u18 comp going ahead in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea it was a competitive game, not much point going in to detail about it now. Fact is that Therry will have to improve vastly or get new players if they want to be competitive. Any insight on the camberwell vs st bedes game? close one

I think it was more that we had conceded defeat rather than gave up.
And it was a good of individuals rather than the whole team that dropped intensity in the last quarter.
Yeh that is definetly a better way of putting it.

Anyway tips for this week???

Old Camberwell over St.Bernards
Oakleigh over Therry
UHS-VU over St.Marys
St.Bedes over Northern Bullants (game of the round)

I would probably tip St Mary's over UHS-VU and Northern Bullants over St Bedes.
Both St Bedes and Northern Bullants have versed OC... Bullants won by 40+, St Bedes won by just 5.
Im happy with OC and Oakleigh in the other 2 games.

how about Therry vs St Bedes, after Therry nearly knocked off Oakleigh?
Should be an even better match.

judging on results. st bedes arn't that flash. only beat OC by 4 points then got flogged by NB. inconsistent it seems. will be an interesting game to see where both teams are at.

Round 6.
bullants vs oakleigh looks to be a very good game.
I reckon the bullants are looking the best team in the comp, and should beat Oakleigh by 5 or 6 goals.

Anyway, tips for this week???

Bullants will be too good for UHS-VU, whos ladder position probably doesn't quite paint the best picture of the side they are.

A rejuventaed Therry over St.Bedes at home.

St.Bernards only just over St.Marys (don't let last weeks result sway your judgement, St.Bernards Under 19's had a bye and they dropped half their team, who pretty much won them the game. they won't be nearly as strong this week).

And Oakleigh over Camberwell.

Anyway there are a few very interesting games this week, and we will no alot more about where teams stand after the weekend.

Apparently Therry 18s have recruited a kid named Matthew Jones, who is going to be an absolute superstar. Best in comp???
I heard he also brought a mate down with him named Damien Ratcliffe (aka Damo5). Watch out for that guy, a fierce hip n shoulder on him:)

therry are lots better than bottom of the table
new recuit lachy vassallo looks the goods and has potential to challenge for goal kicking

Great Win by Therry over St Bedes.
Theyre getting on a roll now, although Northern Bullants will probably knock them off this week, they have the potential to be a top 4 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullants wont lose a game this year
They do seem a head above everyone else. Oakleigh is the only team that is close, but I've seen them both and the bullants are definetly a class above. In saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if they do slip up somewhere along the line.

They do seem a head above everyone else. Oakleigh is the only team that is close, but I've seen them both and the bullants are definetly a class above. In saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if they do slip up somewhere along the line.

"krushers v bullants, gonna be a good game with the krushers having the inclusion of their injured skipper Z.Thiessens ;);)

"krushers v bullants, gonna be a good game with the krushers having the inclusion of their injured skipper Z.Thiessens ;);)
There are 4 very interesting games this week. Im tipping:

The bullants will get their first real test, but I think you will find they will be too good and get up by 6 or 7 goals.
Therry over Bernards. Therry must win to keep in touch with the top 4 and should be able to get up here.
Camberwell over St.Marys. Camberwell have been very competitive in every match they have played and have had a few very close losses. St.Marys aren't too flash, so Camberwell for their first win here.
And St.Bedes just over UHS-VU in what seems to be an 8 point game. The winner here will be 2 games clear if 5th spot and will find it alot easier to make the 4. Could go either way but im tipping St.Bedes at home.

i think the oakleigh bullants game will be alot closer then you think, oakleigh have picked up a few new boys which will make there side alot stronger

Therry will be spewing after dropping this game to St Bernards. The only positive to come is that 6 of their next 7 games are winable, whilst St Bernards still need to play Oakleigh and Bullants in the next 2 weeks.

st bernards are continueing to play michael kavanagh in both 18's and 19's. An AIS athletics squad member who can run all day and showed it by last week making the best for 18's and unlucky not to for the 19's in the same day. Was offered vice captain of 19's but turned it down to play with his mates each week in the 18's. Could be just what the snowdogs need to get the bickies over oakleigh (2nd on 18's ladder) and old Camberwell (1st on 19's ladder)..

I played for Therry in the under 18s on the weekend, and Michael Kavangah did not stand out.
He has not played a game in the under 19s all year either, and has only twice been named in the under 18s best all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back