Mega Thread Tony Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest Rudd & Labor deserve to be tossed out of that i have no doubt just it's unfortunate that the benefactor of that happening just happens to be a party led by a man who has proven to me on numerous occasions to be a false person who changes tack whenever it suits his political needs, not to forget the guy acts like an idiot whenever the church bells ring louder than usual.

We shall see what the future holds for us in the next year or so.

Rudd absolutely deserves to be kicked out but there's no way known Abbott deserves to get in.

One more term of Labor, finish a couple more reforms and get Turnbull in to consolidate our country's strong position.

We all understand that Abbott isn't the best, but he appears to be simply not as bad a Rudd/Gillard

There is simply no basis to sustain that assumption.

The economy us strong. The nation has what it needs to sustain a period of building, but the only thing Tony has shown he can make out of bricks is brickbats.

What I was getting at is that despite the view that Abbott will run around like a kid in a toy store if he got control of both houses, what happened back in 2007, and indeed his campaign against the carbon tax, will restrict what he does.

Really?

Speaking of fanbois... Hi Cap!

Can you set me up with references with who the 'labor' fanbois are, and what the definition of "good at 'his' job" is?
Actually, what is the 'job'? Is it running the Country? Helping Australia? Or just becoming PM?

Abbott and Rudd are both fantastic at mindless voting.
Rudd is fantastic at becoming PM no matter the cost, how many people have been better at leaking and bullshitting to get the position? Please show me where these fanbois have praised his work!?

Also, your signature is very impressive! ;)
I vote independent, have for 2 or 3 elections.

I really don't understand the labor fanbois posting.

they are attacking the opposition leader for apparently not being good at his job, when they have a leader that was labelled by his own party, as not very good at his job?

We all understand that Abbott isn't the best, but he appears to be simply not as bad a Rudd/Gillard

I don't think anyone here is a Labor "fanboi" (offensive comment by the way), just people who look at policy in a rational way.

Seriously, the coalition have been saying for 3 years they have policies in the draw ready to go. Nek Minnit.... 2 days before an election they release a policy that was signed off by their leader who then claims that he didn't read it properly and it was poorly worded.

Nothing significant.... just filtering the entire internet in Australia.....

Is he incompetent or a liar?

"I read the policy last night, quickly it has to be said, and I thought it was a reference to the ability of people to get PC-based filter that’s what I thought it was,” Abbott said.
"There was a badly worded sentence or two in the document that went out or earlier today. In this particular instance, there was a failure of quality of control."

So poorly worded the entire document had to be re-written!

See if you can see where it is poorly worded or anywhere where it would give you the impression that you could "get" PC-based filter (what the * is he even talking about???)

We will introduce nationally agreed default safety standards for smartphones and other devices, and internet access services. As has recently been achieved in the United Kingdom, we expect these standards will:

• involve mobile phone operators installing adult content filters on phones which will be switched on as the default unless the customer proves he or she is at least 18 years of age; and

• involve major internet service providers providing home network filters for all new home broadband services, which will be switched on as the default unless the customer specifies otherwise.

As has recently been achieved in the UK, we expect these standards will involve the major internet service providers providing home network filters for all new home broadband services, which will be switched on as the default unless the customer specifies otherwise.

The Children’s e-Safety Commissioner will develop default safety standards for smartphones and other devices, and internet access services, within 12 months of the election.

Thanks for not answering any, of the minimum of three, absolute questions that I asked!

Also, It's equally unimpressive that you cannot remember if you voted towards an Independent for 2 or 3 times!

As per your Sig, have I flattered you enough?
The day you reach the level of intelligence to be considered a fool, I'll leave big footy.

Let's be honest Rudd & Labor deserve to be tossed out of that i have no doubt just it's unfortunate that the benefactor of that happening just happens to be a party led by a man who has proven to me on numerous occasions to be a false person who changes tack whenever it suits his political needs, not to forget the guy acts like an idiot whenever the church bells ring louder than usual.

We shall see what the future holds for us in the next year or so.
Credit where it is due, I've always had you pegged as fanboi but you've shut me up with this post.

I personally don't mind people wanting Labor kicked out. I do take issue with people who give the Coalition (or any other major party) their first vote, but I can't fault them for wanting Labor kicked out.

It is just a shame that so many feel this way that we'll get an Abbott-led Coalition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been an interested reader of the SRP board for a while as a diversion from the footy threads and all I'd like to add to this thread is that, to paraphrase Paul Keating, Tony Abbott is an "intellectual nobody with zero policy ambition". I think this is quite apt.

Now Abbott is PM, we'll have a go at ditching the megathread concept for a while. Now the Coaltion is in government I presume most of the discussion will shift from "what's he going to be like" to actually discussing policy (which will need its own thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back