Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by brent33brett33
dean brogan got 1 match.
bah! thats just wrong!

Well looks like Ladey has won the battle for backup ruckman (for the first week anyway).

I haven't seen the incident, nor the Carr one, but most seemed to think Brogan would get a game so i guess not overly suprising.

They actually showed both incidents on TV tonight.
From what I saw, penalties are about what was expected.
Even though they were nothing at all like the Freo mob have been bleating, they were both late.

i've seen it on the news a few times, looks like nothing. dont even know why he was reported, if anything, should have been a 50m against him at the most.

dean said today that it was basically nothing. didnt seem too positive though.

but oh well. that's the afl for ya!

Originally posted by brent33brett33
i've seen it on the news a few times, looks like nothing. dont even know why he was reported, if anything, should have been a 50m against him at the most.

dean said today that it was basically nothing. didnt seem too positive though.

but oh well. that's the afl for ya!
If what they showed on TV was the right incident, I don't think he would be too unhappy with the outcome.
Not that it deserved more, but going to the tribunal can be a bit of a lottery.

I just saw the footage of the Carr incident on Sports Tonight - is that the only footage? If so, Carr's definitely been screwed.

Originally posted by Porthos
I just saw the footage of the Carr incident on Sports Tonight - is that the only footage? If so, Carr's definitely been screwed.

That's it. He was only reported after Rick Lewis interviewed Carr and Bell. So basically he was reported on Bell's evidence.

According to the paper Bell told Lewis:

I felt a hefty hit to the back left side of my head, I weakened in the legs and at the same time I immediately looked to my left and saw Josh Carr back-pedalling away.

He added more indicating that the blow was what caused the damage (hee needed stitches) and was supported in that assertion by Troy Cook but that was the basic tenor.

Here's an article from the Advertiser site .

question: with carr not being able to play round 1 and 2 does this mean he cant get the brownlow? you know if he could get it, he cant right? or is it not in because it was thru the trial match?

he should just miss the carlton game...stupid afl!

Originally posted by _espoir
question: with carr not being able to play round 1 and 2 does this mean he cant get the brownlow? you know if he could get it, he cant right? or is it not in because it was thru the trial match?

he should just miss the carlton game...stupid afl!

I'm only guessing ... but I'd assume that he is still eligible for the 2003 Brownlow because the actual offence did not occur during the 2003 H&A season. Same as someone rubbed out the year before carrying a suspension into the new season.

Of course the AFL has beaten logic before ... ;)

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
I'm only guessing ... but I'd assume that he is still eligible for the 2003 Brownlow because the actual offence did not occur during the 2003 H&A season. Same as someone rubbed out the year before carrying a suspension into the new season.

Of course the AFL has beaten logic before ... ;)

logic? haha... good if so thats okay ... thank you!

Originally posted by nurries
Read this last bit....Josh Carr CAUGHT ON VIDEO for allegedly striking Peter Bell. Nothing to do with Belly.

So this was nothing to do with Bell?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I felt a hefty hit to the back left side of my head, I weakened in the legs and at the same time I immediately looked to my left and saw Josh Carr back-pedalling away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The advent of the AFL has certainly done away with the footballers' credo of not ratting on your mates. Now we've got Bell joining the burpman and bitchley on our list of least favourite footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mic59
So this was nothing to do with Bell?

quote:

The advent of the AFL has certainly done away with the footballers' credo of not ratting on your mates. Now we've got Bell joining the burpman and bitchley on our list of least favourite footballers.

Interesting how he also conveniently missed reading the facts again...........but not surprising given his previous posts........

Umpire Mark Fussell lodged a notice of investigation, rather than a report, because he said video footage of what happened was inconclusive.

Carr was booked by the AFL’s investigations officer Rick Lewis for striking Fremantle captain Peter Bell during the second quarter of their Wizard Regional Challenge clash at Subiaco.

Carr was booked after an AFL investigation for striking Fremantle captain Peter Bell and the Dockers did not hold back in their evidence.

Bell and team-mate Troy Cook accused Carr of the blow which forced the Docker midfielder from the field for three stitches to cuts on and around his ear.

The incident was referred to Lewis by the AFL on Tuesday morning and the charge was laid by Lewis after interviews with
both Carr and Bell.

Originally posted by Port01
finally saw the incident on TV tonight and seriously the individuals who have called that a kinghit need to have a good hard look at themselves.

I saw it last night as well, i'm still waiting for the kinghit to occur, gee this game is getting soft if that counts as a kinghit!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back