u18 comp going ahead in 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

i cant see anyone beating oakleigh in the finals, bullants are a very good side but when oakleigh put pressure on them for 4 qtrs they will not beat them! anyone else have the same opinion

i cant see anyone beating oakleigh in the finals, bullants are a very good side but when oakleigh put pressure on them for 4 qtrs they will not beat them! anyone else have the same opinion
Fair call jdr, but finals footy is a whole new animal........... nerves and pressure means the side to 'settle' first will gain the advantage. Bullants are a good outfit and should use Saturdays loss as strong motivation in their 2nd semi against the Krushers.

Fair call jdr, but finals footy is a whole new animal........... nerves and pressure means the side to 'settle' first will gain the advantage. Bullants are a good outfit and should use Saturdays loss as strong motivation in their 2nd semi against the Krushers.

yeh you make a good point mate finals is alot different too the normal season but in saying bullants could use strong motivation couldnt you say oakleigh will gain alot of confidence in beating them the last 2 times?

yeh you make a good point mate finals is alot different too the normal season but in saying bullants could use strong motivation couldnt you say oakleigh will gain alot of confidence in beating them the last 2 times?
For sure, the Krushers confidence will be sky high but I reckon the Bullants are hoping that confidence may turn into complacency. Football history is littered with "Odds On" favourites losing finals.
My money is on Oakleigh (if they stay on their game) just too strong across all lines. The Bullants have a good midfield/onball set-up and Gatto works hard across half forward but they struggle down back against a potent forward line. I look forward to the 2nd Semi, having watched their last 2 meetings they produce a high standard game.

If the VAFA wants to grow the teams for the 18's which do you think would be the best place to get new teams from, maybe a fast growing area?

i dont think it matters who finishes 4th because they are going to go nowhere anyway. 3rd or 4th arent going to get close to bullants or oakleigh there a division above the rest
Yeh definetly agree, the Grand Final is absolutely set in stone. Either side could win on the day, they are both very good. Obviously Oakleigh had beaten the Bullants the past 2 times, but it won't count for much come finals. Bullants have been a fair way better than Oakleigh the times we have played them (have played them both 3 times, and playing the Bullants again this week), but either could get up.

Yeh definetly agree, the Grand Final is absolutely set in stone. Either side could win on the day, they are both very good. Obviously Oakleigh had beaten the Bullants the past 2 times, but it won't count for much come finals. Bullants have been a fair way better than Oakleigh the times we have played them (have played them both 3 times, and playing the Bullants again this week), but either could get up.

so what your saying is that you thinkk bullants are better because they have smashed you before? have you seen them play when they have vs'd oakleigh? they dont look half as good as they do against the bottom sides!!

so what your saying is that you thinkk bullants are better because they have smashed you before? have you seen them play when they have vs'd oakleigh? they dont look half as good as they do against the bottom sides!!
Can you please show me where I said that?? Because if you could read mate you would notice that I didn't say that the Bullants are better at all.

"Bullants have been a fair way better than Oakleigh the times we have played them (have played them both 3 times, and playing the Bullants again this week)" that is where you said it.

i dont think it matters who finishes 4th because they are going to go nowhere anyway. 3rd or 4th arent going to get close to bullants or oakleigh there a division above the rest
It matters to the coaches, support staff, parents/supporters who's clubs are in contention to play atleast 1-2 games of finals football as well as the 70+ players, especially those who are top age and it may be their last chance to play any meaningfull matches with lots of their mates.

"Bullants have been a fair way better than Oakleigh the times we have played them (have played them both 3 times, and playing the Bullants again this week)" that is where you said it.
Yeh I said that the bullants have been better the times we have played them.

I never said they were a better team than Oakleigh.

It matters to the coaches, support staff, parents/supporters who's clubs are in contention to play atleast 1-2 games of finals football as well as the 70+ players, especially those who are top age and it may be their last chance to play any meaningfull matches with lots of their mates.

you play finals to win. wasting there time if you ask me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just hope for a close finals series. Hopefully there will be some good contests between the clubs.

Anyone know where they will be played?

Well they are going to be trying to win mate... Your argument is ****in stupid
thanks mate, even if the chances of a flag for UHS-VU of Bernards is 1% each, why would they not have a dip? Hardly wasting time especially with the motivation, for many playing Under18's football, being more than just winning a flag :thumbsu:

Lets just hope for a close finals series. Hopefully there will be some good contests between the clubs.

Anyone know where they will be played?
Both games are at VAFA Park / Sportscover Arena / Elsternwick Cricket Ground (whatever its called).

Friday night (7pm start I think) - Oakleigh v Bullants
Saturday morning (9.45am start) - UHS-VU v St Bernards.

Oakleigh Won by approx 5 goals

Dominated most of the play their small runners had the best of their opponents could have won by a bigger margin except for poor conversion.

oakleigh won by 41 points. scoreline didnt show how close the contest was. was very evenly played all night a couple of oakleighs small forwards just got away from bullants and was too hard for them to play catch up football and in the end oakleigh just pulled away. anyone know the result from this morning?

Thought today we (UHS-VU) were probably the better team for the first 1.5 quarters but didn't make much of it scoreboard wise. After that it was all St Bernards. Got a very good gameplan and a team of runners who are committed to the team enough to follow it. Absolutely belted us out of the clearances all game (**** #52 had a ripper). Will be interesting next week.

Thought today we (UHS-VU) were probably the better team for the first 1.5 quarters but didn't make much of it scoreboard wise. After that it was all St Bernards. Got a very good gameplan and a team of runners who are committed to the team enough to follow it. Absolutely belted us out of the clearances all game (**** #52 had a ripper). Will be interesting next week.

yeah was a good game till half time.
played on #16 all day, the kid loved bagging his teammates.

bernards have tuned up nicely with around 8 quick players that have been through the midfield throughout the year.

yeah was a good game till half time.
played on #16 all day, the kid loved bagging his teammates.

bernards have tuned up nicely with around 8 quick players that have been through the midfield throughout the year.

Yeah was good until half time. Wind really died down for our last quarter with the wind but I suppose you guys had the rain for your 3rd quarter with it so evens out, outplayed us in anycase. We knew your gameplan going in but just couldn't do anything to win a clearance and make your midfield accountable the other way.

#16 was probably just frustrated. He's a gun who has been injured all year and can't go in the midfield as much as he/we'd like. Still does some ripper things though. He's probably 1 of 3 players I reckon we deserve in team of the year, not that 'Joey Jargon' will come close to the best 22:D How many you reckon you'll get.

He's probably 1 of 3 players I reckon we deserve in team of the year, not that 'Joey Jargon' will come close to the best 22:D How many you reckon you'll get.

Surely Joey will have no say in the team of the year. he has no idea about our comp. anyone have suggestions for it. people from your team and others?

How many would get in from teams outside the top 4? I reckon UHS-VU deserves 2-3, St Bernards probably 3-5 while the rest are Bullants and Oakleigh. Joey's Jargon asked last week for people to call him to give nominations. Such a professional, high researching journalist such as himself should know that. Although apparently a few weeks ago I was one of two players to 'lead the charge from defence' despite playing the whole game up forward or on a wing:D How does he find his stuff to write? Does he even ask anyone who saw the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back