TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Using a friends optus sports ID and tried running a HDMI cable to the tv and it looks putrid. Even looks pretty shit just on the laptop screen, not getting any lag or buffering, quality set to high, just looks rubbish and pixelated, any suggestions?

What a joke for the biggest sporting event in the world.

Did you do the optus thing on PC or phone?

Phone/Apple TV. Current speed I’m rocking is 55/5, Netflix and other streaming stuff going no problem, just this piece of poo app. Thought it might have been because too many people are trying at once but everyone here is fine, yet I can’t keep up with everyone laying into them on their Facebook page. :shrug:

Mine is similar. I have fine internet. It works better if I sit 20 seconds behind but for the world biggest sporting event I shouldn’t need to.

Really is a farce.

Is it really Optus' fault or the fact that as a country we have terrible internet.

Thanks politicians.

Trying to watch on laptop ... I can watch all the pre recorded stuff on the site no worries but have not been able to watch anything live yet whatsoever .. does not load at all... any ideas ?

Mine is similar. I have fine internet. It works better if I sit 20 seconds behind but for the world biggest sporting event I shouldn’t need to.

Really is a farce.

How are you managing to do that? Before I could close the app and restart and I would get about 30 seconds of HD quality before it just dropped. Now I can’t even go 5 seconds.

Using a friends optus sports ID and tried running a HDMI cable to the tv and it looks putrid. Even looks pretty shit just on the laptop screen, not getting any lag or buffering, quality set to high, just looks rubbish and pixelated, any suggestions?

What a joke for the biggest sporting event in the world.
I’m running it through the Optus Sports website on a Firefox browser on a MacBook Pro with HDMI to a TV and it’s running fine.

First time I’ve tried this setup and I’m pleasantly surprised how good it actually is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m running it through the Optus Sports website on a Firefox browser on a MacBook Pro with HDMI to a TV and it’s running fine.

First time I’ve tried this setup and I’m pleasantly surprised how good it actually is.
I was running it through google chrome on the Optus website, now the stream won't even play. This is actually a joke haha.

Optus hasn’t ruined the World Cup. Had ****ing years to prepare and have blown it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back