u18 comp going ahead in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

just went on the vafa website. and the fixture has changed AGAIN.
St. Bernard's are now listed. so brings it back to 8 teams.

Apparently Therry 18s have recruited a kid named Matthew Jones, who is going to be an absolute superstar. Best in comp???

the krusher boys had a good hitout on the weekend against stkilda city. a very solid win. looking to be very competitive this year !

Which teams are looking good atm? Nthn Bullants sound like they could be good, what sorts of blokes are playing for them? SBMT r usually good also

the Nthn Bullants side is pretty much the same side that won the Under 17 div One granny in the YJFL last year.

camberwell had roughly 38 put their names down on tuesday for jumpers
add in a couple who werent there and then account for injuries and what not....
looks like it will be tight but may pull together a team just.
might be short on players some weeks tho

Who are the Northern Bullants?, I am presuming the are some affiliation of the VFL side.
Why have they been allowed to field a side in the competition, when they the don't have a senior side running around in the VAFA?
Reading earlier pages of this thread it appears that Cheltenham were knocked back from entering a side because their seniors don't play in our comp.
Is this the VAFA being hypocrytical, or is there more to it?

Basically, Bullants were 100% ready to go with a full under 18 team.
Thier league runs under 17s and under 19s, so their under 17s of last year have all moved up a grade to under 18s, and the ammos have let them join.
Dunno anything bout cheltenham, but happy there's 8 teams so no-one has to have a bye.

Tips for this week??

Oakleigh over UHS-VU
St Bedes over Old Camberwell
Bullants over Bernards
Therry over Salesian

:thumbsu: spot on there. will the blowouts continue? st bernards gonna put up a fight this week against the new boys? st bedes look strong none the less.

Tips for this week??

Oakleigh over UHS-VU
St Bedes over Old Camberwell
Bullants over Bernards
Therry over Salesian

Yep, i think those votes r spot on. Here's my top 4-

Oakleigh
St Bedes
Northern Bullants
Therry Penola

UHS-VU to just miss out, to finish 5th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh
St Bedes
Northern Bullants
Therry Penola

hard to gage a top four after one round. after this weeks games we may have a better awareness.

:thumbsu: spot on there. will the blowouts continue? st bernards gonna put up a fight this week against the new boys? st bedes look strong none the less.
bernards will have a full team this week unlike the 14 last week so shouldnt be as bad, but id still expect the bullants to win comfortably.

camberwell had roughly 38 put their names down on tuesday for jumpers
add in a couple who werent there and then account for injuries and what not....
looks like it will be tight but may pull together a team just.
might be short on players some weeks tho

Camberwell have a got a full team of 24 players, with 6 or so missing out on a spot in the side, should have a full team for the year.

Oakleigh
St Bedes
Northern Bullants
Therry Penola

Not Therry, the other 3 should be top 3 though, hard to know what order they will be in before they play each other

Good work everyone on the guess of therry being a top 4 side. very much a bottom of the table side.
Therry are better than a bottom of the table side. Have lost 2 winable games (games that we shouldve won), the first against UHS-VU who we beat in a praccy match by almost 10 goals, and the 2nd against St Marys, which we definetly should have took a hold on the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters however didn't due to not being able to nail our chances in front of goal. The scoreboard did not reflect the contest at all, and I'm sure anyone from st. marys would agree. Will be tough to come back and make the finals now with the possibility of being 0-4 (oakleigh and st.bedes in the next 2 weeks), but will be alot more competitive throughout the year than sides may think.

Therry are better than a bottom of the table side. Have lost 2 winable games (games that we shouldve won), the first against UHS-VU who we beat in a praccy match by almost 10 goals, and the 2nd against St Marys, which we definetly should have took a hold on the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters however didn't due to not being able to nail our chances in front of goal. The scoreboard did not reflect the contest at all, and I'm sure anyone from st. marys would agree. Will be tough to come back and make the finals now with the possibility of being 0-4 (oakleigh and st.bedes in the next 2 weeks), but will be alot more competitive throughout the year than sides may think.

Were you even watching the game on saturday? It was comprehensive, we also missed easy shots at goal, if anything the margin should have been bigger, we were 1.9 at half time u were 1.10 at the end of the game, idiot.

Were you even watching the game on saturday? It was comprehensive, we also missed easy shots at goal, if anything the margin should have been bigger, we were 1.9 at half time u were 1.10 at the end of the game, idiot.
The margin was 5 or 6 points at half time. It was basically a 5 minute burst late in the 3rd where you blokes kicked 3 or 4 quick goals which did it, and you kicked one in the opening minutes of the last, at which point we basically gave up.

I wouldn't call it a comprehensive win. You guys definitely deserved to win, Therry's boys failed to hold their marks, and their defense could not hold down your forward line. Your defense double teamed Therry's forwards, but that is perfectly legal in football, and St Marys deserve all the credit.
But Therry can still be competitive this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back