Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

He stuffed up a few times before being picked up by the Cats, I know that "loyalty" isn't everything but I do feel like it would be poor form in this situation for him to ditch the Cats for more money, I doubt the Cats are completely lowballing him.

If he's leaving its not for money, Cats have money to match

If he's leaving its not for money, Cats have money to match
Honestly then, if it's not for money, then it would have to be leaving to go for a different state, e.g. if he wanted to say live in Perth or Adelaide (or another state for lifestyle reasons).

I don't see him leaving Geelong to go to another Victorian based club for anything other than money.

Honestly then, if it's not for money, then it would have to be leaving to go for a different state, e.g. if he wanted to say live in Perth or Adelaide (or another state for lifestyle reasons).

I don't see him leaving Geelong to go to another Victorian based club for anything other than money.
1. He's not going to want to move away from the Betts family as they are his support system

2. I think the belief is that if he moves to a Melbourne club it'll be closer than Geelong to his support system

Last edited:

He's from Port Adelaide, but while they could really use a talented small forward, I'm not sure his old friendship group in Adelaide would be the best environment.

The again he changed his lifestyle in Adelaide, so maybe not.

Also, does Port have the cap? Dunno

Reports are initial offer says otherwise

Apparently a lot lower than what he deserves

This one looks like it will drag out. Teams will offer big money
Links?

He stuffed up a few times before being picked up by the Cats, I know that "loyalty" isn't everything but I do feel like it would be poor form in this situation for him to ditch the Cats for more money, I doubt the Cats are completely lowballing him.
I think he has paid that back in spades
Will be 26 years old when he arrives at a new club and would be looking for his pay day and a 6 year contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin , Marchbank , Fantasia , Cunningham , Owies , Durdin could all be delisted and just run with Motlop , Stengle , Cottrell
Yeah could easily get rid of 3-4 of them without any impact on our depth imo. Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham spend most of the time in the rehab room anyway.

Would love for him to end up at Carlton by some miracle but can’t see it

I know he’s incredibly tight with the Betts family, but I just can’t see it happening

See what happens I guess

2 teams Stengle would be great at would be Carlton & Fremantle

Both clubs should be throwing everything at this bloke

Yep, exactly what Freo are missing and would improve us out of sight. Strange we’ve been linked to so many other players the last few weeks but no gossip on Stengle to Freo at all.
Believe it or not that actually gives me more confidence something may happen here as we have always run a very tight ship with next to no news ever escaping from inside the club.
When I say “more confidence” though I’m thinking this is an upgrade from a 0.00001% chance to 0.00002% chance … still a chance though !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, exactly what Freo are missing and would improve us out of sight. Strange we’ve been linked to so many other players the last few weeks but no gossip on Stengle to Freo at all.
Believe it or not that actually gives me more confidence something may happen here as we have always run a very tight ship with next to no news ever escaping from inside the club.
When I say “more confidence” though I’m thinking this is an upgrade from a 0.00001% chance to 0.00002% chance … still a chance though !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Perfect target for Freo, personally though I can't see him moving to WA with his history and the reputation around WA drug culture.

Think he stays at the Cats or moves to a Melbourne club to remain close to Betts and the family.

Perfect target for Freo, personally though I can't see him moving to WA with his history and the reputation around WA drug culture.

Think he stays at the Cats or moves to a Melbourne club to remain close to Betts and the family.
Carlton would make the most sense if he wanted to move but stay in melbourne
Only problem would be the salary he would be expecting to move and if players like Zurhaar are talked about $700k
Stengle would be looking to cash in as he wouldnt have earned much at Richmond , Adelaide or his first 2 years at the cats

This, also been said many times but he has the Betts family as a support system.
He’s not moving away from them.

I don’t think it’s because Freo are running a tight ship I just don’t think it’s even an option.

The three mentioned in previous reports have been
1. Geelong
2. Carlton
3. Essendon

Reports are initial offer says otherwise

Apparently a lot lower than what he deserves

This one looks like it will drag out. Teams will offer big money

Hmm I haven’t heard anything about him being lowballed.
In fact, the only thing I’ve heard from a legit reporter in regards to this is that

1. they are already in talks with Geelong about him staying and he’s happy where he is at but they’ve gotta meet in the middle on a contract.
2. Its is Anna Betts who is doing the negotiations for him.
3. Carlton and Essendon are the other clubs who have shown interest.

The Bombers set to launch a play for Stengle not sure if its manager talk to get Geelong to up to deal.

He's perfect for us, so hopefully not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back