TSL licenses 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree guys absolutely staggering in one bit of marketing shambles AFL Tasmania have alienated five Huon teams and the Hobart Football Club. This third Reich does not believe in Consultation with the so called stake holders this team is supposed to represent now see this as the Kingsborough Football Club SWL edition, with no support from the Huon great start guys. For those of you who have not read the article . Where is Kingpin he would be spitting chips!!
http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2013/08/16/385715_sport-news.html

Agree guys absolutely staggering in one bit of marketing shambles AFL Tasmania have alienated five Huon teams and the Hobart Football Club. This third Reich does not believe in Consultation with the so called stake holders this team is supposed to represent now see this as the Kingsborough Football Club SWL edition, with no support from the Huon great start guys. For those of you who have not read the article . Where is Kingpin he would be spitting chips!!
http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2013/08/16/385715_sport-news.html

For what it's worth I know he was very p***ed off, as am I. I think this whole thing reeks worse, by the day.

To be simple known as the “Tigers” when people hear the scores Clarence 10 7 67 def Tigers 4 5 29. People are not going to associate the word Tigers with a district how many other teams have the sporting name Tigers it would be in the hundreds. Casual followers will think oh that must be Hobart Tigers who has played in the SWL and TFL.
I can only take it AFL Tasmania did not do any marketing research ? Why not the Southern District Giants with an affiliation with the GWS. It looks like they bent over backwards for the Kingborough Football club and thought stuff the Huon Clubs, and now the bar has been set so low the new Hobart City Football club should just been known as the “Demons” and wear Melbourne’s NAB cup jumper
How many seasons did it take North Melbourne before Marketing and name brand of the “Kangaroos” did not work and for them to revert back to North Melbourne Football Club ? I do not like being negative all the time but put simply the Fish rots from the Head down Scott Wade has stayed ten years too long we need fresh ideas and someone who can bring all supporters on board. First new franchise club Branding a BIG FAILURE even got negative back page response from The Mercury. Cant wait to see the next one announced soon.

With Kingborough coming in as the Tigers, I did hear from a fairly reliable source that Kingborough basically said to AFL TAs that if they couldn't be the Tigers then they would not go ahead with the venture. I believe they will be marketed as "Tigers" without any geographical naming.

Seems my little bird was right. Can half understand why the rest o9f the huon is upset. AFL TAs tried to sell them a vision whuich was just not true. NHFC should now stand their ground for the new City club to be called DEMONS. There is now a precedent which AFL TAS would be hypocritical to ignore. Oh wait......... It's never bothered them before!

News Flash from AFL Tasmania
Scott Wade said the Scott Wade name was too long for a dictator and that had every right to push for the new branding of his name too “Il Duce”

Guess the players named can now ask their respective clubs for more money!

Well isnt that just the problem of having the league involved in running some clubs?. They have a vested interest in that clubs success. Apart from Devonport & South Launy of course:D.
How do the rest of the clubs compete? AFLTas know each clubs finances, so have that advantage too.
So we now have the 'Suburban' Tigers ( who play at Kingston by the way).
What will Devonports NTFL/AFLTas team be called? We should have a contest! The Bass 'Straiters'? Twin ferry city 'Floaters?, any other ideas? (Dont be rude!!)
North Hobart better not give in to some crap franchise thing or We will walk!

Well isnt that just the problem of having the league involved in running some clubs?. They have a vested interest in that clubs success. Apart from Devonport & South Launy of course:D.
How do the rest of the clubs compete? AFLTas know each clubs finances, so have that advantage too.
So we now have the 'Suburban' Tigers ( who play at Kingston by the way).
What will Devonports NTFL/AFLTas team be called? We should have a contest! The Bass 'Straiters'? Twin ferry city 'Floaters?, any other ideas? (Dont be rude!!)
North Hobart better not give in to some crap franchise thing or We will walk!

Mersey Madmen
Leven Lunatics
Wades Wonkers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been told be several players from North Hobart they haven't been paid since round4 this year. One was told the club wouldn't have the money till well after xmas??? Surely this is a concern given they are entering into a new era as well as looking to create a team in the SFL.

I have been told be several players from North Hobart they haven't been paid since round4 this year. One was told the club wouldn't have the money till well after xmas??? Surely this is a concern given they are entering into a new era as well as looking to create a team in the SFL.

Richy Rich pardon my Ignorance Is there an equivalent of the AFL players association for SWL players?
If there is the matter should go to them If not there should be a SWL players association for such grievances.
Also is it the norm for Players to be paid monthly 30 years ago (In the Dark Ages) we were all paid towards the end of the year In one Lump Sum minus membership Sub etc.

According to today’s Advocate Latrobe are not interested in being part of the New SWL North-West Eastern End Venture.
"Also rumour"s are rife that Latrobe is not the only one voicing its concerns and other clubs are also very worried about the situation, and are wanting the NTFL to walk away from its current deal with AFL Tasmania."
Link to Article
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1716296/latrobe-against-new-tsl-venture/?cs=88

Richy Rich pardon my Ignorance Is there an equivalent of the AFL players association for SWL players?
If there is the matter should go to them If not there should be a SWL players association for such grievances.
Also is it the norm for Players to be paid monthly 30 years ago (In the Dark Ages) we were all paid towards the end of the year In one Lump Sum minus membership Sub etc.

As if the players in this league would bother with an association:rolleyes: . most of them get stoof all for playing (except at maybe Clarence & Burnie!). We have a salary cap of about $80k ( most clubs anyway). The guys should really get paid each home game or monthly as you say. If the clubs cant do that then we really do have a problem with the TSL business plan. (whatever it is!)

As I thought, the pressure from within the NHFC has made AFLTas reconsider their original demand that the club have new colours & logo. I suppose AFLTas could do what they did with South Launy & give the license to a small club. Sandy Bay juniors maybe? & some in AFLTas do want Sandy Bay back in the league.

I guess their is no need for the Leagues 'puppy' Greg Barnes to keep his seat warm any longer.:eek: After all what does the 50% 'ownership' of the license bring? NH as well as all clubs need volunteers & community support, not 1/2 of a worthless piece of paper.
That community & supporters aspect of OUR clubs & OUR game all seems to have been thrown in the bin by AFLTas.
What AFLTas are trying to acheive with all this grief is beyond me. If they would just be open to the public & say what they want & how they see the league being structured, then we can either buy into it, or piss off & leave it to the big boys at Argyle st.

According to today’s Advocate Latrobe are not interested in being part of the New SWL North-West Eastern End Venture.
"Also rumour"s are rife that Latrobe is not the only one voicing its concerns and other clubs are also very worried about the situation, and are wanting the NTFL to walk away from its current deal with AFL Tasmania."
Link to Article
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1716296/latrobe-against-new-tsl-venture/?cs=88

50% ownership means the clubs supply all the support staff (drones ) recruiters ,water boys,kiosks ,entrance staff trainers, bar staff fund raisers etc etc etc etc ,
and for their 50% AFL tas supplies Scott Wade to beat the drums , boys and girls
Thats why Hobart walked away

I certainly wasn't hinting at that??? Not sure where the players association outburst came from old boy! I'm simply saying that the North Hobart players haven't been paid since round 4. To my understanding they get paid every home game and everytime they ask that are given a different explanation. Sorry for bringing it up, obviously hit a nerve.

No Hit Nerve Young Man ! must be peeing the players off I guess that the hours needed to commit these days especially with the travel is huge,
Hope they sort it out soon and the guys get some $$$.

Link to Article

Ulverstone motion voted down "LATROBE'S motion to not support the NTFL's share of a new North-West TSL club was defeated at a league meeting in Ulverstone last night."

From The Advocate 21/8/2013
Latrobe motion voted down
By CAMERON WHITELEY
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1719400/latrobe-motion-voted-down/?cs=2544

Remove this Banner Ad

Back