Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Trial of Rajwinder Singh

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh geez I thought it was an article on here. I’ll have a look but was in the pre trial.
Post 359, The Cairns Post “Mr Angus grilled Mr Cuman about the trip to Spring Creek Falls, and took him to task saying he hadn’t mentioned to police that he had returned to Spring Creek Falls on October 23 and retrieved Jersey.”

Post 359, The Cairns Post “Mr Angus grilled Mr Cuman about the trip to Spring Creek Falls, and took him to task saying he hadn’t mentioned to police that he had returned to Spring Creek Falls on October 23 and retrieved Jersey.”
I misread (no joke) that quote of mine as him having retrieved his clothing (a Jersey/top) from Spring Creek Fall.

The whole Jersey episode sounds really sus.

I misread (no joke) that quote of mine as him having retrieved his clothing (a Jersey/top) from Spring Creek Fall.

The whole Jersey episode sounds really sus.
Really sus. I’ve never quite got the bit about TC’s dog tied up close to her neither instead of him being loose. Just another way for them to easily find her and if they tied him up because they thought he’d be vicious I’d think they would have been too scared to go near him and tie him up. It’s all bizarre.

Really sus. I’ve never quite got the bit about TC’s dog tied up close to her neither instead of him being loose. Just another way for them to easily find her and if they tied him up because they thought he’d be vicious I’d think they would have been too scared to go near him and tie him up. It’s all bizarre.
If Jersey (Marco's dog) had been with Marco when he allegedly stopped off at the beach on the way back to Cairns from allegedly being further North of the beach that day, you'd think that with Jersey and Indie also likely being canine buddies, that Jersey would have picked up Indie's scent not long after Marco and Jersey would have got out the car at the beach car park. And shortly thereafter have ran off or led Marco to where Indie was tied up (assuming Indie was tied up at that time) and then onto where Toyah was half buried in the sand nearby to where Indie was tied up.

In this scenario, Toyah's DNA or blood might have got onto Marco's dog Jersey, and vice versa for Marco's dog Jersey's DNA have gotten onto Toyah. Unless Jersey was kept on a tight leash or left in the car or tied up in the car park/beach whilst Marco searched.

Although with the relationship between all four of them (including the 2 dogs), all of each other's DNA, hairs and possibly clothing fibres were probably on/in each others bodies, clothing, cars and other belongings to begin with as part of day to day living.

Albeit with Toyah being unclothed, (hypothetically) had Jersey's DNA or saliva been found on Toyah's naked skin on parts that were normally clothed, that might have provided good evidence of when any DNA got deposited there.

Do you have a source for Jersey the dog being found 2 days later?

Locals described many of them as 'odd bods' who got up to 'deviant' sexual acts in the sand dunes where Ms Cordingley's body was found. Police said the young woman's murder was 'sexually motivated' and she suffered 'visible and violent injuries' in her murder.

they had locals take dna tests as they had a sample taken from her with unknown DNA Which clearly matchs singh.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if you are all there you quoted yourself 3 times champ and dribbling non stop each page.

Locals described many of them as 'odd bods' who got up to 'deviant' sexual acts in the sand dunes where Ms Cordingley's body was found. Police said the young woman's murder was 'sexually motivated' and she suffered 'visible and violent injuries' in her murder.

they had locals take dna tests as they had a sample taken from her with unknown DNA Which clearly matchs singh.
You’re entitled to your opinion about this case but some might like to assume innocent until found guilty, and discuss other possibilities. Why insult people? It’s the pot calling the kettle black, madjoe.

If Jersey (Marco's dog) had been with Marco when he allegedly stopped off at the beach on the way back to Cairns from allegedly being further North of the beach that day, you'd think that with Jersey and Indie also likely being canine buddies, that Jersey would have picked up Indie's scent not long after Marco and Jersey would have got out the car at the beach car park. And shortly thereafter have ran off or led Marco to where Indie was tied up (assuming Indie was tied up at that time) and then onto where Toyah was half buried in the sand nearby to where Indie was tied up.

In this scenario, Toyah's DNA or blood might have got onto Marco's dog Jersey, and vice versa for Marco's dog Jersey's DNA have gotten onto Toyah. Unless Jersey was kept on a tight leash or left in the car or tied up in the car park/beach whilst Marco searched.

Although with the relationship between all four of them (including the 2 dogs), all of each other's DNA, hairs and possibly clothing fibres were probably on/in each others bodies, clothing, cars and other belongings to begin with as part of day to day living.

Albeit with Toyah being unclothed, (hypothetically) had Jersey's DNA or saliva been found on Toyah's naked skin on parts that were normally clothed, that might have provided good evidence of when any DNA got deposited there.
BF wasn’t able to find TC even though he knew she must have been there if her car was. TC’s family soon found the dog and then TC. If the BF’s story of allegedly losing the dog, finding TC’s deserted car, not being able to find TC then her being found murdered, then finding a text that she was picking up some guy from the airport, is genuine the BF had a very bad day.

BF wasn’t able to find TC even though he knew she must have been there if her car was.
Maybe he thought Toyah and Indie had been taken out to sea by Crocs lurking in the shallows.

I wonder how extensively Police secured the crime scene and then took evidence of all the foot/footwear prints on the beach to attempt to verify the witness statements from all the POI and potential witnesses.

Particularly prints near to Toyah's body, and where Indie the dog was tied up.

And whether there was any evidence of anyone attempting to remove the foot/footwear prints.

... they had a sample taken from her with unknown DNA ...
Do you have a source or link for the above?

How wide is your definition of "her"?

Did you mean to write "her" dog (Indie) or "her" dog's lead?

Or was/is there a news article, news video or Police media conference that said that there was unknown DNA found on Toyah's body or clothing (she was reported to have been found naked)?

I read somewhere that they're hoping to find Toyah's mobile phone, keys and items of clothing.
Just came across a specific reference to Toyah's missing purse and phone, that have never been specifically reported to have been found.

'Toyah Cordingley's killer still unknown as police carry out DNA testing on Wangetti residents'

'Posted Wed 24 Oct 2018 at 4:00pmWednesday 24 Oct 2018 at 4:00pm, updated Wed 24 Oct 2018 at 10:01pm

Residents of a small beachside community in far north Queensland are undergoing DNA testing as police search for a young woman's killer.
A police spokesman confirmed the testing was "standard procedure".
Police divers have been searching the ocean and forensics officers from Brisbane have been scouring the crime scene, looking for any personal items belonging to Ms Cordingley, including a purse and a phone, the ABC understands.
...'

This is getting really interesting. For the police to pay out the reward already they must be extremely confident of a conviction but we all know how reliable QPOL are with DNA.

Looking forward to more coming out as the trial goes on and hopefully being able to give TC family so peace. Can’t imagine how traumatising it is to hear defence lawyers drag every skeleton out of your lost family member, particurlarly child’s closet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is getting really interesting. For the police to pay out the reward already they must be extremely confident of a conviction but we all know how reliable QPOL are with DNA.

Looking forward to more coming out as the trial goes on and hopefully being able to give TC family so peace. Can’t imagine how traumatising it is to hear defence lawyers drag every skeleton out of your lost family member, particurlarly child’s closet.
I think the reward was specific to Singh, wasn't it?

I think the reward was specific to Singh, wasn't it?

Not sure. Usually it’s linked to a conviction. Would look it up but cbf

in November 2022, the Queensland Police Service (QPS) and the Australian High Commissioner to India announced a $1 million reward for information leading to the location and arrest of Rajwinder Singh, 39.

Doesn't seem like it was related to a conviction, just the arrest.

Hard to imagine how any of that could possibly happen, if the dog Jersey wasn't retrived until 2 days afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back