The Law Tottenham Riots

Hmmm. You're obviously referring to this incident, Chief, the most stable genius,;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporals_killings

A pretty dumb, if not deliberately provocative move there especially when you consider the British Army knew exactly where those funerals would have been taking place and should have advised their squaddies accordingly.
And the result was mob mentality. Whatever the circumstances people acted out of character and lives were taken, not just Nikes and smokes.

Ordinary people do terrible things in the midst of a mob. Even people who do DIY and marry the mother of their kids.

And the result was mob mentality. Whatever the circumstances people acted out of character and lives were taken, not just Nikes and smokes.

Ordinary people do terrible things in the midst of a mob. Even people who do DIY and marry the mother of their kids.
You're confusing the recent events with this one.

Andrew Neil pointed out yesterday

“Surveys suggest that in areas like Tottenham as many as 80% families have absent/no fathers. "

Apologists went beserk.

Those Japanese just wont stop rioting. The looting post tsunami was disgraceful.
Now lets forget for a moment that they have a problem with a vast home grown criminal network, that has a hand in global drug trafficking, people smuggling, sex slavery and prostitution.

That has been involved in several large scale gun battles throughout the 90's and 2000's.

That has provided tacit support over its history to crooked politicians, allegedly been involved in political assassinations and the support of violent right wing political factions.

A country which has possibly one of the most bloody histories in regards to internal conflict, where the last half of the 19th and first half of the 20th century alternated between wholescale murder, rioting and civil war to one of the most brutal and methodical attempts at largescale colonialism the world has ever seen.

The Japanese do have a very recent history where low crime and civil order has transpired whilst maintaining their ethnic homogeneity, they also experienced one of the fastest and largest concentrations of wealth and increases in living standards that the world has ever seen.

40 years of relative peace and prosperity does not wipe out thousands of years of bloody history. The reasons why modern day Japan is the way it is, run far deeper than lack of ethnic diversity.

40 years of relative peace and prosperity does not wipe out thousands of years of bloody history. The reasons why modern day Japan is the way it is, run far deeper than lack of ethnic diversity.

This may be so, however, it is also incorrect to say that this has nothing to do with ethnic homogenity or diversity. See violent crime rates in the UK and you will see that certain ethnic groups / nationalities are grossly over represented.

This point was made by Rod Liddle recently. Predictably the Guardianistas almost went in to melt down.

On stand by?

:eek:
I suspect the current response might be the correct response.

Show a heavy hand and prepare for resistance.

It also sends a message given current events in the middle east, "see you and I are very different".

Not sure how long it will last though, don't forget that the longer they hold off and the more the public outcry any "crackdown" or post riot response will be given greater legitimacy.

Yes, Irish Catholics are fair game but others have to be treated with kid gloves.

Clearly.

I just dont get the argument that a 'heavy handed' approach from Police etc is going to make matters worse.

Arent things bad enough already?

I would suggest that the police and army could shut this thing down almost immediately if only the testicles were there.

Some rubber bullets, some live ammo for those game enough to bring there own toys along, some tear gas, some water cannons, some APCs, some dogs.....those little pricks will learn whose really in charge of England soon enough.

Do you think punishment and rehabilitation is for the courts to work through or should the police do the 'teaching' while all parties are hyped up?

IMO the police should control and arrest, then give the offenders over to the courts.

Otherwise what are you doing? Creating the conditions for deaths and violent assaults?

Do you think punishment and rehabilitation is for the courts to work through or should the police do the 'teaching' while all parties are hyped up?

Back in the day the old bobbies will tell you that a good clip around the ears was all they needed........They'll tell you the courts are soft.. History books will tell you that they sent them out here on boats,

But its uncanny that whats happened is part of English culture and folklore and just keeps reoccuring, its what they do and have done....and will.

What I do know that the current goverment is out of touch, suffice to say there response will be.

In the old days they would have simply massacred as many as they could get their hands on before the peasants had the good sense to scatter into the forest, then hanged, drawn and quartered the ringleaders, and after all that sat down and actually addressed the underlying issues.

Clearly.

I just dont get the argument that a 'heavy handed' approach from Police etc is going to make matters worse.

Arent things bad enough already?

I would suggest that the police and army could shut this thing down almost immediately if only the testicles were there.

Some rubber bullets, some live ammo for those game enough to bring there own toys along, some tear gas, some water cannons, some APCs, some dogs.....those little pricks will learn whose really in charge of England soon enough.
Great idea, treating segments of the population as enemies and others as potential threats.

You are advocating the wholesale violence and repression much loved by dictatorial regimes.

It would only promote further civil unrest, where the threat and use of state sanctioned violence is used to maintain "order", perhaps dissolving into a state of constant or intermittent civil disobedience.

The problems in the UK start at the top, the riots are merely a symptom of a greater sickness.

Wow, how disingenuous. London has a long history of riots, well before the advent of multiculturalism. You know that.

London has a long history of immigration. Nonetheless you can hardly compare G7 protests and the poll tax riot to the Brixton riots. Absurd to even try to do so.

Regardless the facts speak for themselves re crime statistics and ethnicity. It is not hard to draw conclusions. Unless of course one believes it is somehow an amazing coincidence or it is just all down to racism.

This is the most concerning bit of David Camerons speech yesterday on moral and ethical corruption.

We need to have a clearer code of values and standards that we expect people to live by and stronger penalties if they cross the line. Restoring a stronger sense of responsibility across our society in every town in every street in ever estate is something I am determined to do.

Hows the phone hacking scandal going? I really think that moraly and ethicaly he and his mates were knee deep in that mud......the penalties?

Hypocrite.

London has a long history of immigration. Nonetheless you can hardly compare G7 protests and the poll tax riot to the Brixton riots. Absurd to even try to do so.

Regardless the facts speak for themselves re crime statistics and ethnicity. It is not hard to draw conclusions. Unless of course one believes it is somehow an amazing coincidence or it is just all down to racism.

I'm talking way back to Wat Tyler and such. Always happened. Britain and the continent love a good riot and revolt.

Jesus, these riots are nothing. When the French did it, they were amazing. If Cameron is being guillotined by yardies I'll take your point, but to me it's just typical thugs being thugs.

Back