Universal Love Welcome Dane Swan till 2016!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes looks lean and sharp, Fas also looking fantastic - the squad in general looking harder and more focussed - lovin' it!
Have to agree. The boys look leaner than past pre-seasons I feel; obviously, it would seem, due to the emphasis on endurance required because of the interchange cap. To name a few Adams, Swan, Brown, Fas, even Maxy look leaner I think. As someone said in another thread though, they seem to have retained some upper body size also. Hopefully Daveron has us primed to run out games into the pointy end of the season.

Have to agree. The boys look leaner than past pre-seasons I feel; obviously, it would seem, due to the emphasis on endurance required because of the interchange cap. To name a few Adams, Swan, Brown, Fas, even Maxy look leaner I think. As someone said in another thread though, they seem to have retained some upper body size also. Hopefully Daveron has us primed to run out games into the pointy end of the season.
It was a worrying theme last season where we continually drifted back to the opposition level towards the end of games instead of finishing the game off. Part I would attribute to the somewhat muddied interpersonal waters behind the scene at the club robbing the squad of that total focus so necassary in any team sport and part to a lack of explicit endurance conditioning.

As you quite rightly noted the extra hours spent actually working on their strength this off season appears to have had good results, boosting their upper body muscle mass without overtly increasing their bulk, much like the American sprinters.

Cloke also looking leaner. Interesting to see this difference under Davoren.

I was listening to S.E.N. yesterday, and I had to laugh at his comment that he only re signed on with Collingwood because he was too lazy to start over at a new club. He also said, that at this point in his career, the motivation for individual honours like All Australian and Copeland trophies are not in his radar, he would rather just concentrate on team success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back