Tour De France 2014 Stage 12: Bourg-en-Bresse - Saint Etienne

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest thing to come out of last night was Andrew Talansky's horrible ride. He lost over 32' and is now obviously well out of GC contention. Tinkoff showed their new plan in going for stage victories, with Nocholas Roche and Michael Rogers having a crack. Great ride by Tony Gallopin to win, but the GC remains reasonably unchanged with only Talansky and Rui Costa losing any time.

Stage 12: Bourg-en-Bresse - Saint Etienne

Current Jersey Leaders
Yellow:
Vincenzo Nibail (AST)
White: Romain Bardet (ALM)
Green: Peter Sagan (CAN)
Polkadot: Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Lantern Rouge: Ji Cheng (GSH)
Team: AG2R La Mondiale

Map-12-299x440.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

General Classification after Stage 11
ITA 1 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA) 46:59:23
AUS 2 PORTE, Richie (SKY) + 2:23
ESP 3 VALVERDE BELMONTE, Alejandro (MOVISTAR) + 2:47
FRA 4 BARDET, Romain (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 3:01
FRA 5 GALLOPIN, Tony (LOTTO BELISOL) + 3:12
FRA 6 PINOT, Thibaut (FDJ.fr) + 3:47
USA 7 VAN GARDEREN, Tejay (BMC RACING) + 3:56
FRA 8 PERAUD, Jean-Christophe (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 3:57
NED 9 MOLLEMA, Bauke (BELKIN) + 4:08
BEL 10 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (LOTTO BELISOL) + 4:18

Though the profile of tonight's stage suggest it is hilly, I don't expect this to put off the sprinter's teams. Most of the big sprinters, if not all of them, should make it to the finish with the bunch. Including this stage, there are only really 4 stages left for the sprinters, so I expect them to make the most of this one. Andre Greipel for me.

Watch for: Lotto Belisol and Giant Shimano to do a majority of the pacemaking.

Conversation regarding past cases of PED use or innuendo surrounding current riders will not be tolerated. This thread is specifically about Stage 12 of the 2014 Tour de France, so let's keep it that way.

Talansky. Should have abandonded yesterday.

Asked to ride alone, finished down 32 mins, took up the time of car 2, and then pulled the pin overnight. A little selfish. Should have pulled out and let car 2 do its real job, ie not babysitting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice finish shame about griepel. Will sagan win a stage this year, I cant see it, even when others drop out with crashes etc he always finds just 1 better every time.

Sagan cant beat the sprinters in a pure sprint finish, cant beat the climbers on a pure climb stage and cant beat the puncheurs on an intermediate stage. I feel for the poor fella, the term Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind. 100+ point lead in the green and a bevvy of cycling groupies hopefully fill that little void in his soul.

Sagan cant beat the sprinters in a pure sprint finish, cant beat the climbers on a pure climb stage and cant beat the puncheurs on an intermediate stage. I feel for the poor fella, the term Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind. 100+ point lead in the green and a bevvy of cycling groupies hopefully fill that little void in his soul.
24, on his way to his 3rd green jersey and 4 previous tour stage wins under his belt, I'm sure he must be crying himself to sleep at night :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back