Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Opposition supporters:

Feel free to come on and post/chat/suggest trades. However do so at your own risk. It is understandable that all clubs want a trade to swing slightly in their favour. We are all guilty of it. But anything seen to be baiting, trolling or just downright stupid will be dealt with by myself or exile swiftly and harshly. And it will be at moderators discretion. Don't say you were not warned

This includes devaluing certain players due to injuries or their want to leave the state.

SUNS Supporters:

When the flogs come, which they have, and will continue to do, deal with them the right way. If you cant tell them to F**k off with a bit of class then don't say anything. There is a report button there, USE IT. No one on here (except Experimental) is immune to me or Exile throwing down the ban hammer. If you retaliate or take the bait from the douchelords, you deserve a ban as much as them!

BANNED FLOGS COUNT THIS TRADE PERIOD
I I I

NEW PLAYERS

Feel free to add a welcome page for any new players. Just make sure it is in the right place. Our house of the rising SUNS sub board :)

Was looking at Essendons out of contract end of 2016.
Not much to like at all really..
Cale Hooker would be a nice pick up

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/current-contract-status-updated-in-op.1042043/

Was looking at Essendons out of contract end of 2016.
Not much to like at all really..
Cale Hooker would be a nice pick up

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/current-contract-status-updated-in-op.1042043/

Don't worry about whether they are in or out of contracts - they may as well be written on toilet paper for all they are worth to Essendon. Each one of those players are gettable and should be able to void their contracts, and even if legally they couldn't the AFL and the AFLPA would certainly allow it.

Wasn't happy that other clubs were trying to get some of our players on the cheap.
Not happy that we are talking about trying to get another clubs's players on the cheap.

If someone wants to leave and we pay a fair price, all good.
Otherwise I will just skip over the post.

Wasn't happy that other clubs were trying to get some of our players on the cheap.
Not happy that we are talking about trying to get another clubs's players on the cheap.

If someone wants to leave and we pay a fair price, all good.
Otherwise I will just skip over the post.

Fair price? Zac smith walked to Geelong for a half eaten hamburger.
The media were saying no chance a deal could get done, they have nothing left, oh hold on. Just this half eaten hamburger.
That'll do it.

You get what you can when you can :D

'you never get what you feel you deserve..you get what you have the leverage to negotiate' Jalen Rose

See Harley Bennell and Zac Smith - we copped it sweet when we got bent over (BF supporters squealed like pigs but the club copped it sweet). AFL works in cycles and if it isn't us getting in there to pick at the carcass it will be other clubs, as everyone will be smelling the blood in the water.

Essendon the football club don't deserve any mercy (that should be saved for their players and their supporters) - they are a rabble and negligent.

I'm sure we will be more fair than most clubs, especially give Dordoro's reputation as an easy man to deal with at the trade table - he will still be required to drop his pants for us though like everyone else.

I tend to think Suns would be a great landing place for disenfranchised bomber - promising list, sunshine, new facilities and being able to get the hell out of Melbourne spotlight.

You're keen, Ben!

The only players worth having a real crack at would be Heppell, Hurley and Hooker. My thoughts are:

Hurley: Bulldogs and Hawks would be favourites - Bulldogs based on need and being a Northern suburbs boy; Hawks based on getting their man more often than most

Hooker: Fremantle - based on need and go home factor

Heppell: Highest bidder - is a Vic Country boy so could go anywhere

BD - I was about to correct you on that deleted post before you removed it haha

The only players worth having a real crack at would be Heppell, Hurley and Hooker. My thoughts are:

Hurley: Bulldogs and Hawks would be favourites - Bulldogs based on need and being a Northern suburbs boy; Hawks based on getting their man more often than most

Hooker: Fremantle - based on need and go home factor

Heppell: Highest bidder - is a Vic Country boy so could go anywhere

Absolutely despises travel.. More than any other player in the AFL. Severe phobia of flying. Wont move interstate IMO for that reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be shocked if some clubs sign players for below their market value and players attempt to make up the rest by sueing Essendon for a loss in potential value from not playing for a year. Theirs precedence of this occurring in other sports.

I wouldn't be shocked if some clubs sign players for below their market value and players attempt to make up the rest by sueing Essendon for a loss in potential value from not playing for a year. Theirs precedence of this occurring in other sports.
The guilty finding makes it harder for players to win any claim against Essendon .
Why do you think the AFLPA is looking for a mutually negotiated compo package with AFL and Essendon The players have been found to be at fault ( admittedly with Essendon as well) so have contibuted themselves to any reduction in their value / reputation .

The guilty finding makes it harder for players to win any claim against Essendon .
Why do you think the AFLPA is looking for a mutually negotiated compo package with AFL and Essendon The players have been found to be at fault ( admittedly with Essendon as well) so have contibuted themselves to any reduction in their value / reputation .

If Essendon wanted to take that argument not only would they instantly lose those 12 players they will forever be known as not only the drug cheat club but also the club that imploded by turning on its own players to cover their ass. As much as there may be merit in such an argument they may as well shut the doors if they had the audacity to take this stance.

If Essendon wanted to take that argument not only would they instantly lose those 12 players they will forever be known as not only the drug cheat club but also the club that imploded by turning on its own players to cover their ass. As much as there may be merit in such an argument they may as well shut the doors if they had the audacity to take this stance.
Essendon won't take that stance - its insurers will. Legally the guilty verdict ( if it stands ) will limit claims - which is why AFLPA wants negotiated settlenent
Essendon won't be doing it - so no loss of face there But will save them from potentially going broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back