who did most of the heavy lifting that year.

Without them they wouldn't have even played finals let alone played in a GF.

How many MVPs, All Australians and B&Fs did Boyd win during his career? I think Riewoldt has him comfortably covered there.
Classy as always Pluggs.

3 goals, 6 contested marks.
Riewoldy in 3 GFs
Boyd in 1 GF.

I think the most important numbers are:

Boyd 1
Riewoldt 0

I'll let you work out what the last ones refer to.

Classy as always Pluggs.

Riewoldy in 3 GFs
Boyd in 1 GF.

Boyd 1
Riewoldt 0

Isn't it amazing how a flag can solidify potatos to be better than champions (not saying Nick is a champion)

Then you have people like Pavlich and Fyfe who will never win a flag

Classy as always Pluggs.

Riewoldy in 3 GFs
Boyd in 1 GF.

Boyd 1
Riewoldt 0

Premierships are teams achievements, MVPs, All Australians and B&Fs are individual achievements.

Plenty of ordinary players have won premiership medals, not many ordinary players have won MVPs, AAs and B&Fs.

Premierships are teams achievements, MVPs, All Australians and B&Fs are individual achievements.

Plenty of ordinary players have won premiership medals, not many ordinary players win MVPs, AAs and B&Fs.
Not many talls have stood up on the biggest stage and delivered though, as you would be so aware.

6 contested marks. 3 goals. What a performance. Worth every cent. Certainly a better deal than whatever you're paying Hannerbury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back