Toast Vale Michael Doughty...

Remove this Banner Ad

Very late when we looked beat he made Riolli earn one, he'll probably get games for it, well fined. Proud clubman.

Vale??? He ain't f....... dead mate...

He will still be at the G next week for the retiring player parade too!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I like the thread title.

Really great note to end on. But I'm a bit worried about who's going to replace him; not even sure that guy is on our list yet.

Vale is simply "farewell" or "goodbye" in Latin, without any connotations of death.

Many thanks to Doughty for a terrific career of 231 games. He was upgraded from the rookie list, wasn't he?

I remember fairly early in his career Doughty piking a marking contest where he would have been plastered by the on-coming opponent.

He copped heaps for that demonstration of weakness, but like the true soldier that he has been, he used this as a spur to himself to toughen up.

To his credit, he is as courageous as any other player in our team, if not more so, and has been excepionally reliable as a player through-out his career.

Well done Dogga. You will be missed.

Had a brilliant finals series, a real "general" down back that led the way- leaves the club in great form.

In regards to his replacement down back, I actually envision us looking a little outside the square and using Mackay down back. He has been very good there the past month or so and certainly has the knowledge and "reading of the play" that Doughty was known for.

All the best for the future Mick. No one can ever question your endeavor or your commitment to the club. You went out in a game that did all supporters proud, performing at your best. You won't be forgotten.

Thanks Dogga!

Those posters who had predicted Dogga's demise over the last four years have finally been proved right. My favorite player at the Crows has left a fine legacy for the youngsters at the club in how to prepare themselves to become AFL footballers. If they can continue where Dogga left off then the future looks bright for the club. You will be sorely missed. All the best in your next career.

May not have been the smartest , fastest , hardest , most skillful footballer we've ever seen but by gee...can't think of too many games he didn't give 100%.
All the best in your future endevours Dogga...few Wineflies flags coming up methinks.

OH...and the AFL still owes you an apology for not rubbing Farmer out for 8 weeks when he kneed you in the face :mad:

I can't believe he is retiring! Too good to be retiring!

You will be missed Dogga! MANY tears shed for Dogga at the final siren last night. Didn't realise how much he meant!

Good luck!

Set a great example to the younger lads with his commitment and selflessness. Take a bow Dogga.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back