News Tom Lynch - RFA, Captaincy Rescinded

Remove this Banner Ad

someone has to stand against it for the wider observers. how will you or others change behaviour if you continue on without repercussion?
No they don't. and who is to say that the behaviour needs change, as far as i can tell it's only you, and its an opinion. They aren't breaking any law, nor any term of use of the site, so although i personally would probably prefer that kind of joke/banter was toned down there is pretty much no grounds to tell them they cant, As such doing so only makes you look like a dick.

someone has to stand against it for the wider observers. how will you or others change behaviour if you continue on without repercussion?
And what makes your moral compass so superior? Why are you the self appointed champion of other peoples mindsets?

It’s laughable that you can’t see that you are exactly the type of person you claim to fight against. Pig headed in you opinions, scornful and dismissive of others, does this remind you of anyone.... Trump....Hansen... no doubt the very people you find abhorrent.

I don’t claim to be perfect and you don’t have to like what I write if fact you don’t even have to read it, the power to block is in your hands mate

Decent chance Tom will go. Too much losing in the past, and plenty of uncertainty over the future.

We are still a year or two away from knowing whether any of our draftees in the last 3 drafts will be guns, and we need a few of them to be guns to make finals. There is a chance it will come good, but that also means a chance it will not.

100% chance that I will just skip over posts that I think are crass or only funny to white teenagers from 1965. Not worth my time or energy so I move on very quickly. I call it my BigFooty tax, having to wade through drivel for stuff worth reading and thinking about.

It was frustrating for us with Gary and Prestia and Cockface too, but what is more frustrating is opposition supporters who whether they admit it or not, come in and try the whole "oh you probably won't get want you want, so you probably should be prepared to go lower" bullshit.

Yeh I appreciate that, and that's not my intention to play this down. IMO, no player is ever worth 2 firsts, it hurts too much down the track, look at Collingwood and Treloar.

Out of respect I have tried to be measured in here and tried to not come across as a campaigner.

Nobody know , risking business , before your premiership year every thing look so bad , should you keep the coach , do you had the right people to take Richmond further and look what happen now and if I am not mistaken those monkey Sen radio that criticised Richmond in 2016. are the same people praising you now .

Who believes anything anyone on SEN says... I wouldn't be quoting them for anything

Who believes anything anyone on SEN says... I wouldn't be quoting them for anything
That what I am trying to said, people going to said whatever they want , including you and me , but the end result is the most important , who could said e.g a first round pick and a player from other club is not better than a top 5 pick if the move actually take GCS TO top 8.
All I know is if GCS think that matching is the best move then just do it .

And what makes your moral compass so superior? Why are you the self appointed champion of other peoples mindsets?

It’s laughable that you can’t see that you are exactly the type of person you claim to fight against. Pig headed in you opinions, scornful and dismissive of others, does this remind you of anyone.... Trump....Hansen... no doubt the very people you find abhorrent.

I don’t claim to be perfect and you don’t have to like what I write if fact you don’t even have to read it, the power to block is in your hands mate
but that goes both ways - I've given you an answer as to why I haven't blocked you. if you feel so strongly, why haven't you blocked me?

No they don't. and who is to say that the behaviour needs change, as far as i can tell it's only you, and its an opinion. They aren't breaking any law, nor any term of use of the site, so although i personally would probably prefer that kind of joke/banter was toned down there is pretty much no grounds to tell them they cant, As such doing so only makes you look like a dick.
literally I am the one saying the behaviour needs to change. you might not like what I'm saying, but I've been incredibly clear and direct with my intent.

you are saying that you agree with me (that it needs to be toned down) yet you start silent and that I am vocal and look like a dick. so we agree. your actions evoke no response (fair enough). mine do. if that makes me a dick then I'll wear that badge with honour on my forehead.

Yeh I appreciate that, and that's not my intention to play this down. IMO, no player is ever worth 2 firsts, it hurts too much down the track, look at Collingwood and Treloar.

Out of respect I have tried to be measured in here and tried to not come across as a campaigner.

How dare you come back in here and be reasonable and considerate, I’ve had enough of this circus I’m off to have a beer or ten*

*would have had them anyway

but that goes both ways - I've given you an answer as to why I haven't blocked you. if you feel so strongly, why haven't you blocked me?
I do feel strongly about being attacked for having an opinion, the difference between you and I is I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion but I draw the line at censorship and bullying

Make no mistake your insistence that others change to meet your standards is just that.

Totally agree. Not all posts meet my standards, but c'mon, not everyone's has the same outlook on life as I do. This is a forum where everyone should feel free to express their own opinion. You, Weller Over Dew have expressed yours, and guess what, I don't agree with it, but I have no intention of asking you to desist from expressing it. If I don't agree with it, that's fine, I move on. But for some reason, and I haven't a clue what that reason is, you seem to think, by your posts, that we should all bow to your way of looking at things, as your view is the only correct one.
Mate, if someone's view doesn't sit well with yours, move on....because we all don't have the same outlook on life as you......

Can we please focus on talking about the SUNS. This is a forum for all to speak their mind on the topic of the suns. Leave the moderation of offensive comments to the moderators. Otherwise report or block offensive comments.

I do feel strongly about being attacked for having an opinion, the difference between you and I is I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion but I draw the line at censorship and bullying

Make no mistake your insistence that others change to meet your standards is just that.
you are very allowed to have your opinion and I explicitly contest that I ever bullied you or ever intimated that you couldn't express your opinion.

once again I've been very clear in my intent - in my opinion comments such as those referenced are non-inclusive of females, on the edge of offensive, but certainly not welcoming and not a reflection of our community.

by your standards am I not allowed to express this opinion every time you express yours?

Totally agree. Not all posts meet my standards, but c'mon, not everyone's has the same outlook on life as I do. This is a forum where everyone should feel free to express their own opinion. You, Weller Over Dew have expressed yours, and guess what, I don't agree with it, but I have no intention of asking you to desist from expressing it. If I don't agree with it, that's fine, I move on. But for some reason, and I haven't a clue what that reason is, you seem to think, by your posts, that we should all bow to your way of looking at things, as your view is the only correct one.
Mate, if someone's view doesn't sit well with yours, move on....because we all don't have the same outlook on life as you......
if you feel as though posts don't meet your standards, you should call them out. if you don't, the behaviour will continue. if you are comfortable with this, then good for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we please focus on talking about the SUNS. This is a forum for all to speak their mind on the topic of the suns. Leave the moderation of offensive comments to the moderators. Otherwise report or block offensive comments.
I am not moderating and as Iva's post outlines, everyone is free to express themselves.

ironically your post is in beach of the guidelines it purports.

Cochrane has shown his "line in the sand" is players leaving without adequate compensation for us
While there was much handwringing in the AFL trading department about his handling of the Prestia and O'Cockface deals, what happened when he was politely sidelined by Evans et al last year?
We promptly got reamed by Freo with Weller
I want Tony back and Cocky at the table if Lynch decides to go staring down those slimy weasley oh so superior dicks from south of the Murray

you are very allowed to have your opinion

by your standards am I not allowed to express this opinion every time you express yours?
There is a difference between expressing an opinion and attacking others for having a different one. If you can’t see that despotic or communistic way of thinking then that is your issue to work through and I wish you success on doing so.

There is a difference between expressing an opinion and attacking others for having a different one. If you can’t see that despotic or communistic way of thinking then that is your issue to work through and I wish you success on doing so.
but we are not arguing a point of discussion are we?
your posts objectively use innuendo. you are not expressing an opinion here?

I have to imagine Tom watched last nights horror show and went home to Olivia and said "baby I think we are moving to Melbourne, this club has a looong way to go"
Only 1% of men his age with what he has ahead of him in terms of offers would turn their back on the likelihood of playing in a GF or at least finals, huge crowds, media profile and be around family for the rest of his career
If he says to himself I cant leave and need to stay here and guide this team through to being competitive he would be "Dalai Lama" like in terms of commitment and selflessness
I think its too much to ask of him to give up what is being thrown at him in Melbourne to stay and work through our journey to being a top 8 side
I hope he does and I wish he would but common sense tells me it can't happen now
It will be interesting because he hasn't done as much for us in '17 and '18 other than the Carlton game like he did prior but I think the less obvious issue is the confidence our team would have knowing he is not up forward anymore and that he chose to leave

Last edited:
I have to imagine Tom watched last nights horror show and went home to Olivia and said "baby I think we are moving to Melbourne, this club has a looong way to go"
Only 1% of men his age with what he has ahead of him in terms of offers would turn their back on the likelihood of playing in a GF or at least finals, huge crowds, media profile and be around family for the rest of his career
If he says to himself I cant leave and need to stay here and guide this team through to being competitive he would be "Dalai Lama" like in terms of commitment and selflessness
I think its too much to ask of him to give up what is being thrown at him in Melbourne to stay and work through our journey to being a top 8 side
I hope he does and I wish he would but common sense tells me it can't happen now
It will be interesting because he hasn't done as much for us in ;17 and '18 other than the Carlton game like he did prior but I think the less obvious issue is the confidence our team would have knowing he is not up forward anymore and that he chose to leave

I actually think there are a lot of men who believe in loyalty and seeing things through.......much higher than 1%.
There is to be no goodwill shown to deserters.

It will be interesting because he hasn't done as much for us in ;17 and '18 other than the Carlton game like he did prior but I think the less obvious issue is the confidence our team would have knowing he is not up forward anymore and that he chose to leave
I think you’re spot on, we could hardly blame him.

but we are not arguing a point of discussion are we?
your posts objectively use innuendo. you are not expressing an opinion here?
If you want to continue then PM me I think everyone is sick of reading this stuff, I know I am

It will be interesting because he hasn't done as much for us in '17 and '18 other than the Carlton game like he did prior but I think the less obvious issue is the confidence our team would have knowing he is not up forward anymore and that he chose to leave

Yeah spot on Thurls , Lynchy owes us nothing , he has given us 8 years of his life with appalling results , if someone is offering him huge money and success I simply cannot blame him , if he turns his back in that and stays he will have legend status here . I dare say next week when we have the bye he will ply to Melb to see family and talk to manager and clubs down there , so hopefully some answers coming our way soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back